- Text Size +
A.N.: Here's more - & I'd best get writing - I'm just about caught up to where I left off-lol. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & Littrell children. Kevin, A.J., & rest of BSB own themselves. Song is Butterfly Kisses sung by Faith Hill & Tim McGraw. Thank-you! Note: Some lyrics have been changed to suit my story.
Daddy take me with you I promise I'll be good Daddy, this is next time And Daddy A.J. said I could... For butterfly kisses With her Daddy there Stickin' little white flowers All up in her hair

Ashlynn watched as Daddy Kevin got ready to go out. She wasn't sure where he was going, she just knew that she wanted to go too.

"Here's the list, Kev," A.J. said, handing his husband the grocery list they had made.

"Thanks Aje," Kevin smiled appreciatively, taking the list as he put his jacket on. He then went off in search of his keys.

A.J. smiled back, spotting Ashlynn watching. "You wanna go to the store with Daddy, Ashlynn?"

Ashlynn nodded. "Please?" She said softly, remembering what you had to say in order to hopefully get what you wanted.

"Get your shoes, Kiddo," A.J. told her. "Krissy and I can hold down the fort."

Ashlynn grinned, as she hurried to put her shoes on. She giggled as A.J. helped her with her jacket.

Kevin returned then, looking at them oddly. "Where's she going?"

"With you," A.J. replied simply. "She wants to go and I said she could."

Kevin looked at the little eight-year-old's face, and knew he didn't have the heart to tell her no. She looked so excited to be going - even if it was just to the grocery store. Besides, he'd done her hair up with flowers earlier, so why not show them off?

"Alright," he sighed, as A.J. did her jacket up for her. "But best behaviour Ashlynn."

Ashlynn nodded quickly. She liked going places she never usually got to go before.

"Let's go, Goober," Kevin smiled, taking her hand in his. He led her outside and decided to take the corvette, so she could sit up front.

Ashlynn's eyes were wide as they got in the pretty car. She always got to peek in, but this was the first time she'd get to ride in it.

Kevin buckled her up, and made sure that if he stopped fast the seatbelt wouldn't choke her.

Ashlynn sat quietly and patiently, though she was extremely excited - mostly over the car ride.

Kevin kissed her head, then buckled himself in. "We don't usually take this car out - Krissy's still way too little to sit up front. You're a bit too little too - but just this once, we'll make an exception."

Ashlynn beamed as he started the car and they roared out of the driveway - at a decent speed of course - this was Kevin driving, and not A.J.

Kevin smiled and turned the stereo on, seeing Ashlynn's face light up when I Want It That Way came on. He turned it up a bit for her.

"There you go. Enjoy."

Ashlynn moved her head to the beat and lip synched, still not very willing to talk more than she had too.

Soon enough, they pulled into the A&P parking lot and got out. Kevin took hold of her hand and together they walked across the parking lot and into the building.

Ashlynn looked all around in awe - she'd never been inside a grocery store before, as nobody had ever let her go with them.

"Big, isn't it?" Kevin commented, getting a cart. "You want to ride in here? Or do you want to walk?"

Ashlynn grabbed hold of the side of the cart as her answer.

Kevin nodded. "Alright. If you get tired let me know, and you can ride in the cart, okay?"

Ashlynn nodded in response, and continued to look around in amazement.

Kevin chuckled and started wheeling the cart around, as Ashlynn walked along side of it.

"Don't let go of the cart, okay?" Kevin told her. "I don't want to lose you."

Ashlynn nodded again, her eyes taking in all the yummy looking foods. She pointed to the bologna.

"We need bologna?" Kevin asked, smiling as she nodded once more. "Alright. Bologna it is."

Ashlynn smiled as Daddy Kevin tossed the bologna into the cart.

They finished shopping in the first aisle and moved onward, finally reaching the cereal/poptart/oatmeal aisle - technically, the breakfast aisle.

