- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Nick decided to wander off and clear his confused mind. He wanted to believe SHaira and he wanted to remember everything that he doesn't even know what to do.
MEanwhile, Daphne have been observing Shaira for days and decided to tell her about Errol's plans.
CHAPTER 26





Kevin walked towards his grandfather's office, ready for a confrontation with regards to the recent happenings. He just came from the airport and he wanted to finish this ordeal soon. Nick didn't come back which saddened his sister more. Shaira is scouring almost the entire Los Angeles to look for her husband.



He was nearing the office when he heard a noise coming from it. His walk became a run as he immediately went in and found his grandfather lying on the floor. A broken piece of wine goblet is within the distance. "Grandpa!"



Marc arrived running as well and saw his cousin. "Kevin! What happened?"



"I don't know. I just heard a noise and hurried inside." Kevin and Marc helped each other in carrying their grandfather. Lucas' secretary, who just came from the other department, immediately ordered a driver to take his boss to the hospital. "What could have happened?" Kevin wondered.



He and Marc were silently worried as they rode their way towards the hospital. Lucas is still unconscious. His pulse is weak. When they reached the hospital, there were medics who immediately took their grandfather from them. Kevin glanced to his cousin, putting a light pat on his shoulder.



"No matter how bad he is, he's still our grandfather, Kev." Marc said.



"I know." Kevin sighed. They reached the emergency room and waited outside. Later, some of their officemates arrived to know what happened to the CEO of the company.





~~~





Errol tossed the newspaper aside after he finished reading it. Lucas had liver cancer and dying. He didn't see it coming but he's glad that fate intervened and did what he should have done. The next thing he needs to worry about is to find Nick. His brother has been missing for days. He found where Shaira lives and after watching over her for a couple days, he realized that she's looking for Nick too. Where in the hell is Nick?



He went to pour brandy on his wine goblet. As a brother, he hoped that nothing wrong has happened to him. He's maybe full of evil plans for Nick's in-laws but he still had remaining caring bones in his body. He still cares for his twin. Nick is in amnesia. He doesn't have much money to eat or to check-in to some hotel. Where could he be now? Frustrated, he drank the brandy straight to the last drop then threw the goblet against the wall – shattering it into smaller pieces.



"You don't have to do that."



Errol turned and saw Nick standing by the door. "Nick!"



Nick raised his hand to stop him when Errol tried to walk towards him. "You got some explaining to do, twin brother."



"Huh?"



Nick raised an eyebrow. He casually walked towards the brandy and poured some for himself. He stared at the wine goblet first before drinking the wine. "Knowing that you're my twin brother is overwhelming because as you know, I never had a family. Knowing that you gave me the power to be the major shareholder in an international company is a blessing because as you know, I don't have much. Let me rephrase that. I don't have anything besides my wife." He grinned as he drinks the last drop of his wine and Errol just stood there, watching him.



"Knowing that you saved me from the accident is another blessing because as you know, I need my life. But knowing now that you brainwashed me to turn against my wife," he threw the glass against the wall, which caught Errol by surprise, "is bullshit!" He was instantly in front of Errol, grabbing him by his collar. "Did you ever realize how it hurts me, my own brother brainwashing me and trying to marry me off to another woman?" His voice boomed within the confines of the room. Errol had never seen him this angry before. Nick's face is red with fury.



"Stop this, Nick! What are you saying?"



Nick punched him hard on the face. Errol fell down the floor, holding the part that hurts. "It hurts, isn't it?" he walked around his brother. He kicked him hard on the stomach. "That's how I feel right now! How could you do these things to me?" Nick couldn't get enough yet as he picked up his brother from the floor but Errol pushed him away. Nick didn't let go of his twin as his hands went to Errol's neck. His twin hit him in the stomach and pushed him down to the floor. Nick twisted in pain.



"Alright, I admit. I brainwashed you. I want a better life for you, Nick." Errol panted as he watched his brother slowly stood up. He wipes off the blood from the corner of his mouth as a result of Nick's hard punch.



"My life is with Shaira. There's nothing better than that!" Nick coughed as he looked at his brother. "Damn, Errol!" He drew a deep breath. "I'm married and I have my own life now. You could, at least, be happy for me. And forget the past and get on with your life. There's nothing better than starting it off with forgiveness. Lucas is dying. Let the fate do that for you."



They stared at each other for a long time.