- Text Size +
Now I am just rolling home
Into my lovers arms
This much I know is true
That God bless the broken road
That led me straight to you


I pulled into the driveway of my apartment. I was looking forward to today cause I was about to do something out of the ordinary or so I think anyway. I walked up into the apartment and saw Leah in the kitchen.


”Honey I’m home” I set my bag on the floor and went into the kitchen.”Mmm something smells good. What are you cooking for dinner tonight?”


”Well I thought I would cook some steak, fries, and have a nice romantic dinner”


”That sounds really good I cant wait to eat it. And its also my favorite how’d you know?”


”A little birdie told me of course” she smiled and kissed me. I still thank God every day for having Leah in my life. I couldn’t imagine without her in it.


”Smartass”


”I know, but I am loved anyway though right?”


”Of course my dear.”


Dinner was just a few minutes later…this is where my plan is starting.


”Leah you know I love you right?”


”Yeah why…are you breaking up with me?”


”No, never I love you too much to do that. But this is even better. After all I have been there for you and you have been there for me. I couldn’t go on without you. I would be so lost. I guess what I am trying to say is will you marry me?” she looked at me weird but then I pulled out the ring from my pocket.


”Kevin…I will!” I slipped the ring on her finger. I blame my relationships before for making me who I am now. But in all my lost dreams it has finally led me to where I want to be. But I am just glad I have her now. Thank you where ever you are.


Song credit to "Bless The Broken Road" By Rascal Flatts Album: Feels Like Today