- Text Size +
A.N.: Be amazed - I've four chapter written for this fic & a new one will hopefully be written tomorrow, as I've already an idea. Thank God for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for helping me get this idea! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & the Littrell children. Kevin & A.J. own themselves, as does the rest of BSB. Song Apple Of Your Daddy's Eye belongs to Peter Cetera. Thank-you! Note: Song lyrics aren't necessarily in the proper order.
If I had my way Time would stand still You'd stay as sweet as you are But time waits for no one It never will

"Daddy! Daddy!" Ashlynn cried excitedly, running for the front door. She'd been in the living room with Daddy A.J. and Krissy, until she'd heard the front door open and Daddy Kevin's voice rang out.

Kevin laughed and scooped Ashlynn up into his arms, Krissy being scooped up as well a few moments later. He kissed both their heads, then shifted them slightly, so he could lean forward and kiss his husband.

"How were they?" He asked A.J.

A.J. smiled proudly. "Good as spun gold," he replied. "No spankings today."

Kevin smiled and hugged both girls, whom were still in his strong, loving arms. "I think our two good little girls deserve a treat, don't you, Baby?"

A.J. nodded. "Yep. I think they deserve one."

The girls giggled, both clinging to Kevin tightly - they'd missed him while he'd gone to work. A.J. had stayed home with them, as it was only needed for one of them to be there at their own record company.

"Hmm...now what should that treat be?" Kevin teased, as he watched A.J. smirk.

"McDonald's!" Krissy exclaimed.

A.J. looked at Ashlynn, who nodded immediately.

"McDonald's it is," Kevin laughed. "Guess you luck out too, Aje."

A.J. smirked. "I know. I've taught them well."

Kevin laughed, as he set the girls down. "Alright. Go get ready."

The girls squealed and quickly ran off, Ashlynn returning a few moments later.

"Daddy?" She said softly, almost shy like.

Kevin smiled down at her, as he took his work shoes off. "What is it, Baby?"

"Here," Ashlynn replied shyly, holding a piece of paper up for him to see.

Kevin glanced at A.J., who'd come out of the living room - he'd gone to clean up - and saw him shrug.

Ashlynn watched apprehensively, as Daddy Kevin unfolded the piece of paper.

Kevin smiled when he saw what it was - she'd drawn him a picture of four realistic looking people, and had spelled 'Ashlynn' at the top in pencil. It was all she'd written as she was behind in school, and didn't know how to spell or write anything other than her name - though Sam, Brian's wife, was going to be helping her with that soon - once she'd everything ready to homeschool Ashlynn and the Littrell children. Ashlynn and public school hadn't worked out so well. Krissy would be the only one in a public school, as she enjoyed Kindergarten greatly.

"Why, thank-you, Ashlynn," Kevin spoke, squatting down to hug the little eight-year-old girl before him. "I love it very much, Honey."

Ashlynn beamed proudly, hugging him tightly. She'd wanted to write 'My Family' at the top, but didn't know enough letters or how to spell it to do that.

"Would you like to write anything else on it?" Kevin asked gently.

Ashlynn looked down, shy again, and nodded slightly.

"What would you like to write, Sweetie?"

"My Family..." Ashlynn whispered, her eyes tearing up.

Kevin kissed her forehead. "Don't cry, Honey," he soothed. "Daddy'll help you, okay?"

Ashlynn nodded quietly, as Daddy Kevin picked her up and carried her into the kitchen.

Kevin sat at the kitchen table with Ashlynn in his lap, after retrieving a pencil and eraser from the one counter.

"Alright, Honey," he began. "Daddy's going to write it lightly, then you can trace over it, okay?"

Ashlynn nodded, liking that idea very much. She erased the 'Ashlynn' at the top, and wrote it on the bottom instead. She then handed Daddy Kevin the pencil.

Kevin lightly wrote 'My Family' at the top of the page, and smiled proudly as Ashlynn traced over it.

Ashlynn looked up for approval, smiling when Kevin nodded.

"Now, how about we stick this on the fridge - so everybody can see it when they come in," Kevin suggested.

Ashlynn nodded her head eagerly. She was proud of her picture - even more so, now that it had what she truly wanted at the top of the page.

Kevin carried Ashlynn over to the fridge, and helped her stick it up with the magnets that they had there.

Ashlynn giggled at some of the magnets, as they had funny-looking animals on them.

Kevin kissed her cheek. "Now, how about we get ready to go to McDonald's?"

Ashlynn nodded her head eagerly, anxious to go and eat - and play in the Play Land afterwards. A.J. and Krissy had told her all about that the other day.

Kevin carried her off to get ready, and soon they were all off to McDonald's - where they ate their Happy Meals, McNuggets, and Double Quarter Pounders with cheese and played in the ball pit inside the Play Land.

Held you in my arms so tight I'd never forget The best years of my life