- Text Size +
A couple of weeks pass by and Cassandra and Toby are still going strong. But Cassandra has a trust issue with him. They can’t seem to agree on anything. It’s turned into a love and hate relationship at points. Some days she wonders why she even puts up with it. But its love, or so she thinks.

Cassandra walked into her apartment from doing a little Christmas shopping. But as she walked in she heard some Christmas music, ‘Only Gift’ by *NSYNC to be exact. She walked over to the stereo and turned it down.

“Toby…where are you? I am home hello?!?” Cassandra hollered through out the apartment, “Toby this isn’t funny where are you?” Cassandra walked out to the deck and looked over the balcony,” Not here either. I swear sometimes that man drives me crazy!” Cassandra shook her head and then decided to go out to her car and get the Christmas gifts. As she walked out the door she saw Toby coming out of their neighbors apartment,” Toby! What in the hell do you think you are doing?” He turned around and saw his worst nightmare.

“Nothing sweetheart. Erin just asked me to come over to fix her leaky faucet I swear!”

“Please Toby that is the oldest trick in the book. I told you not to fuck around or else this was over!” Cassandra yelled.

“Cas you have to believe me. I am telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth”

“I am not buying it Toby. I thought you actually meant it when you said you were going to stop fooling around. But I guess I was wrong. I told you I was going to leave. Gidgit and I are leaving Toby. We probably will come back for our stuff tomorrow” Cassandra walked back into the apartment and Toby followed.

“Cassandra please we can work this out”

“No we cant! You have done this to me so many times I cannot even count anymore. Gidgit get in your kennel…. there is nothing more to talk about. I am leaving and there is nothing you can say nor do that will change my mind. Now if you don’t mind Gidgit and I are leaving now” Cassandra gathered a few clothes and Gidgit’s kennel and they were out the door. Cassandra knew she was doing the right thing. She knew where she could go if she needed to stay for a while- he friend Jamie.

Toby watched Cassandra drive off. He had let her slip away once more. He knew nothing was going to change her mind. And to make matters worse he even was telling the truth. And now she was gone forever and it was all his fault.