- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the long delay!!! Ayleen finished this chapter several days ago, but I was having issues with the site...but it seems to be working now, so yay! lol. enjoy
Chapter 10

That night the two girls and AJ arrived at a very exclusive steckhouse restaurant in down town Los Angelus. Neither girl had any idea what was going to happen between AJ’s rude behavior and the fact that they had to spend time with him in public for all to see if he indeed had one of his outburst and rude behavior.

“I have reservations”. AJ told the host who was standing at the door with a pad in hand. “It should be under the name Mclean ”.

“Ah yes sir right this way”. The host replied as he grabbed three menus and led the trio to a small round table in the back of the place. “I hope this is ok”.

“Yes this is just perfect”. AJ told him with a small smile. “I really would prefer not to be disturbed on this fine evening”. “Thank you”.

“Your welcome sir”. The host answered with a small smile. “Your server should be with you shortly”.

“Thanks”. Nicole said as she took a seat on one side and AJ taking a seat on the other. That left one seat open for Gia to take and it happened to be right next to AJ. Gia gave Nicole a look before lowering herself on the chair and taking the menu.

“Order whatever you like”. AJ told them with a forced smile.

“Oh don’t you worry about that”. Gia replied with a fake genuine smile. “I intend to do just that”.

The waiter appeared a moment later.

“Hello my name is Joe and I will be your server this evening”. He greeted with a broad smile. “Can I start you off with something to drink”?

“Yes I would like to order the most exclusive wine you have got in here”. Nicole told him. “I am sure that you know a good one”.

“Yes of course”. He answered. “I will be back in a moment”.

Once the waiter was gone AJ looked at her. “The most exclusive wine”? “What’s the occasion”?

“I would like to think of this as a celebration”. She explained. “After all I think that we have a lot to celebrate tonight don’t you”.

“Like what”? He asked.

“Like the fact that you got a job and that this is the first time that we are acting like roommates”. Gia pointed out.

“Yeah who knew hell would freeze over twice”. Nicole added.

“I get the feeling that shit is being directed at blaming me”. AJ commented. “I didn’t do anything wrong”.

“You’re kidding me right”? Gia asked. “You’re the one that has been the roommate from hell”.

“How do you figure that”? AJ asked her angrily.

“Uh where do we start”? Gia started. “You took forever getting a job and paying your half of rent and the bills, you don’t clean up after yourself, you contribute a large amount to the mess in the apartment and you have a serious attitude problem”.

“I do not”. AJ hissed. “If I am in a bad mood its because you two put me in that mood”.

“And how the hell do you figure that”? Nicole challenged him. “Before you actually got a paying job you spent your day on the couch getting drunk and yelling demands and sexist comments at us”.

" Look I dont want to fight". Gia said. " We are at a nice restaurant lets try not to make a scene".

" Fine but you two started it". AJ replied as the waiter came back with the bottle of wine and 3 wine glasses.

" Thank god". Gia muttered.

" I think that the alchol will help us all get along" AJ stated as the waiter popped the cork on the wine bottle and poured the the three glasses setting it in front of everyone.

" Is there anything else I can get you"? the waiter asked. " Are you three ready to order"?

" Yes I do believe we are"? Nicole answered. " I will have the 48 ounce steck with lobster on the side and baked potato with some corn please".

" I will have the same". Gia replied

" What are you guys doing"? AJ asked angirly. " Im not made of money you know".

" Please your a backstreet boy of course you are". Nicole told him. " Dont go all cheap on us now".

" Yeah this little shin dig was your bright idea". Gia pointed out. " as a matter of fcat you are being quite rude".

" Hello I have to share an apartment with the two of you". AJ told them. " I dont have alot money and I dont think that I can pay for all this".

" Than we can pay 1/4 of the bill". Nicole offered with her fingers crossed behind her back. " How bout that"?

" Fine whatever Ill just have the cheeseburger with an order of fries". AJ said to the waiter.

" The food should be out soon". The waiter told them as he walked away to a nearby table to get some dishes.

" How in the world do you think that you two are gonna eat all that food".

" Were not". Nicole told him. " Its called leftovers".

AJ rolled his eyes. "Why do I even bother trying"?

" This the point AJ you dont". Nicole told him. " You are an arrogant jerk".

" Yeah and I have had just about enough of your attitude". Gia said. " We are sick of being talked to like a we are dogs".

" Your women". AJ scoffed. " Thats how a man talks to a woman".

" Ok thats it we are so leaving". Nicole angirly said standing up and stocking off towards the door.

Gia stood up and poured the wine bottle on top of AJ's head.

" You stupid bitch". AJ screamed.

" You are a pig". Gia screamed back. " Have a nice dinner".

" Wait a minute I cant pay for all this". He yelled. " What the hell am I gonna do"?

" Well than I guess your just gonna have to wash dishes". Gia yelled back. " Go to hell AJ".

And with that she took off behind Nicole out of the restaurant.
---------------------------------------------------

Nicole sighed as she entered the apartment and walked into her and Gia's bedroom. Gia had decided to sit out on the balcony probably to spy on the new hot neighbor that she didnt think that she had seen before. This had been the day of hell. Not only did she have to deal with AJ and his degrading demeanor towards her and gia but this would make three days since she last had talked to derrick. Things with him were worse than ever. He rarely ever called her anymore and when he did it just ended up in a fight. Nicole couldnt do this anymore. she knew what she had to do. Nicole grabbed her cell phone and dialed his number. After three rings derrick answered.

" Hello"?

" Hey Derrick its me" She said slowly.

" Hey honey". He answered. " before you say anything im sorry about our fight the other day". " I know I havent been the easiest person to get along with".

" No you havent". Nicole told him. " We havent been getting along at all lately". " Thats why I'm calling I think its best if we just be friends".

There was complete silence on the other end.

" Derrick are you there"? Nicole asked after a few moments went by.

" Yes I am". He answered back. " Im just stunned".

" Come on Derrick you had to have seen this coming". She told him wondering why guys were so dense.

" No actually I didnt". He told her. " I just thought that we are going through a rough patch".

" This is more than just a rough patch". She answered. " Derrick we never see each other, we rarely talk and when we do we just fight".

" We can work things out". Derrick told her. " I promise things will get better'.

" No it wont". She argued. " Face it Derrick your wrapped up in your work that you cant afford to have a girlfriend'. " Im not the one for you".

" Yes you are". He argued back. " I love you please dont give up on us".

" I have to". She whispered. " Im sorry".

" No I refuse to accept this". Derrick told her stubbornly. "We can make this work please just try".

" I have tried and im tired of trying", She told him. " I want to wish you good luck and I hope that we can be friends someday in the future".

" No please Nic". He pleaded. " I love you".

" I have to go" Nicole said. " Goodbye Derrick".
Nicole clicked the phone off and wiped away a few stary tears away. It was time to move on to bigger and better things.