- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I think the story is just starting to take shape. I haven't decided exactly what I want to have happen, but it's coming I promise. I think I am going to throw a twist in there somewhere, but you'll just have to keep reading to find out what it is ;) And thanks again for all the reviews!
Later on in the week Kaylee and Nick have grown closer together. Everyone has noticed Nick has acted completely different since Kaylee has been on the tour. The other guys are amazed that Nick is ready for such a huge jump in life, and this was especially coming from Kevin. He invited Kaylee to have lunch with him so they could talk, which means more than likely a lecture was bound to happen.


Kaylee met Kevin at a little restaurant down the street from their hotel they were staying at.


”Hey Kev” she hugged him.


”Hey! I am glad you could make it,” he smiled,” I know you are probably wondering why I asked you here.”


”Yeah, I guess I was a little confused, but it’s all good as long as I don’t miss my shopping spree for clothes with Leighanne” she laughed. Kevin just slightly smiled,” Is something bothering you Kev?” she asked.


”Well I brought you here because well I don’t me to sound rude or anything, but what is exactly going on with you and Nickolas? He is like a completely different man. He just meets someone out of the blue by an email and she comes here on tour with us and now he is different. What in the world is going on?” Kevin demanded.


”We’re just friends, nothing more. All I did was just write a letter to Nick basically spilling out my entire life story to him not expecting to get anything back and I did. Nick is the one who responded to my email. Nick is the one who suggested I come here with a little help from Brian. I am sorry if Nick has changed. Did you ever think maybe he has grown up?” Kaylee snapped,” You know that does happen, and even if Nick and I did hook up or whatever what is it to you? Do you think I am just going to leave him out of the blue and say I hit him like Paris did? I don’t understand what is so wrong with me?” Kevin was a little surprised by the outburst from Kaylee. He understood she meant well, but he just wanted to know the truth.


”I am sorry you feel this way Kaylee I had no idea. I just wanted to know the truth between you and Nick he is like my brother. You should know that since you are a fan in all. He has been hurt so many times before and I can’t let him go through another one. The one with Paris just completely tore him apart I hated seeing him the way he was. From that day on I promised myself I wouldn’t let Nick get hurt again, I know it sounds bad, but it’s the truth. Again, I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable in away way, but I just wanted to know the truth. But while we are on the subject I have no problem with you staying, stay as long as you like. Nickolas needs someone around to talk to and I think I would rather have you than anybody else.” Kevin explained. Kaylee realized Nick had been right. Kevin was only looking out for him and didn’t want to see his younger brother get hurt, but now she finally knows Kevin doesn’t hate her.


”Thanks Kev I am sorry if I got a little snappy” she apologized. Kaylee looked down at her watch and saw what time it was,” Hey Kev I gotta meet Leighanne. Thanks for lunch…or what was supposed to be lunch anyway. We should do this again sometime,” she said getting up from her seat.


”Its no problem….yeah I think we should do this again. Have fun with Leighanne she loves to shop.” Kevin said as he got up from his seat as well and gave Kaylee a hug.


+++++++


Kaylee arrived at the mall where she was going to be meeting Leighanne. Kaylee decided to sit down at a near by bench. She was looking forward to already shopping for her little bundle of joy even though she didn’t know the sex quite yet it was still fun to shop. Kaylee soon saw Leighanne and Baylee come walking through the doors of the mall.


”Hey how’d your lunch go with Kevin?” she asked as she gave Kaylee a hug.


”Fine, he tried to give me a lecture of some sort, but then I like snapped at him and he explained himself, and Nick was right Kevin eventually did grow on me he was just looking out for his younger brother. He likes me he just didn’t want to see Nick get hurt again,” Kaylee responded.


”That’s Kevin for you…looking out for his younger brothers. Every new girl someone brought to meet the rest of the guys was like a job interview. I even got the job interview from Kevin so you aren’t the only one. How about we walk and talk?” Leighanne put Baylee back in the stroller and they started walking down the mall. Kaylee was much happier to know that she wasn’t the only one to get a so-called “job interview” from Kevin.


”Leigh can I ask you a question?”


”Sure”


”Nick told me to make a doctor appointment while we were here well I did and he won’t be able to go tomorrow because they have an interview and I was wondering if you would go with me?”


”I’d be honored”


”I am so glad you said yes. I am so scared about it for some reason. I haven’t been to one in over a month and this is just driving me crazy, and plus I didn’t want to go by myself. Also, Nick asked me to move in with him and I haven’t given him an answer yet. Is that weird? I mean we aren’t even dating and he wants me to live with him. Really does that seem weird to you?” Leighanne sighed and then smiled.


”No, it makes perfect sense. He wants to take care of you Kay. He wants to be with you. I have seen the way he looks at you I have never seen him look at other girls the way he looks at you. Somehow you have won his heart. I’d say go for it if I were you. Look at it this way you can finally get out of your parents’ house” Leighanne said She was right what did she have to lose?


”Do you really think Nick is ready to take this on?” Leighanne could only smile.


”Can I tell you a secret? Brian doesn’t even know I know this one.” Kaylee nodded,” I overheard Brian and Nick talking the other night and he told Brian he was ready for whatever came his way. He was finally at a time in his life where he wanted to settle down with someone and start a family. He is finally happy with his life and he owes it all to you” Kaylee couldn’t help but smile. Nick Carter was in love with her, but she didn’t know if she felt the same way. She knows she “loves” him, but in an entirely different way. Could she ever love Nick the way she loves the father of her unborn child?