- Text Size +
The wedding was just a few days before. Everyone eventually caught up to the romance that Howie and Cassandra had only for a few weeks before they made the big decision. But no one seemed to care.


Cassandra had gone into the doctor’s for a regular check up but also started to notice different things about herself….her clothes haven’t been fitting very well her appetite has drastically increased and she is sick quite often. She couldn’t figure out why this was.


”Mrs. Dorough”


”Yes that’s me”


”Well we did a pregnancy test on you cause you said you had all of those symptoms and it came up positive. “Cassandra didn’t know what to think a baby already? But she was just starting to get back to work.


”Wow, I wasn’t expecting this how far along am I?”


“We aren’t quite sure….you’ll have to go set up an appointment with an OBGYN and I will give you a referral to one around here”


”Ok thank you so much. I appreciate you solving my little mystery. Howie is going to be so excited” Cassandra said and got up and walked out of the doctor’s office…she was going to have a baby.


-----------------------


Cassandra drove to Howie’s work to deliver the good news. When she drove up Howie was heading out to his car to go home for lunch.


”Hop in honey I am taking you out today” Howie got in the car and they drove off.


”You seem to be in a chipper mood already today. What’s going on?”


”You’ll see soon honey I promise” Cassandra parked the car at the nearest Burger King to grab a bite to eat so Howie could get back to work. Cassandra turned to Howie,” You know how I have been complaining about everything lately?”


”Yeah why?”


”Well I went to the doctor’s office today just for my normal check up and I came back with a positive pregnancy test. We’re going to be parents” Cassandra watched Howie’s face burst into excitement.


”A baby? I cant believe this. This awesome…cause for a celebration tonight my dear. I am going to be a daddy?”


”Yes Howie” Cassandra knew Howie was going to be excited. She was excited herself…a new beginning for a new family.