- Text Size +
Chapter 11

~*~*~Later that night~*~*~*

"Hey, that was a great show!" AJ said to Nick as he headed out the door.

"Yeah, yeah," Nick yelled back, not really knowing what he had said. He wanted to get back to the hotel and make sure that Stephanie was ok.

~*~*~*~*~*20 minutes later~*~*~*~*~

Nick finally reached the hotel. He wanted to make sure that everything was great with Stephanie and that she was going to be okay. He soon reached his room to find Stephanie mindlessly looking out the window.

"Hey," he said to her and smiled at her.

"Nick, we need to talk," Stephanie said, seriously.

"Whats wrong?" Nick said getting a little worried that something was majorly wrong with her.

"I got a call from the doctor. Nick, I don't know how to say this other than just to come right out with it. I'm pregnant."

"WHAT? Are you sure?" Nick said stunned.

"That was my reaction. I asked her if there was any mix ups, there wasn't. Nick, we're gonna have a baby."

"But it only happened one time."

"All it takes is one time."

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know really. This was excatly what I was afraid of. I'm not ready to have a baby, I'm not ready to be a mother and I don't think you're ready to be a father. You're never home, and I can't take a baby out on tour like this, there is no telling the effects that it will have."

"Look, don't worry, we will work something out."

"Nick, I don't think we will. I mean this will be too hard."

"You don't think I'm going to let a little hard work get in the way do you?"

"Look, I just think that since you are in the BackStreet Boys and everything, that you might not be able to be in this babies life. I just don't know anymore."

"Stef, look," Nick said pulling her into a hug, "I love you and I know that we will work something out."

"Nick, maybe we shouldn't see each other any more," she said pulling out of his arms.

"Why? Because your afraid that this might actually work out?" Nick said rasing his voice, "Are you always going to run from good things. I'm in love with you and I'm not going to let you go that easily and if you think I will, then your wrong. There is no way that I'm going to let you go especially if you're going to have my baby."

"Nick...."

"No, let me finish," he interupted, "Do you know how many guys would have let you leave once they found out that you were pregnant? Lots. Stephanie, you know that I'm not most guys. I want to have this baby in my life. And you know what I think? I think that you planned this, you thought that I was going to let you go, but you know what, I'm not. I'm never going to let you go, you know that I have a right to be in this babies life and I want to be. I also want to be in your life. I love you. Nothing will ever change that." Stephanie looked at Nick and started to cry. Nick walked over to her and pulled her back into the hug that she ran away from earilier.

"Don't cry," he whispered, "I didn't mean to hurt you, but you hurt me. Stef, you wanted to leave my life and take my child with you, I would have been so crushed if you left. I love you with all my heart. Just promise me that you aren't going to leave me."

"I promise," she said through her tears.

"Good," he said pulling her tight, "I just don't want to lose you or this baby."

"Nick, I'm just really scared."

"You don't have to be scared. I'm going to be there for you. I'm not going anywhere, you don't have to worry. Everything will work out, it will all be great trust me."