- Text Size +
Chapter 12

~*~*~*~*~The next day*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I wonder where Nick is," Brian said, "he should have been here twenty minutes ago."

"Who knows? But I think it has something to do with Stephanie," AJ said.

"Yeah, that might be it. Maybe it was with the test results. I wonder what happened."

"They'll be fine. We just got to wait and see what happened when this kid comes in." About 20 minutes later Nick showed up looking tired and preoccupied.

"Hey man whats wrong?" Brian asked Nick.

"Nothing," he said not wanting to talk about the night before.

"It's something, you look it."

"Where's the guys?"

"They took off, they'll be back in a little."

"Ok."

"You still haven't told me whats wrong."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Is it about Stephanie? Is she ok?"

"If I tell you, you can't say anything to anyone until me and her sort things out ok?" Nick said real serious.

"Yeah, I promise."

"Well," Nick said looking around to make sure that no one was around, "she's pregnant."

"She's what?" he said shocked.

"Pregnant, but you can't say anything. We aren't sure what were going to do yet so we want to keep it to our selfs until we figure something out."

"Yeah, I won't say anything. But you will have to eventually."

"I know. But I don't think the right time is now."

"Look, just go back with Stephanie, she needs you there. I'll just tell the guys that you won't be able to make it. You need to be with her."

"Ok, thanks, I'll see ya."

"Yeah, bye."

~*~*~*~*~Back at the hotel*~*~*~*~*~*~

Stephanie was sitting at the window seat when she heard someone at the door, starteled, she jumped up to look at the door and watched as Nick stuck his head in the door.

"Hi, and sorry if I scared you," he said noticing the look on her face.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Brian sent me back, he said that I needed to be here."

"Did you tell him?"

"Yeah, but he promised that he wouldn't say anything."

"Oh ok."

"So how you feeling?"

"Better, I mean at least now I know whats wrong with me."

"Thats good."

"Nick, I'm still a little worried about this whole thing."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean after the baby is born. How are you going to be around to father this child? I don't want to have to take care of the baby all by myself."

"You won't be taking care of it alone. I'll be there."

"No you're not. I know how much being in this group means to you and there is no way that you are going to leave it and I won't ask you to. If you think about it, you are still going to be touring and going all over the world with your music and won't be there. You won't be there for a lot of things, like when the baby learns to walk or anything. You'll be to busy with all of this. I don't think I'll be able to take care of the baby on my own, I'll need you there."

"Stef I'll be there, why do you keep doubting that?"

"Because I know you. I know you want to be in this babys life. You're the kind of guy that will love this child no matter how hard things get, but I also know that you're the kind of guy that really loves his music. You won't give that up, and I'm not going to ask you to because I know thats what makes you happy and that you've worked hard for it. Because of that, I know you won't always be there when I need you."

"But I'll always be only a phone call away."

"Thats just not the same. What if I need you to hold me and tell me that everything will be ok? You can't do that through the phone. You can't wipe my tears away and make me feel better with a phone call. There is no way that you can take away the lonely-ness that our home will hold with out you with a simple phone call. Nick, you can't be there for your child through the phone and you know that."

"Is that how you really feel?"

"Yes, Nick, it is."

"I had no idea thats how you felt."

"Well thats how I feel. Nick I don't want things to get really bad between us. I love you, I really do it's just I don't want this baby to grow up with out its father."

"It won't. I love you and this baby. I know that it's going to be hard dealing with the fact that I'm going to be on the road, but no matter how far away I am, I will still love you and the baby. Stephanie, what I'll do is take off time from this so that I can stay with the baby and you until a point when I feel I could go back out."

"Nick, you do know that you'll practicly be giving up your life." Nick just stood there and looked at her, he knew that she was right, but that didn't matter to him.

"Yes, I know that, but I'll have a family that will love me almost as much as I love them."

"Thank you," Stephanie she said and smiled.