- Text Size +
Chapter 7

~*~The next morning~*~

Stephanie slowly began to wake up and she noticed that Nick was already awake and looking at her smiling.

"Hi," she said.

"Morning," he said to her.

"What time is it?"

"Nine o'clock." She began to sat up and she remembered last night. She was still a little surprised that she let it happen. Once they had finished making love, Nick had given her one of his shirts to sleep in.

"How'd you sleep?" Nick asked.

"Alright," she stood up from the bed, Nick following her every move with his eyes, she walked towards the door.

"Where you going?"

"Downstairs."

"Why?" he asked smiling at her.

"Because I am, you have a problem with that?" she said seriously.

"No," he said and then added, "are you ok?"

"Yeah," she said and walked out of the room. Nick got off of the bed and went after Stephanie because he knew that something was wrong.

"Baby, whats wrong?" he said and grabbed her arm she looked back at him, but he wasn't going to give up until he knew what was wrong.

"Last night Nick. It shouldn't have happened."

"Stephanie, I told you that if you weren't sure you shouldn't do it."

"I know, but I thought that it was the right time. You said to let myself fall in love, and I did, the thing is, I'm not sure if I made the right choice. I mean falling in love with you was right, I'm not sure about sleeping with you though."

"Look, I really don't know what to tell you. I mean I did tell you to tell me if you were ready or not. I would never have forced you and you know that. The only thing we can do is not do it again until you're sure that you're ready. I love you and as long as you live here with me, I will do anything to make sure that you are happy and comfortable. Ok?"

"Yeah," Stephanie said softly. Nick put his arms around her and pulled her close to him.

"You feel better now?"

"Yeah, I do."

"I just want to let you know that you can tell me anything. You always did, just because we live together and are dating doesn't mean we have to change that. I've always loved that about you. Ya know, the fact that you could always tell me what was on your mind and not worry about what I thought. You just said it to get your feelings out. Don't change that on me." Stephanie just looked at him and remained quiet. "Look, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to or anything you don't feel comfortable telling me. I'm sorry for anything I did that may have hurt you. You know that would not have done it intentally."

"I know," she said and started to cry into his shoulder.

"Don't cry," he whispered to her, "everything will be ok. I promise you that. I'm always going to be here for you. I'll always be there when you need me, I'll always take care of you. There is no force in this world that is great enough to take you away from me, or me from you." Nick took her head in his hands and looked at her then smiled. "You're really beautiful, even when you're crying."

"Nick, shut up," she said and smiled back at him.

"There is that beautiful smile of yours," Nick said, "Have I told you how much I love your smile?"

"No, but it would be nice to start. Don't you think?" she said feeling better about everything.

"Yeah," he said with a slight laugh, "Stef, I'm glad that your feeling better," he told her.

"Me too, now I have some stuff that would like to get moved into here! Would you like to help me or do I have to do it all myself?"

"I'll help you, but I think it would be nice to get some more clothes on don't you think?"

"I guess so," Stephanie said and laughed and watched Nick go back to the bedroom to get dressed. He still wasn't totally sure if she was okay. He thought that she could be hiding how she really felt, but he knew that he had to trust her to come to him with any problems, he didn't want to force her to talk to him. After a few minutes Nick was dressed and he went downstairs to get Stephanie. When he got down to the kitchen, she was sitting at the table looking out the window, totally dazed. Nick slowly and quietly walked up behind Stephanie and put his hand on her shoulder causing her to jump.

Oh my god, you scared me!" Stephanie yelled.

"Yeah, that was the point," Nick said laughing.

"Shut up! I'm going to get dressed, I'll meet you outside," she said with a huge smile on her face. He watched as she went upstairs. Nick shook his head and laughed again then went out to his car where Stephanies stuff was. He began to unload her stuff and after a few minutes, Stephanie stepped out of the frount door and went to help Nick. She walked over to the car and looked at Nick.

"What?" he said noticing that she was staring at him.

"Nothing," she said smiling.

"That smile on your face says it's something."

"What smile?"

"You're getting to be just as bad as me."

"Sad isn't it?" Nick looked at her and shook his head and went back to getting her stuff out of the car. "Well, are you going to help me or what?"

"Nah, I'm just gonna watch you."

"Come on, this is your crap."

"First of all, it's not crap! Second of all, your supposed to be the man, am I right? So that means you can do this all by yourself."

"Now I know you're up to something. You hate it when guys do stuff like that, especially me."

"Yeah I know, I just needed an excuse." Nick smiled at her as he got the last of her stuff out of his car.

"Can you atleast help me get this stuff inside?"

"Maybe, if you ask me nicely."

"Pwease?" he said making a pouty face. She laughed.

"Now who can say 'no' to you when you do that?" she commented as she picked up a couple of bags.

"Haven't met anyone yet," Nick said as he grinned at Stephanie. She couldn't help but smile at him. She was glad that their friendship hadn't changed because of their newly formed romatic relationship and also by the fact that last night they expressed their love for one another physically. She still wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do, but it happened and she was glad that it happened with Nick if it had to happen with anyone. She really loved him and he really loved her. Neither of them knew just what this relationship had in store for both of them.