- Text Size +
Cassandra walked into her studio apartment after a long hard day at the dance studio. She set her keys down on the nearest table and then plopped down on the couch and sighed.


“What a long day,” she yawned and shortly she was joined by her black and white cat named Gidgit,” How’s my baby doing?” she said to her cat as she purred. Cassandra soon reached over the arm of her couch and pushed the button to check her messages for the day..


You have one new message….


Hi honey is me Toby can you come over? We need to talk…love you


“ Talk? I don’t think this is a good sign Gidgit” Cassandra got up from the couch grabbed her car keys and drove over to Toby’s house, not knowing what the fuss was all about. As she approached the house she saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway, but as she got closer she remember Toby had just bought a new car. She parked her car next to his and got out. Cassandra pulled out her set of keys from her purse and unlocked the door. As Cassandra walked in she heard classical music playing from the living room and the candle’s had been lit.


“Toby honey where are you? Why is the music on and why are the candles lit? You said we needed to talk…where are you?”


“Chill I am right here my lady,” he said giving her a hug and a kiss.


“What is going on? Did you plan this whole thing out mister?” Toby gave her a smirk,” You stinker…okay come on tell me what is really going on…you know I hate surprises,” she pouted.


“Nope sorry no can do…you just have to wait and see,” Toby soon put a blindfold over Cassandra’s eyes and then took a hold of her hand and guided her to the kitchen where Toby had prepared her favorite dinner- lobster with scallop potatoes and a biscuit. He even went the extra mile and bought her two dozen white roses- another one of her favorites. Toby pulled out the chair and he sat her down.


“Toby can you take this thing off me? I want to know what in the world is going on…come on this isn’t funny anymore,” she whined.


“It’s okay honey I am taking it off now,” When Toby untied the blindfold Cassandra saw the wonderful dinner sitting before her.


“You did all of this for me?” Toby nodded his head, “ But I thought you said we needed to talk?”


“We do need to talk Cass…but believe me it’s nothing bad at all. It’s a good thing, a very good thing. But just hear me out. Ever since we met back in college when I was playing soccer and you were just a student trying to get by there was just something there that I could have never imagined… and now we have been together for almost four years now. And we are practically married…so I thought to myself why not make it official? Cassandra will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?” Cassandra was shocked she didn’t know what to say nor what to think.


“Yes Toby I will marry you but you have to promise me you will be faithful or else I’m gone,” she said.


“Deal…” Toby slipped the ring onto Cassandra’s finger and gave her a kiss. Cassandra knew this was the best thing to do…he promised once again he would be faithful, but only time will tell if he lives up to that promise.