- Text Size +
Chapter 6

They soon reached Nicks house and Stephanie couldn't help but let out a sight as she looked at the place that she was now to start to call home.

"What's wrong Stef?" Nick asked.

"Nothing," she said forcing a smile, "I just can't believe that this is happening. I never thought that it would. I always thought that me and you were always just going to be friends, this is a lot to handle in one night."

"If you weren't ready to move in with me, you didn't have to. Even if you weren't sure, you shouldn't have said that you would. I would have understood. Do you think it's too late for you to go back?"

"Yeah, I already said that I was going to sell the house, they are putting it on the market as we speak."

"I guess than this is kind of a perminant move huh?" Nick said trying to make her feel better.

"I guess so," she said sighing again.

"Did I do or say anything that made you think that you had to move in with me? Because if I did, tell me now," he said seriously. She turned her stare to him, she was some-what shocked.

"No, Nick you didn't. This was my choise which I made out of free will and now I have to live with that choice. I know that it's the right one, I just kind of miss being independant, living alone. Thats all, I'll get used to this," she reached out to put her hand on his cheek, "I am going to get used to it, because I love you," she finished with a smile and he returned her smile.

"Well, I think we better go inside. Grab a bag of clothes, we'll bring in the rest of your stuff tommrrow ok."
"Yeah," she got out of the car and the chill of the night quickly surrounded her, "woah, it's chilly," she said.

"Come on, we'll go inside." She grabbed a bag and her and Nick walked inside the house.

"It feels different to be here now," Stephanie said and looked at Nick, to find that he was smiling at her.

"Why is that?"

"I guess because I've only hung-out here with you, now I'm living here with you. It's something that I'm going to have to get used to," she said and turned away from him.

"Look," he said as he came up from behind her and wrapped his arms around her, "I love you. This will be great, stop acting so bitter and everything will be great," he whispered in her ear. "Don't argue with me, you know you are just saying everything because you're scared. Yes, you are scared, you don't want to give up what you had. Stephanie, I know how you are, just forget about it, be happy, here with me. In love," he whispered and smiled, "I know thats what you want." He was right, she was just coming up with excuses. She wanted to let herself fall in love with him. Stephanie was in love with him, she loved him with all of her heart, she was just too afraid to admit it. She didn't want to have to deal with losing him.

She let her head rest on his shoulder, to let him know that she wasn't going anywhere. That she was going to let herself love him.

"Nick, it's just that most people that I cared about, hurt me. I just didn't want to risk it again," she said pulling out of his arms to look at him.

"It's not going to happen again. I'm not most people, I'm not stupid enough to let you go," he said.

"I just......" Nick pulled Stephanie into a kiss to silence her. At first she was surprised at first, she wanted to pull away but thought about what Nick had said, so she let him kiss her. Nick started to walk Stephanie towards the bedroom. Once they reached the room, Nick layed Stephanie on the bed and continued to kiss her. She knew what was going to happen if she didn't stop him and she wasn't sure what to do.

"Nick," she said pulling away from him, "I know what was about to happen," she said and bit her lip, "and I'm scared."

You don't have to be scared, I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you. If you don't want anything to happen, than it doesn't have to, I'm not rushing you into anything that you don't want to."

"It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I'm really scared."

"You don't have to be scared, I would never do anything to hurt you," Nick said and than put his hand on her cheek and kissed her. She put her hands on his shoulders and soon the couple began to make love to each other. It was the first time that either had done so, and they knew that this was the beginning of something great.