Ashlynn spotted a cereal that looked good, and letting go of the cart, ran for it.

"Ashlynn!" Kevin called her. "Come back here, please."

Ashlynn pointed to the cereal box instead though.

"Ashlynn Richardson," Kevin said sternly.

Ashlynn teared up and walked back to the cart.

"Now, what did you do wrong?" Kevin asked gently.

Ashlynn quietly took hold of the cart once more.

"Thank-you," Kevin said. "Now, don't let go again, okay? Daddy really doesn't want to lose you in here. That can be really scary."

"Kay..." Ashlynn whispered.

Kevin placed some poptarts and dinosaur oatmeal into the cart, then strolled the cart down to the cereal she'd run for.

"Would you like the Scooby-Doo cereal, Ashlynn?" He asked, knowing he couldn't be too mad, as she was still learning.

"Please..." Ashlynn replied quietly.

Kevin smiled and stuck two boxes in. "In case Daddy A.J. decides he wants some too," he explained, making her smile.

Ashlynn giggled, then pointed to the Reese Puffs.

"Okay, these too. But that's it for the sugar cereal," Kevin verified. "Do you like Cheerios?"

"Uh-huh!" Ashlynn smiled. It was what she usually got as a treat when stuck in Foster Homes and the Orphanage. "Yummy!"

"They are good, aren't they?" Kevin agreed. "I like them lots too."

They went on shopping, without anymore problems, until they reached the spaghetti/soup aisle. Once more Ashlynn let go of the cart and ran for something - this time the Scooby-Doo alphaghetti.

"Ashlynn Lee!"

Ashlynn glanced over and noted Daddy Kevin's look. She sighed, grabbing a can and walking back.

Kevin took the can from her and set it in the cart. "Thank-you. But don't make me have to tell you again, Ashlynn."

"Sorry..." Ashlynn apologized softly.

Kevin nodded, then once at the alphaghetti, stuck a bunch more cans of the Scooby-Doo one in the cart.

Ashlynn stuck like glue to the cart and was being a little angel - until the cookie aisle. She'd never seen so many cookies before in her life! She gasped, letting go of the cart, to run up and down and across the aisle like crazy - thrilled beyond belief to find so many cookies all in one spot!

Kevin looked up from the box of granola bars he was looking at and frowned. "Ashlynn Richardson!"

Ashlynn froze and looked back at him nervously.

"Come here!" Kevin ordered, not too happy with her at the moment.

Ashlynn gulped and walked back to the cart - she hadn't meant to run off again. She just forgot.

Once she'd reached him, Kevin turned her around and gave her bottom a few sharp smacks.

Ashlynn yelped and began to cry softly.

Kevin crouched down to talk to her. "Ashlynn, when I tell you to do something, do it please. I'm trying to keep you safe, so you don't get lost or hurt. I'd be very sad if anything were to happen to you, Honey."

"I sorry..." Ashlynn whimpered softly, accepting the hug Daddy Kevin offered.

Kevin hugged her tight, rubbing her back. "Shh...You're forgiven."

Ashlynn buried her face into him, as he scooped her up.

Kevin continued shopping, pushing the cart and carrying Ashlynn. He knew how overly-sensitive she was when it came to spankings - even little ones like he'd just given her.

Finally, they were done, and were heading home when they passed an ice cream shop.

"Daddy!" Ashlynn piped up, pointing out the window to the ice cream place. "Ice cream!"

"Honey, we have to get home," Kevin told her. "We don't want the milk or anything to go bad."

Ashlynn looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Please?"

Kevin sighed, turning the car around after seeing a tear slip out. He knew he shouldn't give in - but once wouldn't hurt anything - would it?

A few minutes later, they were on the road again headed home - Ashlynn licking away at her small Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream cone.

Sittin' in the front seat ridin' down town An icecream cone I'd rap him around My little finger Tighter then my baby could You can make a tear go a long long way When you're daddy's little girl