- Text Size +

Did I mention how much my head hurt?

After the fifteen minutes of listening Louis J. Pearlman complain how much money I was costing made me actually feel homesick for my mother. Don't get me wrong, my ma can be a pretty neat person but sometimes she could be just a little bit overbearing at times. Jane Carter has always been the Webster's Dictonary definition of stage mom. Growing up she would take me from city to city from one talent agent to the next always saying that I would be the one in the family that would make life easy for everyone in it.

Lots of pressure on a seventeen year old's shoulders don't ya think?

Okay.......my head really hurts.

"C-can I go back to my room now?" I squeeked out.

Okay....way to sound pathetic, Carter.

"C'mon Kaos, I've got Steve lets go back to the hotel," AJ rasped as he motioned for me to get off the couch.

Not my first choice in having take me back to my room. I would have felt better with Kevin.....he would take better care of me.

"Jay....leave Nick alone. I don't think it would be a very good idea for you to be with him tonight."

Ah....thank God for Kevin Richardson.

"Yeah, he's going to need constant attention for the next twenty-four hours," Howie added.

Whoa....constant attention? What the heck is D talking about?

"What do you mean?"

"Yes and I doubt Bone would be responsible," Kevin added.

Didn't I just ask a question here? Am I invisible now?

"Kev....I think I can manage."

Okay good, he heard me but jeeze now that made my ears ring. Shit....now Kevin is looking at me funny.

"Nick.....shhh, you need to take it easy and not yell."

No shit Sherlock, I just figured that one out.

"Okay I think it would be better if we each took shifts with Nick since he will have to be woken up every hour."

What the heck is Kevin talking about?

"Seriously Kev, I'm okay.....I just got sick thats all."

"Nick, you have a concussion, thats a serious head injury," Howie said in a serious voice.

"Yeah Kaos, you could have more brain damage than what you started with on this tour," AJ added with a cheeky grin.

"Not funny Bone," Brian said as he hit AJ on the back of the head.

Thank you Brian!

"Our Aunt Vivian had a concussion and she went to sleep and she had trouble with her memory after that for the rest of her life, remember that Kevin?"

Crap! What is he talking about? I only fell and then I threw up! I'm seventeen....I bet she was some eighty year old fossil.

"I doubt that will happen to Nick but at any rate, we do have to wake him up and make sure he is doing okay," Kevin said. "C'mon, we can all head back to the hotel together and sort out shifts when we get back."

Okay now I offically feel like a Fed Ex package.

Did I mention that my head hurts?

********

"Nicky.....can you wake up for me?"

I could hear Brian's voice but it was really hard for me to open my eyes. Why would he want me to wake up anyway? Why is he in my bedroom?

"Nick, c'mon you need to open your eyes for me."

God he can be so damn persistent!

"Lemme alone!"

"That's it Nick, just open your eyes so I can look at them."

Open my eyes so he can look at them?!? Okay now Brian is sounding really gay.

I couldn't help but smile at that thought. Maybe he really is and all those girls he had were just a cover.

"NICK!"

Okay either Brian can read my mind or I really pissed him off somehow cause that yelling got my attention pretty quick.

"Stop yelling," I cried. "My head hurts."

"Sorry about yelling but you had me scared for a sec.....so how are you feeling?"

I blinked for a few moments, staring at my best friend. "You woke me up to ask me that?"

"You had a concussion, remember?"

Grabbing the pillow next to me, I groaned and rolled over. Okay, not a good move since that seemed to make my head spin.

"What's wrong Nick? Are you okay?"

"I feel dizzy," I admitted into the pillow.

"Do you want me to get you something?"

"Just leave me alone...I'm okay."

"I'm gonna call Kevin."

Why does Brian always make a federal case out of every little thing I do lately?

"I said I was okay."

I heard Brian walk across the room. He sighed really loud and then he walked back toward the bed.

"You say you're okay but from my many years of living with Nick Carter, okay means not okay and that has me a little worried right now."

I pushed the pillow away from my face.

"What are you talking about?"

"Nick I know you hate doctors and stuff and when you're really sick I always know because you act like there's nothing wrong with you. I just know better, I guess."

"I do not!"

"Do too."

"Do not!"

"Listen, I'm not going to sit here and have a childish arguement with you. I'm calling Kevin."

I flipped the blankets off my body and decided I would get up and go to the bathroom since Brian was being a pussy and calling his cousin. Maybe him seeing me get up would make him realize that I'm not sick like I've been telling him for about a million times.

Then it happened! My stomach announced that I was going to throw up and BOOM I hurled in an Olympic style flame - you know how it dies down and then shoots up real high?

"Holy shit!"

I didn't even have time to catch my breath or beg my best friend to not go postal and call his cousin, I just kept throwing up and it didn't look like I was ever going to stop. The next thing I knew, Brian was running toward the door like a wildman. When I finally stopped puking my guts out, I saw Kevin and for some reason, I started bawling my eyes out over the mess I made of myself, the carpet, the sheets, the wallpaper......oh hell just about everything.

"C'mon little man, lets get you into the bathroom and get you cleaned up....Brian call housekeeping for me, okay?"

"I'll go to Howie's room and call from there."

I should have felt really bad about making Brian leave like that, but to be quite honest with you, I was glad Kevin was here. At least he doesn't get mad at me when I throw up.