- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's Chapter 8!!! I'm gonna try to have 9 done by the weekend for ya!
Chapter 8

AJ walked down the street with his shoulders slumped. His luck was just not getting any better at all. One of the employees working the register had seen his little freak out and had ratted him out to the manager who had than in turn fired him. Now he was walking home with no job and no money to participate in rent. He didn’t have much time at all to find something before he got the boot from his so called roommates. As he was passing by an ally way he noticed a few men huddled together by a dumpster. From the looks of it he knew it couldn’t be legal.

“Here is five thousand” one of the guys that looked about twenty three with brown hair and a flannel jacket with ripped jeans said. “I need some more supply”.

“The supply should be here in a day or two” a guy with black hair and a leather jacket replied.

“Excellent we are right on schedule”. The man with the gruff voice replied. “You two had better not screw up”.

“Yes sir we promise” the flannel shirt guy said. “Everything is under control boss”.

“It had better be”. He told them pointing his finger. “One screw up and you two will be swimming with the fishes”.

AJ snickered. The guy didn’t look that intimidating.

AJ started walking towards home when out of no where he felt hands jerk him back roughly.

“Hey what the…” he said as the two guys he had seen in the ally way dragged him back and pushed him in front of their boss.

“What the hell do you think you are doing”? AJ asked angrily. “I’m trying to get home”.

“Not so fast” the gruff voice replied. “Were you not just watching us”?

“No”. AJ lied. “I’m trying to get home”. “I have had a lousy day”.

“Do not lie to me boy”. He growled pulling out a 32 revolver from his pocket and aimed it right at his forehead. “I know you were spying”. “Now I get to kill you”.

“Wait no need to get so violent”. AJ replied nervously. “Don’t worry about me I won’t tell anyone”.

“See anyone who has a gun aimed at their head would say that”. The boss guy replied rolling his eyes. “You’re just trying to save your own sorry ass carcass”. “If I take your word that you won’t say anything you will leave here and go straight to the cops”.

“No I won’t” AJ told him. “If I even think of doing that than I am going to be in almost as much trouble as you”.

The boss narrowed his eyes and slightly lowered the gun. “What do you mean by that”?

AJ was about to open his mouth when a great idea came to his mind. He knew exactly how he would get out of this alive.

“Never mind.” He answered. “I shouldn’t have said anything”.

“No I want to know what you meant by that”. The boss replied. “The answer to this question may or may not save your life”. “If I were you I would take it”.

AJ sighed. “Well ok see I am kind of what people like to call a druggie”.

“A druggie”? The guy asked with a small smile. “Interesting”. “What kind of stuff do you do”?

“Usually pot, cocaine, prescription drugs”. AJ listed off. “I like to mix that stuff with alcohol”.

“ Very nice”. The boss answered. “Have you ever done ecstasy”?

“Nope but I have always wanted to try it”. AJ answered liking how his plan was working so far.

The boss put his gun down and stuck it back in his back pocket under his jacket and reached inside his pocket and pulled out a small bag and showed it to AJ.

“There are two pills in here”. He told him. “I will sell you this for fifty bucks”.

“I would love to buy that from you but I am flat ass broke”. AJ explained. “I am having a hell of a time finding a job”. “Apparently I am not qualified or have the skills for anything”.

“How bad do you need a job”? The boss asked him.

“Very badly”. AJ answered. “My stupid roommates are actually making me pay half the rent”.

“What if I offer you a job”? The boss asked. “You make runs whenever I page you and normally you will get two hundred and fifty bucks a run”.

“Wow that’s a lot of money for not doing a whole hell of a lot”. AJ commented. “ Ill take it”.

“Excellent uh what’s your name”? The boss asked him.

“AJ” He answered.

“I’m Tommy and the bone heads behind you are Kyle and Mark” Tommy the boss told him. “Mark give him a beeper”.

Once AJ was given a beeper Tommy held out his hand. “Welcome aboard”.

------------------------------------------------

“Oh my god I think we are officially in debt”. Gia said as the two girls arrived at their apartment with shopping bags galore. “Do we have enough to pay the bills”.

“Yes”. Nicole answered. “But we are going to have to not spend a penny for another three weeks”.

“I think we can handle that”. Gia replied as she set her bags on her bed. “Probably”.

“Well on the Brightside we are probably going to have to kick AJ out meaning the next roommate we find will actually help out with the bills leaving us with extra cash”.

“I can not wait”. Gia answered. “Between not paying his half of all the bills and the attitude I am sick of him being here”. “I think we should just throw his ass out today”.

“Well he isn’t home”. Nicole pointed out. “Let’s just give him to the end of the week”.

“Fine”. Gia sighed. “Let him be a couch potato for a few more days”.

“So how about we go into the kitchen and make smores”. Nicole suggested. “I haven’t made those in ages”.

“Works for me”. Gia replied. “You know that calories are my friend”.

“Calories are my worst enemy”. Nicole snorted. “We can dunk them in milk”.

“Ok now I am officially hungry”. Gia said with a laugh. “Lets go”.

The two girls made their way into the kitchen pulling out all the ingredients. Just as they were about to turn the oven on they heard the door open and shut.

“Oh great”. Nicole groaned. “It’s Bonehead”.

“Maybe if we throw a dog bone out the window into oncoming traffic he will go fetch and play dead”. Gia offered. “As much he actually uses his brain it’s a possibility”.

Nicole laughed. “Don’t joke that could be way more fun than throwing all of his stuff in the parking lot”.

“Hello ladies”. AJ greeted coming into the kitchen and heading straight for the fridge no doubt getting a beer.

“Ah yes a beer”. Gia replied. “Heaven forbid you miss out on one night of beer fest”.

“Even your rude attitude can’t put me down”. AJ said as he took the cap off and took a swig from the bottle. “I am in too good of a mood”.

“I have a rude attitude”? Gia exclaimed. “Don’t even go there”.

“Why are you in such a good mood”? Nicole asked wondering if she was going to regret asking him. “Did you get laid by a hooker”?

“No for your information I found a job today”? AJ told her with a smug smile knowing that the two were just dying to kick him out. “A job that I actually like”.

“Wow so hell has frozen over finally”. Gia said.

“Congrats on the job”. Nicole said with clenched teeth. “Where do you work”?

“At a company called XTC”. He said.

“Never heard of it”? Nicole replied. “Is it a new company”?

“No it’s probably made up”. Gia said with a snicker. “How pathetic”.

“Its not made up”. AJ argued as he took another swig of his beer. “It is a brand new company”.

“What do you do there”? Nicole asked him.

“I am um in Sales”. He replied. “I make really good money in fact I did some work today and made enough to cover this months rent”.

AJ reached into the pocket of his jeans and handed Nicole four hundreds and a fifty.

“Isn’t this a lot of money for 1 days work”? Gia asked him.

“Yeah but I get paid by commission not a regular paycheck”. AJ explained. “There is no need for me to have a paycheck because when a sale gets done I make more money that way than I would anywhere else on a week’s paycheck”.

“Well AJ I would say that you have done good”. Nicole told him. “ Guess it looks looks you are staying put”.