- Text Size +
Chapter 13

~*~*~*~*~The next day*~*~*~*~*~

"Guys, I have to quit after this tour," Nick said in the middle of a conversation between Brian and AJ that he wasn't really pay any attention to.

"Quit what?" AJ asked a little confussed.

"The group."

"WHAT?" AJ said shocked, "why?"

"I don't want to talk about it, I just have to," Nick said. All the guys just sat there. None of them knew what to say. This was a total shock to all of them.

"Nick whats the problem?" Kevin asked.

"I can't talk about it. I don't want to talk about it."

"You're going to have to tell us sometime," AJ said. Nick knew that he was right. Eventually they would figure it out or Brian would tell them. He figured that he may as well tell them now so that he would atleast have the support of his closest friends.

"It's about Stephanie," Nick said then paused to think about how to say it, "when the test came back it said that she was....." Nick said his voice trailing off.

"Was what? Whats wrong with her?" AJ asked.

"Well, she's pregnant."

"WHAT???" they all yelled at once except for Brian who already knew what was going on between Stephanie and Nick.

"Yeah I know, that was pretty much my reaction too," Nick said.

"Wow, that wasn't excatly what I expected," Howie said.

"That wasn't what any of us expected," AJ said.

"I just think that I need to take some time off of the group so that I can be there for her," Nick said.

"Yeah, thats the best thing you could do," Kevin said.

"This is going to be hard," Brian said.

"I know that. Thats why I figured that I had to quit this, atleast for a little while anyway. I don't know what else to do," Nick said.

"You're doing the right thing. Atleast you have friends and family that will help you. You have told your family, right?" Brian asked.

"No..." Nick said.

"You haven't told anyone yet have you?" AJ asked.

"No, not really."

"Geez man, you have to tell your family. You're really messed up about this whole thing," AJ commented.

"Look, I never had to go through this before!" Nick shouted.

"Woah man, you don't have to get all ticked off about it," AJ said, "maybe you should go somewhere until that attitude of yours goes away."

"Fine then," Nick said and stormed out of the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~Later that day*~*~*~*~

Stephanie sat looking out the window wondering about her future. Nick was the love of her life and she was sure that he would do his best at being a father, but still there was something about this situation that was bothering her. Just then she heard the door open and looked over to see Nick, unhappy.

"Hey baby whats wrong?" Stephanie asked.

"Nothing," he said and forced a smile.

"It doesn't look like nothing."

"I was just thinking about our future."

"Is thats what making you so unhappy?"

"I'm not unhappy."

"You look it."

"I was just thinking about how fast everything that we've known for so long as changed. I mean we went from friends to lovers to soon-to-be parents. I don't know if I can deal with this."

"Nick, just think the way I am. 'You're not the only one going through this.' I have to deal with this just as much as you do maybe more because I am the one carring the baby. I am the one giving birth to this baby. You just have to deal with the change that birth brings, I have to deal with the birth."

"Maybe you should head home now, you know so that you don't have to travel pregnant."

"No, I'll be fine. It's still in the early stages. I mean I've been travling already. It hasn't affected it. Besides, I want to be with you. I need you, there is no way that I can deal with this alone."

"Are you sure?" Nick asked only trying to do the right thing. He didn't want anything to happen to Stephanie or the baby.

"Yes, but Nick, you should stay in the group. I know how much that means to you, don't give that up. I love to watch you preform because I know that makes you happy. Just promise me that you won't leave the group."

"Stephanie....."

"Nick, I know that you want to be there, and I'm lucky to have a guy like you," she said and smiled, "but promise me that you'll keep this group in your life."

"I promise."

"Thank you."