- Text Size +
Chapter 21

~*~*~Later that night*~*~*~

Nick finally landed back in New York. The limo had been waiting for him to arrive, he had wished that he had a little less obvious way to travel, but his car was back in Florida. Nick walked over to the limo that was to take him to Stephanie. He sat down with Hope in his lap. He smiled at her when she started making silly noises.

He loved her and he was glad that he was able to hold her again. It was hard to believe that just hours ago, he had thought that he had lost her. That whole experience made him realize just how much Hope and Stephanie had meant to him. They were his whole world. They were the only thing stable in his life, the group could end at any time, but the love of his daughter and girlfriend was something that would never die and he was glad.

"I love you," he said to Hope when she looked up at him. He knew that she couldn't understand what he was saying, but he loved her and he only wanted her to have memories of being loved. Soon the limo pulled up to the hotel and Nick took Hope and went inside.

"We're going to get to see mommy again," he whispered to Hope as he took the elevator to the floor where the others were staying and where he knew Stephanie was waiting. Hopefully, he would get some answers. He wanted to know why she left and why she tried to keep Hope from him, it killed him to think about all that he had gone through that day, but he had to know why. Finally, the elevator reached the floor and he got off and went to where the guys where hanging out, and he saw Stephanie.

"Hey," Brian said noticing that Nick had finally arrived.

"Hi, can you take Hope for a second, I want to talk to Stephanie, alone," he asked.

"Yeah sure," he said taking Hope from Nick.

"Come here..." Nick said to Stephanie and she suddenly felt a little scared, but she still got up and followed him to his room where he just sat on the bed and put his head in his hands. Stephanie walked over to the bed and sat next to him and put her hand on his shoulder, to hopefully comfort him.

"Why Stephanie? Why did you do what you did? Why did you leave and not tell me? Why were you going to keep Hope away from me? Why did you hurt me the way you did? Stephanie, why?" he asked holding back his tears.

"Nick, I never meant to hurt you, but after we argued, I just got really mad. I didn't know what to do, but then I got thinking. You told me that you were leaving two days before you leaving, the group seemed more important so I figured that me and Hope were holding you back and thats why I left. After I realized that I didn't know where I was going, I thought that Hope would be better off with my parents. They didn't want to take her at first, but when they realized how messed up I was, they agreed to let her stay there. I had told my mom not to tell you she was there if you came asking, but I think when she realized that you loved her as much as you do, she figured that she would be better with you. I came here to apologise for the fight, I didn't know that you were going to fly down to Florida and see that note. After I thought about it, I realized that it was the wrong thing to do. Nick I love you and I'm sorry," she said tears forming in her eyes.

"You know as well as I do that you and Hope are the most important things in my life. Stephanie, when I got home and I found that letter, my heart completely broke. I went up to Hopes room and I cried. I cried for a while until I decided that I wanted to look for you. I told Brian that I wasn't coming back until I found you and Hope. I was ready to give up everything and spend as much time as it took to find you two," he said a little angry.

"I'm so sorry," she letting her tears flow.

"I know," he said as he hugged her, "but don't ever try to take Hope from me again. Shes my daughter, I want to be there for her. I want to be there for you."

"I won't, I promise."

"I love you," he said and kissed her check.

"I love you too Nick and I am so sorry," she said hoping that Nick would be able to forgive her, she loved him and wanted to be with him.

"I know, I'll be right back, I'm going to get Hope."

"Ok," she said. She was glad to see that he loved Hope as much as he did. Stephanie knew as long as Nick loved Hope, no one would ever be able to hurt her. Nick was going to be there for Hope and she knew that and she was glad. Nick quickly returned with Hope in his arms. Stephanie smiled, it had been a week since she had seen her.

"Oh god I missed her," she said taking Hope from Nick and kissed her head. Nick smiled, he loved them and he knew that everything was going to be ok. They were back in his life and nothing was ever going to take them away.

*~*~*~*1 and a half years later~*~*~*~

"You guys are up next...." the stage manager said to the guys. They were at MTV's TRL to promote a new album. Nick had brought Stephanie and Hope along with him because he wanted them there for him.

"I love you," Nick said to Stephanie and kissed her.

"I love you too," she said as Hope began to squrim in Stephanies arms.

"I love you too," Nick said to Hope who was reaching for him, "Daddy's got something to do, I'll be right back."

"Dada!" she said. 'Dada' had been her first word. Hope had only celebrated her second birthday not to long ago, so she only knew a few words but 'Dada' had seemed to be her favorite and Nick was over whelmed with joy when he heard her say 'dada' for the first time. He looked as if he was going to cry.

"Ok guys its time," the stage manager said.

"I gotta go.." he said and headed to the stage.

"Dada!" Hope called.

"No baby, dadas working," Stephanie said. The world knew about her and Hope, Nick decided that he didn't want to keep them secret any more and just two months ago he had confirmed all the rumors. She was glad that he wasn't keeping them secret anymore, some people didn't like the news at first, but they didn't care. He was happy and he loved her and Hope.

Stephanie sat with Hope and watched the guys on tv in the back. She watched as Hope started to move around, she wanted her daddy. They soon went to commercial and Nick returned to the back room.

"Dada!!" Hope said and ran to Nick and he picked her up and spun her around, Stephanie smiled at Hopes giggles.

"Stef, I want you to come on air, I want to introduce the world to you and Hope."

"Nick.... I don't know."

"Come on, pwease?" he said making a sad face.

"Fine."

"Great!" Nick said, "come on."

"Hey, Stef," AJ said, "what are you doing out here?"

"I have no clue.. its all Nicks fault," she said.

"I asked her to come out here, is that ok with you?" Nick asked playing around.

"Sure, whatever," AJ said. Moments later they heard the man in the corner say...

"Were on in, 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1.. now!" When the show went back on, Nick still had Hope, Stephanie had tried to take her, but he wouldn't let her.

"Would you mind telling us who this little one is?" Carson asked looking at the little girl in Nicks arms.

"Yeah, this is my daughter, Hope," Nick said looking at her.

"Hi, Hope," Carson said. Hope grabbed onto Nicks shirt.

"Say hi Hope," Nick said. She shook her head no and gripped Nicks shirt tighter.

"I guess shes shy," Carson said.

"Not usually," Nick laughed.

"Wheres her mom?"

"Right here," Nick said waving for Stephanie to come. She shook her head no, "Come on," he said.

"No one listens to you," Carson joked.

"Yeah, tell me about it," he laughed. Finally Stephanie gave in and walked over to Nick and Hope. She hadn't wanted to be on tv, this was Nicks life, not hers.

"This is Stephanie, Hopes mommy," Nick said.

"Hi," he Carson said shaking Stephanies hand.

"Hi."

"Well at number one today is, gee what a surprise, you guys!" Carson said, "You guys have anything that you would like to say?"

"Actually I do," Nick said.

"Well feel free."

"Stephanie," he said putting Hope down and then got down on one knee and pulled out a beautiful engagement ring, "I know that we've been through a lot together, but everything we've gone through has only brought us closer. I love you and Hope more and more with each passing day. You are my world, my whole life, I would be lost without you. I'm asking you if you would make me the happies man in the world and marry me?"

"Oh my god..." Stephanie said putting her hands over her mouth, "Yes."

Nick got up and gave Stephanie the ring, the audience filled the room with cheers because they knew that Nick was happy with her. Nick gave Stephanie a hug as they went into the video.

"I love you," Nick said into Stephanies ear.

"I love you too."