- Text Size +
Chapter Two

“This fire has been a major blow to the school. Once again, students are being transferred to high school close to their houses because of a major over night blaze that killed a janitor and a firefighter. More details to come. This is certainly a shock to the residents nearby. The police say…” he flipped the station and Seether’s “ Remedy” began to play from his speakers softly.

He pulled his car into the student parking lot and killed the engine. He stepped out and saw her leaning against the gate. She was looking away at the passing cars. He grabbed his book bag from the backseat and jogged over to her.

“Hey, Jenny.” He said. She looked at him.

“Hey, did you hear about Morton High.”

“No, what happened?” he asked pretending to be interested as they linked arms and started across the street.

“There was a fire over night and it killed two people. They’re gonna send some of the kids from there over to our school.” She said and he nodded.

“Kay, cool.” He said and she slapped his arm gently.

“You don’t care do you?” she pouted.

“Truthfully, no but I’ll pretend to for you.” He said kissing her check as they walked into the brick building.

“You’re a jerk you know, but it’ll do.” She said opening her locker that stood almost directly at the door. He stood behind her just in case any jerk decided to try and slam the door and hit her.

“Hey Jenny, about Morgan, are you gonna fight her cause I’ll fight her if she touches you.”

“Just worry about her stupid boyfriend. He thinks the same way as you. Let girls fight girls and guys fight guys okay.” She grabbed her thick History book and slammed the locker.

“Okie dokie.” He kissed her when she turned around gently as he starred in her eyes. The bell rang and the two stood embraced in each other as other did the same or hurried to class.

“I love you.” He whispered and she smiled. She pulled his face near and gently brushed her lips against his.

“God, love you too Lincoln.” She slipped past him and she jumped as his hand hit her butt.

“Told you I’d get you back at school sweet heart.”

“Well, may God damn you.” She laughed and she ran off down the hallway to her class.


_______________________________________________________________

“It’s very nice of you to join us Mr. Linburrow.” The teacher said and James nodded grinning as he sat down.

“My pleasure.” He responded cheerfully and he heard a muffled, “Sit down.” From behind him. He turned around and starred at his best friend Rob Lowe.

“You stand up ugly.” He said and Rob laughed.

“Boys, shut up.” the teacher sighed.

“You can’t say that.” Rob responded sweetly and there were a couple giggles and chuckles.

“Out Rob.”

“Fine, off with your head then.” He mumbled and he walked out.

“As most of you have heard, there was a fire at Morton High. Some of the students will be coming here for classes. There will be students in this class. I’m not sure how many but they are being transferred right now and will be here by next Monday.”

“Well,” James mumbled, “Thank God it’s Friday.” He said with a grin. He looked at his friend Micheal Typoh.

“Hopefully, there’s some hot girls man.” He said and James chuckled.

“I’m cool.” He said, “I already got mine.”