- Text Size +
Chapter 16

~*~*~Later that day*~*~*

Nick and Stephanie were still a little nervious about the whole thing. Neither of them had their parents to help them out, they were mad because of the decisions that the two made but what they didn't understand was why they were so angery when it was their lifes. All Nick and Stephanie wanted was some guidence. They hadn't gone through this before, but they were both strong and they would make it.

"Stef, how you feeling?" Nick asked noticing that she had been a little sick since they had gotten home, he just wanted to make sure that she was ok.

"I'm fine, nothing new is happening. Its new to you because you were with the guys while I was going through this."

"I'm sorry about that."

"Sorry about what? You have a career that requires you to spend upserd amounts of time away from all your friends and family. You are never around for any thing. Nick, I've gotten used to it and so has everyone else."

"I'm not going anywhere," Nick said trying to make eye contact with her.

"You say that now, but I know you. You'll do one thing, and that leads to another and soon enough you'll be gone so you may as well stop denying it."

"Stephanie there is no way that I am going anywhere this time. This is the first time that one of my girlfriends is having my baby. I want to be there for that, I want to be there for everything. I love you and you should stop worring about wheater or not I am staying."

~*~*~6 Months Later*~*~*

"Hey!!" Brian said as Nick welcomed him inside. Stephanie was sitting on the couch, she really wasn't in the mood to talk, she was eight months pregnant and she thought that she was huge and she hadn't excatly been in the best mood.

"So whats been up?" Nick asked Brian, they hadn't really talked since they had gotten back from the tour. Nick had spent every waking second with Stephanie trying to make her feel better, and reesure her that he wasn't leaving.

"Nothing actually. I mean I've been hanging out, theres nothing really to do without the group being in action," he said.

"Yeah I know, but I need to do this. I need to be here with Stef."

"We know that, and thats why we decided to take this time off, its just driving all of us crazy. We're all so used of the fast life that this group brings with it."

"Me too, but like I said, this comes first," he said looking at Stephanie. She had felt totally guilty about all this. Nick loved his life and she was the one that was holding him back from it, but then again, she was right, he needed to be there for his baby, for her.

"You're doing the right thing. We all know you are. This is a really important part of your life now. You can't run away, we just hope that we can be back out on the road again, or doing something soon," Brian said.

"Yeah..." Nick said unhappy with the fact that he had just given up everything that he had ever known.

"Nick, go. Don't stay here, I don't want to hold you back," Stephanie suddenly said, her guilt and love for Nick had taken over. She didn't want to see him like that, bored missing his life.

"What?" he said totally shocked, just a few days ago she wanted him to stay with her, she wanted him by her side, and now she was telling him to go.

"You heard me. I see how miserable this is making you. I can't do that to you. I can stay with Ashley or something. I'll be fine, just go. I hate seeing you like this."

"Stephanie, no I said that I was going to be here for you and I am."

"I don't want you to if it's going to make you miserable."

"I'm not miserable."

"You sure as hell act like you are!" Stephanie said, her voice getting louder.

"Calm down Stef. You can't be getting all crazy like that," Nick said, worring about her and the baby.

"I'm going upstairs, I need to be alone," she said with a single tear rolling down her cheek. When Stephanie reached her room, she let all the tears that she was holding back flow free. She was hurting Nick, he wanted so badly to be back on the road, but she was holding him back. It wasn't like she wanted to be pregnant. This would be one of the last things that she would want considering her age and the situation that her and Nick were in.

Stephanie walked over to their bed and layed down, she needed to rest. Just as she began to get comfortable, she felt something, she wasn't sure what it was, but suddenly she was in pain. She was having the baby!!

"NICK!!!!!!" She yelled tears rolling down her cheecks, she was scared and not ready for this. A moment later, Nick appeared at the door and realized that she was having the baby.

"Come on Stephanie, we need to get you to the hospital," he said trying to hide the fact that he was scared out of his mind. This was just as new to him as it was to Stephanie. Nick helped Stephanie get downstairs as Brain went to get the car. As Nick helped Stephanie in the car, she couldn't help but be scared, she wanted all this to be over with already.

*~*~*~*20 minutes later~*~*~*~

As Brian sat in the watingroom, the others began to arrive. He had called them because he thought that they could use the support. The first one to arrive was AJ with Amanda and Leighanne.

"Are they ok?" Leighanne asked.

"I don't know, I haven't seen Nick or Stephanie since we got here," Brian said.

"So we're the first ones here?" AJ asked.

"Yeah," Brian said sitting back in the chair that he was in.

"Hey!" Howie yelled as he came in, "any news?"

"Nope," AJ said. Then Kevin and Kristen showed up, and were filled in about what they knew which was nothing. About another hour passed before Nick came out.

''So?" Brian asked.

"So I have a daughther," Nick said still a little shocked by the whole thing.

"Congradulations!!" Brian said smiling at Nick.

"Yeah man!!" AJ said, "Hows Stef?"

"Shes ok. They want her to stay a little longer because the baby was early, but other than that shes great," Nick said.

"How is the baby?" Kevin asked.

"Fine, but they want to make sure that shes ok before they let us go home. Just to be on the safe side you know?"

"Yeah, rather be safe then sorry," Howie said.

"Yeah," Nick said, "well, I'm going to go back with Stephanie."

"Wait, you never told us what you named her!" Leighanne said.

"Oh yeah, right," Nick smiled, "her name is Hope."

"Hope? That is soo beautiful," Leighanne said.

"Yeah it was Stephanies idea, she thought that if her name was Hope, we would always have hope for a bright future," Nick told them.

"Thats sweet!" she smiled.

"Well, I'm going to get back to Stephanie, see you guys later," he said.

"Bye," Brian said.

"I can't believe that they have a baby," Howie suddenly said after a long moment of silence.

"Yeah, but they do and things are going to be different," Kevin said.

"Really different," Brian added.

"At least they have family and friends," Amanda said.

"Friends anyway," Brian said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean when they told their parents they freaked. Neither Stephanie or Nick has talked to them since they told them."

"Wow."

"Yeah."

~*~*~*Meanwhile~*~*~*~

"Hey Stef," Nick said as he walked into the hotel room where Stephanie was holding their daughter.

"Hi," she said smiling, it was like all the fear that she once had was gone.

"How you feeling?"

"Great." Nick smiled at her, he was glad to she her happy because it had been a while. Nick believed that their daughter had brought them closer. "Want to hold her?" Stephanie asked.

"Yeah," Nick said walking up to Stephanie and taking Hope into his arms. Stephanie smiled at the sight of Nick and their daughter. For some strange reason this seemed so perfect. Their family had started off so perfect. Hope was a beautiful baby, she had Nicks eyes, and she just amazed by that.

"Nick I love you."

"I love you too," Nick said and placed a slight kiss on her lips.