- Text Size +
A.N.: Sorry I didn't update yesterday, but this chapter wasn't written yet - & last night was Hell. Well, Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Ashlynn & story idea. Shelley owns Krissy, Sam, & Littrell children. Kevin, A.J., & resto f BSB own themselves. Song is Daddy's Hands by Holly Dunn. Thank-you! Warning: Corporal punishment.
I remember daddy's hands folded silently in prayer and reaching out to hold me when I had a nightmare... I remember daddy's hands how they held my Daddy A.J. tight and patted my back for something done right

Ashlynn squirmed some in the Church pew. She was restless and anxious to go and play with Baylee. She began to play with Sammy quietly.

Kevin glanced over and noticed Ashlynn playing with Sammy, instead of listening. He'd allowed the Bear to come, as she usually only whispered to him occassionally, but right now she was distracting the other children in their pew.

"Ashlynn, are you paying attention?" He asked quietly.

Ashlynn looks up, giving him a sheepish look.

"Pay attention, please. You can play with Sammy later," Kevin told her.

Ashlynn nodded silently, and sat listening to the pastor for a little bit - but grew restless again. She leaned forward and glanced down Baylee's way, waving when he flashed her a smile.

Kevin took hold of Ashlynn's hand, when he saw her wave. "Ashlynn, sit still," he said firmly.

Ashlynn leaned back again, trying to pay attention like a good girl.

Kevin shook his head, knowing if this kept up Ashlynn was going to earn herself a spanking. And Church wasn't even half over yet.

Ashlynn began to swing her feet, kicking the back of the pew in front of her lightly. She was bored, though usually Church interested her - least, the pretty things inside it did anyway.

Kevin reached over, and stopped her legs from kicking. "Enough, Ashlynn!" He hissed.

Ashlynn pulled her legs back, tucking them under her seat. She didn't like to be scolded.

Kevin glanced over at his husband - A.J. - whom was looking their way to see what was going on.

A.J. rolled his eyes once he had Kevin's attention, and wriggled his fingers.

"Soon," Kevin mouthed back. He was giving their daughter the benefit of the doubt.

Krissy saw Daddy A.J. wriggle his fingers, and whimpered softly, thinking she was in trouble.

A.J. heard Krissy and kissed her head. "Shh...Not you, Honey..."

Krissy relaxed, once she was safely in Daddy A.J.'s lap. She always felt safe there.

Ashlynn picked up a Bible, and was flipping through it, trying to find pictures - she was still learning her letters and how to spell, so she couldn't read just yet.

Kevin was listening to the pastor, casting a glance at Ashlynn every so often. He didn't know why she was so squirmish today - she usually sat quite nicely in Church.

The was a loud, BANG! then as Ashlynn accidentally dropped the Bible to the floor. The whole congregation paused and turned to look - the pastor included.

Kevin and A.J. both looked embarrassed, as Kevin bent to pick the Bible up. Once it was back in its spot, he sat Ashlynn in his lap.

"If I have to tell you to behave again, you're going to be in big trouble, Young Lady," he whispered in her ear. "Last warning, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn squirmed some, trying to get comfortable.

Kevin held her tight. "Stop squirming," he ordered softly.

Ashlynn stopped, sitting still for a bit - but, it didn't last long.

When Ashlynn began to squirm again, Kevin had had enough. He stood up, still holding her tight to him, exited the aisle, and took her outside.

Ashlynn had begun to cry softly, soon as Daddy Kevin had stood up. She knew she was in trouble now, and she hadn't mean to be so restless.

Kevin reached the van and slid open the sliding door, setting Ashlynn down upon the middle bench seat.

"Ashlynn, what's wrong?" He asked, wondering if maybe she just wanted his attention for something.

Ashlynn shrugged. Nothing was wrong - she was just anxious to play with Baylee.

"Well, in that case, you've been very naughty this morning, Ashlynn," Kevin stated. "And I'd like to know why."

"Play Baylee," Ashlynn answered softly, sniffling a little bit.

"Church is not a place to play, and you know that," Kevin reminded her.

Ashlynn pointed to the Church yard, where the playground was.

Kevin nodded. "Well, I understand you're anxious to play with Baylee, but disrupting the sermon like that is unacceptable."

Ashlynn lower lip trembled. "I sorry...."

Kevin shook his head. "You were warned plenty, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn began to cry all over again, when Daddy Kevin lifted her out of the van, and set her feet upon the ground.

Kevin sat down on the floor of the van - what little space there was in the sliding doorway. "Ashlynn, why are you going to be spanked?"

Ashlynn squirmed, trying to get away - but Daddy Kevin had a good grip on her hand.

"Ashlynn Lee, answer me please," Kevin said firmly.

"No playin' in Church..." Ashlynn whimpered. "Gots to listen..."

"And were you listening?"

Ashlynn shook her head no, as she hadn't been at all.

Kevin sighed, shaking his head a bit. He moved her closer, lifted her up, and lay her over his lap. He then raised the skirt of her dress, and lowered her panties.

Ashlynn's eyes were wide, as she realized she was going to be spanked right there in the parking lot!

"From now on, you'll sit nicely in Church and pay attention," Kevin stated, bringing down the first smack to her upturned bottom.

Ashlynn yelped, beginning to cry more than she already was.

