- Text Size +
Here is Chapter 2 by Ayleen. Enjoy and leave a review!!!


Chapter 2

AJ sluggishly got out of the limousine that pulled into his driveway. He felt like someone had run over him in a minivan. Hangovers were the absolute worst. It was now two days later since the blow out with Kevin and the guys. Aj didn’t know whether to be happy that he was officially free to do whatever he wanted without any obligations or to be upset that he had been kicked out of a band that had been his whole life for the past 12 years along with four of his brothers hating his guts and refusing to even speak to him. The driver grabbed his bags out of the trunk and set them at his front door. AJ dug into his pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill and a five.

“ Thank you sir” the driver said tipping his hat and getting into the car.

AJ walked up his driveway and pulled his keys out and unlocked the door dragging his bags behind him.

“ Home sweet home”. He muttered to the empty house.

It was really depressing coming home to no one. It should have been his ex girlfriend here waiting with open arms after the tour was done. He walked into the kitchen and pressed the play button on his machine which said that there were thirty six messages.

“ AJ this is your mother, the guys told me what happened, please call me ASAP”. “I am worried about you son”.

He rolled his eyes. He wasn’t in the mood to hear a lecture from his mother. He knew that he had let everyone down and his mother was the person he valued the most.

“AJ Mclean this is Sunny’s Collection agency letting you know you are behind on your house payment please call us at 1-800-543-854".

AJ snickered. He only had enough in his account to pay half the house payment if he payed all his other bills. He couldn’t believe that he was struggling with money. He was a celebrity for god sakes.

“I need a drink” he thought with a sigh.

That seemed to be the only thing that gave him any joy these days. He had forgotten the feeling it gave him. It numbed all his problems for the time being at least. Unfortunately he had nothing alcoholic in the house.

AJ finished listening to the rest of his messages and was sad when none of the messages were from any of the guys. He was hoping that after a couple of days things would blow over but it turned out that they really meant it this time. How had his life gotten this bad again?

AJ opened the drawer and grabbed his car keys. It was time to make a trip to his old hang out. A place that he once called home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gia and Nicole walked in with shopping bags galore.

“ I think its safe to say that we went overboard today”. Gia said hoisting her bags over her shoulder. “ I mean we haven’t found a roommate yet to share the expenses.

“ We deserve it after all the handwork we have been putting in” Nicole pointed out. “ This was just an advancement”.

“ I suppose your right”. Gia replied. “I am going to go put this stuff in my room”.

“ I am going to go check to see if anyone has replied to our ad”. Nicole said. “ Than I will get dinner started.

“Sounds good”. Gia called from her room. “ I am starving”.

Nicole checked the machine to see that they had fifteen messages. She played all fifteen taking notes on names and numbers on a sheet of paper so she could call to set up interviews. Once that was done she walked into the kitchen to start dinner.

“So any calls”? Gia asked coming in to join her friend.

“Yeah we got several actually”. Nicole said. “ One of them is bound to work out”.

“Hopefully”. Gia replied. “ Although we have to set high standards”. “ I don’t want some geeky or smelly weirdo living here”.

“ I don’t either”. Nicole told her. “ I am sure that who ever moves in here will come to be a new friend”. “ Or better yet a guy that could become your new boyfriend”.

“ Yeah that will happen”. Gia answered with a roll of the eyes. “ Men are such pig headed fuckers”.

“ Not all of them are”. Nicole told her. “ Give it time you will find the right guy for you”.

“ All I know is that this roommate better not be a slob”. Gia said.

Nicole laughed and opened the cabinet door. “ We will find a decent one”. just than the phone rang. “There goes another applicant”.

Nicole walked over to the phone. “ Hello”.

Gia watched as her face lit up. No doubt it was her new boyfriend Derrick. They had been dating for a week now. She had met him on an online dating site.

“ Hey Derrick” She smiled. “ Nothing just got back from a shopping trip with Gia”. “ Yeah I am free tonight”.

Gia laughed walking out of the kitchen to give Nicole some privacy. Gia knew that tonight it was takeout and a movie alone in the apartment tonight. She didn’t mind at all since she was in one of her funks where being alone in her own home was a wonderful thing.

Fifteen minutes later Nicole came out into the living room with a dreamy look in her eyes.
“ What time is he picking you up”? Gia asked.

“ In a half hour”. She answered. “We are getting Mexican food and a movie”.

“ Well than you better get ready to go”. Gia answered. “ I know how long it takes you to get ready”.

“ It does not take me that long”. Nicole Defended. “ But a half hour is definitely cutting it close”.

Gia rolled her eyes and looked through the bin of takeout menus they had been collecting since the move to L.A. Thirty minutes on the dot there was a knock at the door.

“ Gia could you get that”? Nicole called. “ I need to finish getting ready”.

“ Told you you take forever”. Gia replied getting up to get the door.
Gia opened it to find Derrick holding a bouquet of roses. Derrick was a football and hockey player so he was built with dark hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a white collared shirt with blue jeans.

“ Hey Derrick come in” Gia greeted. “ She isn’t ready yet”.

“ Thanks”. He answered.

“ Sorry for the wait”. Nicole said coming out of her room a few minutes later in a pink skirt and white shirt with her curly hair freshly dried.

“ Wow you look great”. Derrick breathed as he stood up from his place on the couch.

Nicole blushed. “ I look like a fat cow”.

“ Oh god not that again”. Gia groaned. “ Glad she will be with you tonight”.

“ You do not look like a fat cow”. Derrick told her. “ These are for you”.

“They are beautiful”.Nicole said as she took them and took a whiff of the sweet smell. “ Gia will you put these in a vase for me”.

“Yeah you kids go on and have a good time”. Gia answered

“Thanks we will”. Nicole said with a smirk..

“Looks like its just me”. Gia said aloud.

It was time to order take out and watch a DVD. This was the life. Wasn’t it?

I shall be back with chapter 3 soon!