- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Nick and Shaira finally get to talk about what happened to him ad what are they going to do with their marriage.
Meanwhile, Errol is back in LA and he is looking for Nick, fearing that he's probably out and looking for his wife now.
CHAPTER 24





Errol saw Daphne walking in to the foyer. He frowned. "Where's Nick?" He asked immediately. The woman raised an eyebrow and looked around. "Yes, I'm talking to you, Daphne."



"I came here and looking for him as well." Daphne replied. "I'm worried because he saw Shaira at a bookstore. You didn't tell me that she's here in LA."



Errol ran his hands through his hair. Problems arise now. "He must be out to look for her…" He grabbed his coat and went out of the house, followed by Daphne. "They should not talk. That woman will ruin the plans."



Daphne stopped on her tracks. She watched as Errol went to his car. He turned to see her still standing there. "What?"



"Nothing. You go ahead. I'll follow you behind." Daphne said. She watched as Errol went to his car and sped off, actually not knowing where to look for Nick. She, on the other hand, slowly went to her car. A smile dawned into her face. It was just all Errol's plans and she has nothing to do with it. She has her own plans and it's going to be way different from Errol's.





~~~





Frances opened the door and saw Kevin and Kristin standing in her front porch. "Goodness, Kristin. Come inside. You shouldn't be tiring yourself," she shook her head and glared at Kevin for taking his pregnant wife along with the trip.



"It's alright. I'm tired but I want to come along with Kevin." Kristin went ahead. "Where are Shaira and Nick?" She walked towards the living room but no one's there. She went to the kitchen and found the couple there, talking quietly. "Oh…"



Shaira stood up, taking one last look to her husband and then to Kristin. "Kris, you're here? Did Kevin know?"



"She just tagged along with me," Kevin said, appearing at the kitchen doorway. "Nick…"



Nick was already standing behind Shaira and looking at them. "That's Kevin and Kristin, my brother and his wife." Shaira said. "He has amnesia." She simply explained.



"Where have you been? Are you alright?" Kevin asked as he placed a hand on Nick's shoulder. There was a hint of a concerned look on his face. Nick felt the genuine gesture. Shaira's older brother turned to his sister. "How did you find him?"



"We found each other," Nick replied.



Kevin opened his mouth in surprise. He shakes his head. "Nick, what did Errol told you?" It was Nick who then, turned in surprise at him.



"How did you know that I'm with my brother?" Nick stepped back. Everyone is looking at him now.



"It so happens that I came across into overhearing my cousin, Romina," Kevin casts a side glance to Shaira before he continued, "demanding our grandfather to be the owner of the hotel company, as well as sharing the knowledge that Nick now owned majority of the shares, in behalf of his twin brother, Errol Henstridge." He sits on the available stool in the kitchen as everyone listened, including Nick. "I assumed that Nick is still alive based on what Romina is telling grandpa. I came to think that you're probably in trouble that's why you haven't showed up. We've been looking for you, Nick, and we never thought that the man who offered a big investment in the company is actually your twin brother. We thought that you're an orphan. Then I realized that all of these have been a game that grandpa and Errol have been playing for a long time now. Errol coerced grandpa into letting Shaira marry Nick, so that he can get the easier access to own majority of the company's shares. And I found out that the company was in danger of bankruptcy that grandpa had no other choice but to seek help to the likes of Errol Henstridge, who were more than willing to help. Have you been with him for a long time now, Nick?"



"I woke up in a bed after the accident remembering nothing. I wasn't able to walk and talk then. He told me that he's my twin brother in which I believe. You just have to feel it when he's related to you. He helped me get through my therapy." Nick replied. His hand instantly went to grasp his head. Pain shot through him once again. "This is confusing. Who should I believe, you or my brother?"



"Yourself." Shaira replied. Nick looked at her. "I don't want to think that your own brother is brainwashing you and telling you lies about me, or about our relationship. In your own mind and heart, you know the truth. If you just look within, you'll find the truth that you're looking for. You know the truth. You are just refusing to accept it."