- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
here is another chapter please enjoy

Kaylee decided to take the twins out shopping with her since it was the nannies day off.  This was her first attempt to take out the twins since they had been home from the hospital which was just a little over three weeks ago now, and her maternal instincts have sure kicked in.

 

“Babe are you sure you want to take them out? I mean I can always take one with me to the studio.” Nick asked as he was coming out of the bathroom.

“No, I think I will be ok I mean I am going to have to get used to it anyway. You aren’t always going to be home when I have to go to the store for something you know. This will be a challenge but I think I can handle it, you just go to the studio and we will see you later maybe we will even stop by later will that be ok?”

“Of course, maybe we should have everyone over for dinner? Nothing fancy or anything so what do you think? Everyone wants to see the twins since we never really take them out anywhere to begin with.”

“Sounds like a good idea actually…bring it up to the guys and see what they think and maybe we can do it this weekend?”

“Ok, I will remind myself to do that.”  Nick gently kissed Kaylee and walked out into the living room,” Oh, yeah is the nanny coming tonight? Remember it’s our date night?” Kaylee had completely forgotten to call the nanny or a baby sitter for that,” You did remember didn’t you?” Kaylee shook her head no,” I kind of thought that so when I called the nanny she was unfortunately she was busy, but no worries I called Brian and Leighanne and they will be here around 7ish to come and get them or stay here I am not sure Brian didn’t really day exactly.”

“Nick, you always save the day! I am lucky if I can even remember to put underwear on in the morning.”

“Oh really? Are you wearing any now?” Kaylee checks

“Yeah, sorry there isn’t any time for a quickie anyway you have to be at the studio, which you are going to be late for if you can’t hurry….you know how Kevin is when you are late Nick.”

“Shit! I have like 10 minutes to get there too hopefully there isn’t any traffic! I will see all of you later I love you all” Nick quickly kissed Ethan and Emily on the forehead and grabbed his keys and went out the door.

“Well little guys let mama get the diaper bag ready and we should be good to go.” Kaylee rushed around the house to get the diapers, wipes , and the bottles of breast milk and put them into the diaper bag and finished getting the twins into the car.

When getting to the studio Nick was late as usual about 15 minutes to be exact. Nick locked up the car and went into the studio.

“You’re late Nick as usual” Kevin said.

“Sorry baby trouble. Kaylee is going out with the twins for the first time all by herself this morning so I was helping her get them ready.”

“Yeah, excuses,” AJ smirked,” You know there was a quickie this morning.” Nick just rolled his eyes.

“I wanted all of you to come here today because I have something very important we need to discuss and this concerns each and every one of you guys. This is probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but I think it’s finally time. “

“Time for what?” Nick interrupted.

“Would you just let me finish? Anyway, as I was saying its time for me to leave, I have been going over this for quite some time now and every day that goes by it just makes more sense. Kristen and I want to start a family together and its just so hard with traveling and having a family at the same time, yes I know you did it Brian but it was really hard on you and Leighanne and I saw that and I don’t want that happening to me. There were some really rough patches in your relationship there for a while and I saw that pain that you went through I promised myself I would never do that to my relationship with Kristen. I just want you all to know I love you guys and I will deeply miss you guys very much, but I think it is just time.” Kevin sighed feeling good that he had finally said what he has wanted to say for a while now.

“It just isn’t going to be the same without you man.” AJ said.

“No kidding….do you realize how many fans are going to be crushed? I can only imagine.”

“Yes, I do realize that a lot things will be different and it will be hard to get used to at first, but just think of it this way as reinventing yourselves without me. I want you guys to be able to learn and grow without me because you guys had to have known I wasn’t always going to be around and you all know Kristen and I wanted a family so it was only a matter of time.” Kevin said.

“Yes..I think we all knew it, but we were just in denial” Brian stated.

“I agree…complete denial. So where does that leave us now? Do we still continue or go separate ways what? Cause to be honest I am kind of confused!”

“Awe, poor little Nicky confused? What’s new? I think we stay together and learn and grow just like Kevin said we can reinvent ourselves and make a complete different sound even though Kevin may not be here singing with us he will still be with us at heart so we are just going to have to look at this as a good thing.” Howie said.

“D, is right you know. I am unfortunately late for a lunch with Kristen but please sit down and think about what you guys want to do just because I am not physically here doesn’t mean I will not be around to give you a lecture,” Kevin chuckled.

“Wait! Before you leave Kevin Kaylee and I wanted to invite you all over for a dinner this weekend if everyone is free? “ Nick suggested.

“You know that sounds perfect we all will be there,” Kevin said.

“See he has left the group and he still makes all the decisions.” AJ laughed. Kevin got up and left,” It’s going to be so weird without him around. Seriously what are we going to do?”

“Just like Kevin said.”

…….

After struggling to find a way to put the twins into the cart Kaylee was on her way grocery shopping.   She was coming up onto the cereal isle when she saw the one person she never thought she would ever see again Justin-the ex. Kaylee was hoping she would be able to go past him without him knowing but her cart accidently hit his.

“I am so sorry miss I didn’t mean too…..Kaylee? is that you?”

“Justin? Oh I didn’t know you were here in this state? “

“Yes, I am I have lived here for awhile I see you had the babies…I didn’t know you were having twins. Why didn’t you call me and  tell me you had them?”

“I didn’t think it was any of your business seeing how you practically dumped me when I found out I was having a baby so I didn’t feel that it was necessary and besides I don’t think the kids deserve to know who their father is.”

“But I have rights you know,”

“Yeah whatever Justin you will skip out on them just like what you did to me when I first found out. I don’t need you and nor do I want you I have someone who loves me and the kids more than you will ever know so please don’t bother me!” Kaylee said as she took the shopping cart into the other direction away from Justin. She couldn’t believe that she even ran into him at the supermarket of all places. All she wanted to do was to pay for the food she had bought and get out of there. She knew she had to tell Nick about today, but she wasn’t sure how smooth it would go over with him she just hoped Justin wasn’t going to try and take them away from her.

Chapter End Notes:
please dont forget to review!!! I love getting comments :)