- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is Chapter 4 from Ayleen. Sorry for the delay, however she can only work on the story in between quarters in college and I am working 2 jobs now, just stay with us. We have MANY plans in store for this story...and I guarantee it will be like nothing you've ever read...so give it a chance and please let us know what you think.
Chapter 4

A couple days later AJ made his way up the stairs to the third floor of the apartment complex. He really needed to get a place to stay which was the reason why he hadn’t been out to get his daily dose of medication yet. He knew coming into an interview totally wasted was not the way to do it.

Once he reached the door he quickly adjusted the hat he had put on to hide the fact that he hadn’t washed his hair in three days and ran a hand over his clothes to get any last minute wrinkles out. He than took a shaky deep breath and knocked at the door. A few moments later a girl that looked about twenty years old with curly brown haired answered.

“Hello may I…..” She trailed before her eyes got huge. “Hey Gia come here”.

A minute later a short petite brunette appeared.

“What”? She asked before her jaw dropped. “Oh wow”.

“Hi I am Alex I am here for the interview about the extra bedroom”. He decided to speak.

“Why yes you are”. The short brunette muttered sizing him up and down.

“Oh right yes of course”. The taller brunette answered opening the door wider and gently moving her friend out of the way. “Please come in”. “I am Nicole and the girl looking at your balls is Gia”.

“Hey”. The short girl replied. “You weren’t supposed to say that out loud”.

“Your making it quite obvious” Nicole replied.

“It’s nice to meet you both”. He answered with a handshake to both feeling a little uncomfortable at the fact the women were discussing his male genitalia.

“So you say you are looking for a room to rent”. The one named Gia asked. “You have come to the right place”.

“We have a lovely room that has a view of the ocean and is decently sized”. Nicole told him. “Follow me”.

AJ followed her through the living room, past the bathroom and another bedroom to the end of the hall. Once inside the room he took a look around.
It wasn’t bad at all. The room really was a reasonably sized one with a small walk in closet and the view was a decent one of the ocean. You could see the waves crashing against the sand.

“So what do you think”? Nicole asked. “Is it ok”?

“Yeah it’s great”. He answered. “How much”?

“Well you will have to pay about four hundred and fifty dollars for your portion of the month and 1/3 of all the expenses around here”. Gia explained.

“I can do that”. He lied.

Truth was he had only the rent for the one month and that was all that would be left.

“Ok well with that being said we can put you on the lease this week and than you can start to move in anytime after that”. Nicole told him. “Welcome home roomy”.

“Thank you”. AJ replied relived he had would no longer be sleeping on newspapers. “Is there any way I could you know start moving in today”? “See I have to be out by today and I have no place to go since I am really sick of hotels”.

The two girls looked at each other and shrugged.

“I really don’t see why not”. Gia told him. “We can get the lease and all that stuff settled tomorrow”.

“Great I am gonna go pack some stuff up and come back”. He answered. He was starting to feel the effects of not having his daily shots of Jack. “I will see you girls later”.

“Ok”. Gia replied waving as they showed him the door. “Later”.

Once he was gone Gia turned to Nicole. “Do you find that odd that AJ Mclean of the backstreet boys is looking for a room for rent”?

------------------------------------------

Later on that day Kevin arrived back at his room from the last concert of the tour. Tomorrow he and the other guys were going to fly back home and rest for 4 or 5 months before going into talks about a new album. He dropped onto his bed and ran a hand through his hair. He couldn’t help but think about AJ. The four of them had decided to tell the fans in a press conference that AJ was too busy with other things and was taking a hiatus from the band permanently. They figured it wasn’t a total lie and they felt it was the closest to the truth that they would be able to tell the fans without ruining his total image. Not that he cared about saving his ex friends image anymore. Thankfully the fans were supportive of them although they were disappointed.

Kevin couldn’t blame them though. That was the way he felt about the guy. The guys had no idea that he still cared very much for his old friend and brother. They all thought he couldn’t care less. Part of him wanted to go find him and talk to him just to make sure he was ok. A much bigger part of him knew that he had to forget about him since he was not going to tolerate this stuff again. He had been warned the first time. Kevin grabbed his cell phone and dialed home. His wife always knew how to cheer him up. After three rings she picked up.

“Hello”?

“Hey honey it’s me”. He said.

“Hey babe how was the last show”? She asked excitedly.

“It was good”. Kevin answered half heartedly. “The fans went wild as usual”.


“That’s good”. She said. “But home come you don’t sound all excited about that”. “Might I guess it has to do with certain ex member of the band and former friend”?

“Nope I have no clue what you are talking about”. Kevin replied. “I am very excited just tired out from the long tour”.

“Oh Kevin I know you so much better than that”. His wife sighed. “I know you miss him and I also know that no matter how much you try to deny it’s upsetting you that you had to throw him out of the band”.

“He did it to himself”. Kevin told her. “I don’t feel bad and I meant it when I said he was dead to me so why bring this whole thing up”. “I think its best that his name or anything else even remotely close to being associated with him is off limits forever”.

“You can’t honestly mean that”? Kristin responded. “He was your brother for fifteen years”.

“Oh I mean it all right”. Kevin told her. “If you love me at all you will respect my decision and drop this from now on”.

“When will you be home tomorrow? She asked him after a few seconds of silence.

“My flight gets in at 6 in the evening”. He told her. “Will you be there to pick me up at the airport”?

“Of course”. She answered. “I miss you so much and can not wait to see you’.

“Me too”. He answered with a smile. “I think I am going to head to bed now I am beat”.

“Ok I will see you tomorrow”. She answered. “Good night Kevin”. “I love you”.

“I love you too”. He responded. “Night”.
After he hung up he laid back and closed his eyes with
dreams of going home.