- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER: Lucas was diagnosed with liver cancer and his grandchildren came to visit him. But thinking that they all just wanted his wealth, he told them to leave him and that his last will has already been made for them. Kevin and Marc wanted to stay for Lucas but Shaira gave up on him. She wanted to go back to LA to continue looking for Nick, who still hadn't shown up.
Meanwhile, Daphne got a surprise visit from Nick and wasn't able to react upon seeing the real Nick ? the one who had his memory back. Nick only came to ask her about who she is and her relationship with Errol. After that, he immediately left.

Errol decided to leave the country and give himself a time to reevaluate his life. Nick convinced him to forgive and forget and he thinks that his twin is right. His brother is more important to him than anyone else and so, he chose to start on a clean slate and revitalize his relationship with his brother.
CHAPTER 28


Shaira watched as her grandfather's coffin is being lowered down the ground. Lucas died after a week in the hospital. His body gave up from the complications of his liver cancer. Meanwhile, they also learned through Kevin that Romina is not a real Chrysler after all. She made a scene in Lucas' hospital suite, demanding up to the last minute to give to her the control over the company. But Lucas clearly told her that she has no right over the matter because she's not the real granddaughter.



With her frustration, Romina grabbed Shaira and tried to hurt her. As the others quickly stopped her, Kevin ordered for her arrest and filed a lawsuit against her for attempting to hurt his sister. It seems like it was the start of many firsts for Romina. There were other criminal charges followed based on her debts and misdemeanors. She's going to stay inside prison longer than anyone expected.



Shaira remained standing by her grandfather's grave as she takes one last look on it. She can feel total freedom. She actually felt guilty that she was only half-sad about this. She prayed for a peaceful rest for Lucas but in her heart, she knows that she won't be having problems to cope up with the loss. Lucas made her that way and that's the sad part.



Shaira felt an arm going around her shoulders and looked up to see Marc. She looked up to her cousin as another older brother. He's been a very good man and she wished that he finds his own happiness soon. "How are you, Shaira?" Marc asked her.



"I'm fine. Grandpa may have been the coldest man I've ever known but I still love him. After all, he's our kin." Shaira hugged Marc. "How about you? How's the future CEO?"



"I never thought of it that way, Shaira. It takes a lot of responsibility." Marc smiled. "Grandpa left us a lot to take care of. I wish you can help me and Kevin handle all of that."



"I'll be here to help." Shaira sighed. She looked down when her tears came again.



Marc saw his cousin pausing for a while. "You're thinking about Nick." Shaira didn't deny it and nodded. Marc looked over her shoulder and nodded to someone. With a smile, he took his cousin's shoulders and spun her around. "There's your husband. He came here for you."



"Oh…" Shaira's tears instantly fell down her cheeks when she saw Nick walking towards them. Marc hugged her before walking away. Kevin greeted Nick with a nod as he and Kristin watched him approached Shaira. He surprised her when he knelt down in front of her. "Stand up, Nick. Why are you kneeling?"



"I'm sorry for leaving you."



Shaira knelt down in front of him. "You don't have to do this drama, Nick. You know me enough that I love you and I can never be mad at you." Nick wiped her tears and hugged her.



"I'm not going to make you cry again, Shaira. After taking my time alone and sorted out all the things that confuse me, I tried hard to gain back my memory. I remember everything now. I will never leave you again." Nick tightened his embrace on her. "I love you."



"Oh my God," Shaira leaned closer to his chest. "It feels so good to be back in your arms."



Nick kissed her on the forehead. They sat together on the soft grass, never minding that the people who attended the internment were passing by them and giving them curious looks. "Yeah, it feels so good. I felt so free. I am so happy." Nick whispered to her. Shaira only nuzzled to his neck in reply. "Let's now start our life together, Shaira. I've been looking forward to this day."



"I missed you, darling." Shaira softly said.



"I missed you more." Nick's fingers tilted her head up to him and kiss her on the lips.





~~~





"What's this?" Nick chuckled when he looked inside the backpack that Shaira told him to carry. He saw his photography stuff inside. "I told you that I won't be working while we're on our honeymoon."



Shaira reached out to kiss him on the lips, in which Nick graciously granted. "I know but I want to capture every moment of it, just in case you lost your memory again." She affectionately tapped the tip of his nose.



"Oh yeah, okay." Nick kissed her again. After a month since Lucas' funeral, the couple is going to the Caribbean to pursue with their honeymoon – courtesy of Kevin and Kristin. But before that, they arranged some important things first like finding a house where they can make a new start. Shaira returned to be one of the chefs in the hotel's restaurant as well as part of the management of the Chrysler Company. Nick was given another offer as a photographer and he was able to find a partnership with Brian who will help him in building a studio. He and Shaira also managed to get a school where they can sponsor children with their education. They have been busy and Kevin and Kristin decided to present them the honeymoon gift.



"You know, you have lots of time to do that when you reached the islands." Kevin said, rolling his eyes and interrupting the two before their heated kiss could turn into something more. These two can never be apart. Wherever Nick is, Shaira is there with him. Oftentimes, Nick is found inside the restaurant's kitchen as well. Sometimes, they are wearing the same kind of shirt. Kevin has never seen such couple who couldn't get enough of each other but he couldn't blame them.



"Why wait when you can do it along the way?" Shaira naughtily replied her brother. Nick chuckled. "Isn't that right, honey?" Her husband only nodded.



"Excuse me," somebody said. Nick instantly recognized that voice and held tight on his wife as he faced Errol. He placed Shaira behind him. "I came in peace." His brother said.



Errol cleared his throat as everyone looked at him, especially Kevin who gave him an intimidating look. He knew how Kevin can be overprotective of his sister.



"What do you want?" It was Nick.



"I just came from Europe when I found out that you're on your way to your honeymoon today." Errol tried to smile but he received nothing in return. "I, uh, wanted to apologize for everything wrong that I've done although I must say that it's not enough to make up for everything. I went to Europe to clear up my head, find myself and contemplate on my life. I realized that Nick is very important person to me and I shouldn't have done things to hurt him and his loved ones. I hope you can forgive me, Nick." Errol met his brother's look.



He gets something from his laptop bag as the rest watched him. He gives an envelope to Nick. "This is yours. It's the documents pertaining to the shares you owned in the company. I'm giving it to you. I don't have anything to hold on to it anymore."



Shaira looked from Errol to Nick. This is the first time she saw the two standing face to face. They had similar features but through the course of looking at them, they don't really look alike. But that must be the fraternal twins is all about. Nick is blonde while Errol is dark-haired. They are of the same height too.



Nick extended his hand to his brother which surprised Errol. "Let's start on a clean slate. How about that?"



Errol looked at his twin, eyes blurred with tears. A tear fell as he reached out to shake his brother's hand. Nick gives him an assuring smile as he pulled him into a hug. Shaira looked on with pride to her husband, who was able to forgive his brother. Kevin patted the two men on the shoulders, happy to witness what has just transpired.



"Thank you," Errol said as he looked at Nick. "And mushy as it seems," they chuckled, "I'd like you to know that I love you." He bit his lower lip.



Nick nodded. "Same here, Errol. I love you, twin brother."