- Text Size +
I think about the years I spent
Just passing through
I’d like to have the time I’d lost
And give it back to you
But you just smile
Take my hand
You’ve been there you understand
It’s all part of a grander plan
That is coming true


And every long lost dream
Led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart
They were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way
Into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God bless the broken road
That led me straight to you


A few weeks passed and Leah and I have been closer than we have ever been before. Its really weird or I guess to me it is anyway.


Some days I just sit back and think about all the years I spent just passing through life and all the mistakes I have made throughout my life. Neither of my ex-wives compare to Leah why didn’t I just go for her in the first place instead of taking myself down the long torture train of getting married? I guess it was my way of a blonde moment.


I went out for my daily Starbucks run when I saw Leah. She looked amazing as usual serving her customers.


”Hey what time are you off?”


”In like 5 minutes why? Are you taking me out again?”


”No, not at all what gave you that impression?” I smiled. She smiled back.


”You are such a flirt Mr. Richardson but I love you anyway”


”Well, I am glad cause I love you too”


I got my Americano with three extra shots and I sat down this has to be the longest five minutes of my entire life. But where was I going to take her this time? Maybe a walk a long the beach under the moonlight? That’s it!


“Okay Kevin I am off. Now where are you taking me tonight? If I didn’t know better I’d say you like me?” she smiled.


”No, we haven’t hung out like this in a really long time” she just nodded her head. I think she was hoping for a yes. We got into the car and drove down to the docks.


”Kevin are you trying to be Mr. Romantic tonight?”


”No, not at all”


”Stop be sarcastic and just tell me the truth”


”Fine , yes I am trying…is it working?”


”You’ll just have to find out” I parked the car and we both got out of the car and started to walk a long the beach,” This is nice Kevin didn’t you use to do this all the time with what’s- her- name?”


”Yeah, we used to all the time” I looked at her and she smiled and she took my hand she understands where I am coming from,” By the way I am trying to be romantic and I do like you…a lot. I just hope you feel the same way”


“Me too Kevin…you are my best friend I couldn’t ask for more” she reached around and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I think I am going in the right direction this time.