Kevin peppered her bottom with good, hard, spanks. She needed to learn that behaving the way she had in Church was unacceptable - no matter what the circumstances may be.

Ashlynn squirmed and kicked and cried, as her little rump was roasted thoroughly.

When Kevin figured she'd had enough, he gave her two last swats to her upper thighs, then rubbed her back soothingly.

"Shh..." He soothed, sitting her up gently, after having had carefully pulled her panties back up.

Ashlynn sobbed into Daddy Kevin's chest, her bottom now sore.

Kevin rocked her a bit, singing softly. "Don't make me have to do that again today, Ashlynn," he said sternly. "Or you won't get to play with Baylee at all and will be grounded all weekend."

Ashlynn nodded slightly, whimpering and hiccuping some.

Once Ashlynn had calmed down, Kevin wiped her face with a kleenex, then stood up with her in his arms.

"Ready to go back inside?" He asked.

Ashlynn buried her face into his neck, not wanting to go back inside, but knowing they were going to anyway.

Kevin kissed her head, and closed the van's sliding door. "Behave, Ashlynn."

Everyone kind of glanced, when Kevin returned with Ashlynn in his arms. He said nothing, as he quietly took his seat next to his husband and littlest daughter.

A.J. silently reached over and gave Kevin's hand a brief squeeze.

Kevin gave his husband a grateful smile, holding his hand and keeping her other arm wrapped around Ashlynn's waist.

Ashlynn still squirmed some as she sat there, only now she had reason to do so.

Finally, Church was over and the girls were allowed to go play in the Church yard with the Littrell children.

"C'mon Jamie!" Krissy cried excitedly, the two of them running for the swings.

Kevin set Ashlynn down upon her feet, once outside. "Go play, Honey," he smiled. "And remember, let Baylee tell you the rules."

Ashlynn nodded wistfully, and quietly took hold of Baylee's hand - the two of them walking to the Church yard.

"Uncle Kevin licked yah, huh?" Baylee asked softly.

Ashlynn nodded, tearing up again slightly.

Baylee kissed her cheek. "Don't cry, Ashlynn."

Ashlynn blushed shyly, though it was usually her kissing Baylee.

The two of them played for a while, while the adults stood just outside the yard talking. A little time later, a scream was heard, causing everybody to turn and look.

Krissy had clibmed atop the monkey bars, and was about to fall off - she was dangling by one leg. Her and Jamie had been playing monkey bar tag, and she'd slipped.

Ashlynn shot off like a dart, running for the moneky bars quick as she could. And despite her sore bottom, quickly got herself up atop them, and hurried towards her sister.

"Ashlynn!!! Help!!!" Krissy cried, terribly frightened - she could hang by two legs, but not one - and she was slipping.

Ashlynn gulped, then hung herself upside down, grabbing Krissy's hands. She held tight, not knowing what else to do.

Baylee had followed Ashlynn up and leaned down to grab Krissy up, as the parents all came running.

Ashlynn pushed Krissy up from her difficult position, and together they managed to get Krissy back up top.

Krissy sat up there crying, as Ashlynn swung herself back up and hugged her tight.

Ashlynn didn't say a word, as she hugged her little sister close. She was glad her and Baylee had gotten there in time.

Kevin, Brian, A.J., and Sam all reached them at the same time - all having had seen the rescue.

A.J. reached up for Krissy, who cautiously fell down into his arms.

"Shh..." A.J. soothed, rocking her.

Kevin reached up for the other two, helping Baylee down first.

Brian took Baylee from Kevin and kissed his head - very proud of his son at the moment.

Ashlynn quietly swung herself down into Daddy Kevin's arms, and accepted the hug and pat on the back he gave.

"That was very good of you, Ashlynn," Kevin praised, hugging her tight and kissing her face all over.

Ashlynn squealed, giggling like crazy. "Daddy! Tickles!"

Kevin laughed, hugging her tight.

Krissy reached over to tug on Ashlynn then, who looked over. "Thank-you, Ashlynn," she whimpered.

Ashlynn smiled and gave her sister another hug. She'd only wanted to help.

"Well, guess it's time we head home, huh cous'?" Brian smirked.

Kevin nodded. "Yeah. Might be safer at home," he joked slightly.

Sam came back over then, with little Grace in her arms, and Ben - Jamie's twin - at her side. "Whose house?" She asked.

"Ours?" A.J. checked, as Kevin nodded. "Yep. Barbecue's at ours."

They all headed for the vans then, the children yapping excitdly once more.

Once they reached the car, Kevin kissed Ashlynn's head again. "Thank-you for saving Krissy."

Ashlynn smiled. "She my sister, Daddy..."

Kevin chuckled. "Yes, I know that, Baby."

Ashlynn giggled herself, and watched as he grabbed a pillow from the trunk and set it upon her seat.

"I think you've earned this," Kevin winked.

"Thank-you," Ashlynn said softly, as he sat her down and buckled her up.

"You're welcome, Honey," Kevin answered softly, closing the door and getting in the driver's seat.

Once everyone was settled and ready to go, both families headed for the Richardson house - for the Sunday barbecue that had been planned during the week. The children in each van, giggling and singing along to the radio.

Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong Daddy's hands weren't always gentle but I've come to understand there was always love in daddy's hands