- Text Size +
A.N.: Hey y'all! Glad to see y'all are enjoying my fic! Here's the next chapter! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelely owns Krissy, Sam, & Littrell children. Kevin, A.J., & rest of BSB own themselves. Song But You Love Me Daddy belongs to Jim Reeves. Thank-you.
You wake me at dawn When I want to sleep on But you love me, daddy.

Ashlynn and Krissy flew into their Daddies' room early Saturday morning - as they were hungry and had been told if they were good they could go shopping - and they liked to shop - especially toy shop.

"DADDY!!!!" Krissy shrieked, tackling A.J. "Times to wakes up!"

A.J. groaned as the five-year-old pounce and hit him right square. "Krissy..." He gasped. "Freeze...."

Krissy raised her hands in a freezing position, then giggled when Daddy A.J. finally moved to tickle her.

Ashlynn stood watching quietly - she'd run in with her sister, but had suddenly grown shy and stopped at the foot of the bed.

Kevin looked up and smiled at their eldest child. "Come here, Honey."

Ashlynn quietly took hold of his outstretched hand and allowed herself to be led closer to him - tensing slightly when he picked her up. Maybe they'd done wrong?

Kevin gently sat Ashlynn in his lap and hugged her close, kissing her head. "No spankings," he assured her. "You're allowed to wake us up, Sweetie."

Ashlynn relaxed then and snuggled in, watching Daddy A.J. tickle Krissy.

A.J. looked over and grinned at Ashlynn. "Hey, Honey."

Ashlynn smiled some, giggling a little bit when he tickled her foot.

"Shoppin'!" Krissy insisted, tugging on A.J.'s hair anxiously.

A.J. laughed. "Krissy! Don't pull Daddy's hair!"

"Yeah," Kevin agreed. "He's going bald as it is."

A.J. stuck his tongue out at him.

"Bad!" Ashlynn stated softly, pointing at Daddy A.J.

"Alex," Kevin said sternly. "You know the girls aren't allowed to stick their tongues out."

A.J. gave his husband a sheepish look. "Sorry Kev. Habit."

Kevin shook his head, then turned his attention back to the girls. "You ladies ready to go shopping?"

"YEAH!!!" Krissy cried, as Ashlynn just nodded.

"In your pajamas?" A.J. chuckled.

Krissy laughed delightedly. "Nooo!!! Daddy silly!"

"Well, let's get you dressed then, Kiddo," A.J. grinned, getting out of bed with Krissy in his arms.

Kevin waited until his husband and littlest daughter had left, before speaking again.

"What would you like to wear today, Ashlynn?" He asked, getting out of bed himself, with Ashlynn in his arms. He was glad him and A.J. slept in pants and not naked like they used too.

Ashlynn buried her face into his wife beater quietly. She was playing shy today.

Kevin carried her down the hall to her room and playfully dropped her onto the bed, causing her to giggle and him to smile.

"Jeans and a sweater?" Kevin suggested. "Dress?"

Ashlynn shook her head, and hopped down off the bed and went into her walk-in closet. She came out moments later with her overalls and a Backstreet Boys shirt from way back when.

Kevin chuckled, as he set clean socks and panties upon her bed. "Good choice, Honey."

Ashlynn hopped back up onto her bed, and stuck her panties on her head to be silly. She liked making Daddy Kevin laugh - Krissy hogged Daddy A.J.

Kevin laughed and tickled her. "Those go better on your rump, Goober."

Ashlynn squirmed and giggled about. Being silly was fun!

"Now, let's get you dressed," Kevin said. "Then we'll have breakfast, and head out."

Ashlynn nodded her agreement, as Daddy Kevin helped her change into her clean clothes. She could do it herself, but let him do it, as it made her feel special.

Once dressed, Kevin and A.J. met up in the hallway - each carrying one of their girls - and headed on down to the kitchen together. They stopped when they saw the mess of cookies and crumbs upon the floor.

Kevin and A.J. shared a look, then eyed the sheepish looking little girls as they set them down.

"Breakfast?" Kevin asked, as Krissy nodded and Ashlynn squirmed.

"How'd you get them?" A.J. asked.

"Ashlynn gots 'em..." Krissy explained. "We's hungry, and she gots us breakfast, Daddy."

"You climbed up on the counter to get them?" Kevin checked, noticing the chair shoved up against the one counter.

Ashlynn nodded silently, her head hung, as she backed up a little bit.

"You know better than to climb!" A.J. exclaimed. "You could've gotten hurt!"

Ashlynn just backed up a bit further in response.

Krissy tugged on Daddy A.J.'s shirt then. "Daddy, I askeds Ashlynn for 'em. Was hungry, an' no poptarts..."

A.J. looked down at Krissy, crouching down to her level. "Krissy, you know cookies aren't for breakfast."

"Buts Ashlynn saids yes!" Krissy argued.

Kevin crouched down to Ashlynn's level and held his hand out to her. "Come here, Baby."

Ashlynn backed up more still.

Kevin sighed. "Honey, you're not in trouble, okay?"

Ashlynn quietly took his hand, not looking up at all as he gently pulled her closer to him.

"Did you know cookies aren't for breakfast?" Kevin asked softly.

Ashlynn shook her head no. She'd thought that since Krissy asked for them, that they were allowed to have some for breakfast.

"Next time, get Daddy A.J. or I to get you something to eat, okay?" Kevin said gently, but firmly. "And no more climbing. We don't want you to get hurt."

Ashlynn nodded her response, glancing up a bit - her hazel eyes filled with unshed tears.

Kevin immediately pulled her into a hug. "Shh...Don't cry, Baby. You're not in trouble; you didn't know."

Ashlynn buried her face into him, and snuggled as he scooped her up.

"Well, since they've eaten," A.J. began. "I say we head out."

Kevin nodded. "Yeah. Let's go."

They got the girls ready to go - dressing them in their shoes and jackets. Then they buckled the girls into the middle seat of the van, and drove off for the mall after they'd gotten in and buckled up themselves.

Now you eat the cookies When I tell you, no But you love me, daddy 'Cause you tell me so.