- Text Size +
It had been weeks since Cassandra even set foot bavk in that apartment. She couldn’t handle the pressure. She was staying at her friends house for the time being until she had the guts to go back to her own home.


“Cass…you need to get out…you’ve been cooped up in my house for two weeks now. Get over Toby girl. He aint worth your time. I wish you would just understand that,” her friend Marty resasoned.


“I know, I know Mar…I am trying the best that I can alright?”


“You need to try harder girlie. You know what I am gathering up the girls tonight and we are going to party at this new club called Tabu…I hear it’s the shit”


“Mar..” she whined.


“No whining Cassandra. You are going!” She exclaimed,”You aren’t getting out of this one either”


“Fine…” she really didn’t want to go tonight. She wanted to do the same thing as always. Shit and watch re runs of Gilmore Girls while eating bon-bons. How exciting…not really. She knew that. She just couldn’t get him outher her head.


----------------


Later on at the club Cassandra still hates the fact that she is even there.


“Cheer up Cass you are supposed to be having fun…not sit on your ass!!”


“Hey now I told you I didn’t even want to be here Marty…I hate clubs well when I was…”


“Don’t even say his name. No wonder why you aren’t having any fun…you are thinking of him” she reasoned yet once more,” Come on lets go and get some more drinks and then we’ll go and dance with some guys”


“Yeah, sure whatever” she rolled her eyes. She and Marty shifted through the crowds of people and she catches a glimpse of a guy at the bar. He had brown short hair and quite muscualr body from what she could tell anyway. She was liking the latino look. She had always loved latino men but never acted upon it. He smiled and she smiled back.


“What would you like to drink?”


“Um I think sex on the beach is a good one tonight…I havent had that forever” Cassandra replied.


“That’s a good one…my name is Howie by the way” he winked. Cassandra blushed.


“Hey Cass I am going to go back with the girls. I’ll catch you later” Marty said as she left.
“What a brat. I knew she was going to do this to me”


“Well I guess it’s a good thing. Would you like to dance?” he asked. She nodded and he came out from behind the var and took her hand and took her out to the dance floor. They started to grind to the musice of Usher.


“You know you never told me your name”


“Oh I’m sorry is Cassandra”


“Well that’s better” he winked again. For some reason or another it made her giggle like a little school girl. He soon leaned in and gave her a soft kiss on the lips…they were so soft. She didn’t want to stop but something was wrong her phone was viberating. Marty texted her telling her to meet them outside.


“I am sorry Howie but I have to go maybe I’ll see you around?”


“Yeah maybe” and with that Cassandra was gone. She went outside and saw her friends giggling and laughing .


“What’s so funny?”


“You and Mr. Latino I saw that kiss. Girlie welcome to freedom once again” Marty gave Cassandra a high five. In a way she was proud of herself but also felt quilty in a way. But she knows it is now the time to move on.