- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter Six...for your reading enjoyment!!! Leave a review!!! :o)
Chapter 6
Nicole sighed as she walked up the stairs to the apartment carrying five bags of groceries to the door. She used her one free hand of the moment to open the door and kicked it with her foot so the door opened wide.

“Hello”? She called.

With no answer she made her way to the kitchen passing AJ’s stupid ass on the couch.
It would figure he wouldn’t answer nor would he even make an attempt to help as she struggled with the bags of food.

Once Nicole got the bags safely on the counter she walked out to the living room.

“Did you not see me struggling”? She asked him exasperated.

“Yep”. He answered in a monotone like she was the one inconveniencing him.

“Well did you not have the decency to at least if nothing else grab a bag to help bring to the kitchen”? She replied.

“No”. He answered in another single syllable.

Nicole sighed in frustration. The man was absolutely infuriating. It was now going on two months of him living at the apartment and he had yet to be seen with a penny. Gia had given her her half of the grocery money that morning before she left for work but AJ had given her zip.

“I don’t know why I bother to be surprised. “ It’s not like your ass ever leaves the couch”.

“In fact your ass has yet to help contribute to anything”.

AJ looked up at her. “Woman why are you bitching”?

Nicole let put a scream. She wanted to strangle the dumbass for being so damn heartless and clueless.

“Can you at least come out to my car and help me get the rest of the stuff and help put them away since you will just mooch off the food you didn’t even bother to pay for”? Nicole asked him. “Things will go a lot quicker and smoother if there are two people helping”.

“Nope I am comfortable where I am at”. He replied snottily. “After all isn’t it the woman’s job to do the grocery shopping and put them away”.

“Listen you little sexist pig”. Nicole started before she heard the familiar ring tone of kiss and control by AFI coming from her cell phone.
Nicole ran to the kitchen and unzipped her purse digging around until she found it.

“Hey baby”. She greeted.

“Her yourself’. Derrick greeted. “What are you up to”?

“Not too much just got back from the grocery store”. She answered bas she made her way out the door to her car to get the rest of the stuff out.

“Fun times”. He joked. “ I was calling for two reasons”.

“Oh yeah”. She asked. ‘ And what would those two reasons be”?

“The first reason is to tell you I love you and miss you and am truly sorry we haven’t gotten the chance to see each other much lately”. He started.

“ Derrick its cool really I understand”. She told him getting the last of the bags and locking her the doors of her yellow Honda civic SI with the remote control. “Becoming assistant manager at Joe’s has got to be very time consuming’.

“Yeah well It will be nice to get my degree and be able to make a lot and still see you more than what I am now”. “As for the second reason I called I was wondering if you would like to do something with me”.

“You know I am always up for that”. She answered closing the apartment door behind her and putting the remaining bags of food on the counter. “ What would you like to do”?

“I was thinking maybe bringing some takeout from your favorite restaurant and stopping by blockbuster to get a movie and we can have a nice low key night on your couch”. He answered. “What do you say to that”?

“I say that sounds perfect there is just one little problem”. Nicole answered with a sigh. “ My roommate AJ will be here and he has parked himself on the couch”.

“Ah how is the roommate from hell”? Derrick asked her. She had told him all the things that he had yet to do and how miserable him living there was.

“Don’t ask”. She answered. “ I talked to Gia this morning about having a little chat about rent being due soon”. “My guess is that he wont pay and than we can throw that drunk jerk out on the street”.

Derrick laughed. “ I am sorry honey”. “ Everything will work out great once he moves out”. “Who knows maybe I can move in and help with rent”.

“My god that would be like the best thing ever”. Nicole told him a small smile on her lips at the thought of her perfect or rather almost perfect boyfriend living with her and seeing his hot ass every single day. “ Maybe we could work something out once butt plug leaves”.

“ Yeah I would like that very much too”. He answered.

“ So what are we going to do about tonight’s date”. She asked him.

“You have a TV in your room right”. Derrick asked her.

“ Yeah”. She replied. “ Its not a big one but it work good”.

“ Than we can just have a nice romantic evening in your bedroom and just think if things get physical than we wont have to move’.

Nicole laughed and licked her lips at the thought of having her way with Derrick. “ That is true”. “Sounds totally perfect to me”.

“ Awesome I will be over at the apartment with food and the movie at 7”. He told her. “ See ya tonight”.

“ Yes I can not wait”. She told him. “ I am excited”.

“ Me too”. He told her. “ I love you”.

“ I love you too”. Nicole answered.

A bright smile played on her lips. Nicole had never felt like this about anyone before. He was the love of her life. Nicole finished putting away the groceries and looked at the clock above the oven. It read six fifteen. She had to hurry and go get ready.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gia tiredly walked into the apartment exhausted and not in a good mood at all. She had just worked a twelve hour shift at the hospital and things hadn’t gone well at all. First she got yelled at by her superior about the way she did things and than she had to take care of a five car pile up accident that took forever to get to everyone and on top of that she had two patients that gave her a hard time. She looked over to see AJ with his eyes glued to the TV almost finishing off a six pack. She had to admit if it weren’t for the fact that he hadn’t shaved in weeks and looked like he probably hadn’t showered in even longer than that he would look so hot in the a baggy white t shirt and sweatpants.

“Hey AJ”. She greeted. “What are you watching”?

“ None of your damn business”. He answered curtly as he took another swig of the fifth beer bottle he had consumed that day.

“You don’t have to be so god damn rude’. Gia answered. “Would it kill you to be nice”?

“You seemed to be such a nice and sweet guy on TV and in the concerts that I went to”.

“I guess that was all for show huh”.

“If you knew anything about the music business you would know that image is everything”. He told her with attitude. “What you see isn’t always what it is”.

“So does that mean that it appears you have no money and no job but you really do have a job and money to start contributing”. Gia asked with the same amount of attitude”.

“No I really don’t have a job yet or any money”. He told her. “Why the hell do you think I am living in this tiny apartment with two other roommates”

“You’re the one that answered the ad”. Gia pointed out. “No one put a gun to your head”.

“If I could I wouldn’t have roommates”. He told her sourly. “This place is too crowded”.

“It isn’t that crowded”. She told him. “You’re used to having a mansion sized house all to yourself. “ I swear celebrities are such stuck up snobs”. “Your idea of roughing it is living in a small apartment”.

“You nobody’s don’t know anything”. AJ snapped. “ We aren’t stuck up”.

“Really”? Gia snorted. “That why are you being such an ass since day one”? “You have yet to pay a bill which brings me to my next point you have two weeks till rent is do which means no job no money no live here”.

“I can’t believe that you are still harping on that woman”. AJ replied with a roll of his brown eyes. “ Ill get to it when I get to it”.

“No Alex you will get to it ASAP if you want to stay here”. Gia told him. “ I am going to go and change my clothes so if you don’t mind cleaning up the beer cans that have raided the coffee table that would be helpful”.

“You’re the woman of the house cleaning is your job”. He told her with a smirk as a loud belch escaped his lips.

“You’re such a sexist pig”. Gia hissed as she started backing away from the living room.

Just as she turned around to go towards her bedroom she tripped over the leg of the coffee table on her way to making contact with the leg of the couch with her head when she felt herself hit something soft. She looked up to see a pair of brown eyes starring down at her.