- Text Size +
Sunday rolled around and Cassandra was getting ready to go to church with Marty since she always goes every Sunday. Cassandra put on her black and pink pink striped pants and a matching pink button down long sleeved shirt and black boots.


“You know Mar I cant believe you have me going to church! I never went to church unil I started living with you” she laughed.


“Well then go home”


“No…maybe I’ll just stay your permanment roommate? I’ll move out and move in here”


“Cass? Are you feeling okay? You love that apartment! You’ve lived there for so long. Are you sure you want to give that up and move in with m? I cant let you” Marty said and Cassandra sighed.


“Fine…I guess I should look into going back there. I am kind of missing my old apartment”


“I’ll be glad to help you move back in”


“Gee thanks Mar that makes me feel like you never wanted me here in the first place”


“I did…and I still do…its just that I guess I would like to have my apartment back”


“Okay….how about after church…I’ll move my stuff back sound good?”


“Sounds good to me too” Cassandra and Marty finished getting ready and headed off to the church.


-------------------------------------------


After the servic was over Cassandra walked over to the cookie table and picked up 2 chocolate mint girl scout cookies and a cup of orange juice.


“You know I like those too” Cassandra looked up and saw those amazing brown eyes again.


“Howie right?”


“Yeah….I was beginning to think I was never going to see you again” Cassandra giggled.


“Yeah…sorry about that. My friends wanted to get me out of there I guess. They never told me why. I think they were just a littl jealous.”


“Yeah…hey do you want to go have some coffee or something?” he askd.


“Sorry Howie I would love to, but I can’t. I am moving back into my apartment today. But maybe later or something?” she suggested.


“Or I could just help you move? I have a pick up truck so I guess what I am trying to say is can I help you?”


“Sure…I could use all the help I can get. Here swing by here in an hour and we can start loading up your truck” she said writing down Marty’s address and handing it to Howie.


“Thanks I’ll be there” Cassandra walked over to Marty.


“Hey lets go back to the apartment and start packing things up”


“Okay”


“By the way my little ’latin lover’ is on the way over. You didn’t tell me he went to this church.”


“Either did I. Oh girl….you are moving on”


“Not just yet Marty don’t get all excited.”


-------------------------------


In an hour just as promised Howie was over and packing his truck up with Cassandra’s things.


“I am glad you are helping me Howie. I don’t think we could have moved all of this stuff into Marty’s car” she laughed.


“I am gla you let me come over and help you” Howie leaned in and kissed Cassandra on the cheek.


”Am I really falling for this guy? This cant be happening. I am not supposed to move on so quickly. Can I really do this?” She thought to herself. They all drove over to her apartment and started moving her things into the apartment. Howie walked in and saw the beautiful paintings and colors that splashed the walls. He saw the pictures that surrounded her coffee table and entertainment center. He walked over to them and started to nose through them. He saw the tall blonde haired, green eyesd man in all the pictures.

”I wonder who he is? I wonder if thy are still together?” He noticed throughout the pictures she went from very happy to just forcing herself to even smile. Cassandra walked in with some boxes and saw Howi looking at the pictures. She set the boxes down and walked over to him,” Who is he? You look so happy here but then it looks like you are forcing yourself just to keep smile on your face”


“That is Toby…my ex fiance. We were together for four years. He had made so many promises to me and I couldn’t handle it anymore when he broke them all. So that’s when I moved to Marty’s with Gidget.” She explained as she went back and picked up the boxed and moved them into her bedroom. He soon realized that she must have been deeply hurt. And just like any other woman he had encounterd she was going to be hurt and not want any type of a relationship. But he knew somehow and some way he would get to her heart and make her his forever.