- Text Size +
I set out on a narrow way
Many years ago
Hoping I would find true love
Along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
I just whipped my brow
And kept pushing through
I couldn’t see how every sign
Pointed straight to you


I walked out of my apartment in up state New York. I had just worked a long day and I was tired and hungry but I didn’t feel like really making anything. After all I am a bachelor yet once again. You see I have been married twice now my first wife I thought I was in love she my high school sweetheart and everything was going to be ok. But that ended in disaster after our son, Michael, was born…she felt like I was always cheating and what not, that at which I never did. Now I am lucky is I get to see him for Christmas all I am asking is once a year, but I guess that is even too much to ask these days. Then a year later I was married to my second wife. Again, I thought this would end up all happy, boy was I wrong again! I didn’t exactly know what I was getting myself into at the time. It turned out she was a 17 year old she told me she was 24. Big mistake there so now I am 32 been divorced two times what a wonderful like for me huh?


I have been out dating around but you know what’s the point? None and I mean none of my dates ever go well. They all are so boring or maybe I am just a boring person? I could even be getting old. I hate that word o-l-d who came up with that word anyway? But the dating world just sucks for me. But I always seem to find a way to go back out there and do it all again.


I walked into the corner Starbucks my best friend Leah just happened to be working. She always gave me the discount when she isn’t supposed too…. I feel special.


”Hey there Kev how you doin today?”


”Could be better. But I am tired”


”I sorry”


”Not your fault you know” Leah started playing around with her hair was she starting to flirt with me? I can’t tell anymore.


”Yeah, I know.” She smiled,” So are you going to have your usual today or something stronger?” she asked.


”My usual please. I am not that tired thank you”


”You sure? Cause you just sounded like don’t bother me I had a sucky ass day at work.”


”Don’t I always have a shitty day at work?”


”True”


”hey what time do you get off work? Maybe we can go and get a bite to eat or something?” she raised her eyebrow and then looked at the clock then looked back at me.


”I am off in like 30 minutes if you want to stick around”


”Why not? Like I have anything else better to day today” she just grinned. But if I didn’t know better myself I’d say I was just flirting with my best friend was I not? This is still going to take some time to get used to again. But my best friend? I don’t know about this.