- Text Size +
It’s the middle of September right now. The weather’s beginning to cool down a bit over here in California, but it sometime still gets too worm inside the apartment. The air conditioner’s broken so Rachel has to open the window all the time to let in some cool air.

It’s another typical Saturday morning; Rachel’s got a day off from her part time at McDonald’s. That job was fun from the beginning, she used to joggle with the potatoes there, but everything got really boring after a while and she’s sick of that job now.

She woke up as the usual Saturdays. Check out her room. It’s not that messy, but not neat either. The furniture doesn’t even match, she’s not one of the ‘girly girls’ like her best friend Anie-she doesn’t like cleaning, she doesn’t really like decorating her room either. Nothing on the wall. She just never have the mood.

She put on a black long sleeve and got out the bed and yawned hugely. She walked slowly toward the bathroom, and closed the door heavily behind her. She looked into the mirror and saw a girl with her strait, dark brown hair tied up in a ponytail with some freckles on her face, average height, probably around the age of 24. She yawned again and started brushing her teeth.

After she took a shower she heard her cell phone ring. She pulled on her pajamas and rushed back into the room to answer it.

“Hello?” she said.

“Hey there RR.” A girl’s voice said brightly.

“Anie. You’re right next door of me, just come in okay? You in love with your cell phone?”

“I told you, my mom’s back from New York and she’s gonna pay for everything, ok?” Anie said, “Hey can you have, like, a month off from your part time thingy?”

“For what? This is like the fourth time Anie, you’re gonna get me sacked someday, missy.” Rachel laughed.

“Me and my parents are going to the Bahamas for vacation. A whole month, you coming? Come on, time to take a break.” Anie pleaded.

“Not before I get a job,” Rachel said carelessly. “I mean like a real job.” Going to the Bahamas is one of her dreams, but no way, a part timer at McDonald’s can’t afford anything.

Anie knew her too well; she even knew what is she thinking. “Don’t worry about money, I said my mom’s gonna pay for everything. She’s nice.”

“I’m in,” Rachel said at once.

Anie started laughing uncontrollably over the phone Rachel can even hear the laughter coming through her doorway. “I knew it, you old miserly woman-just kidding! We’re leaving Monday.”

“That’s great. You’re right, I need a break.” Rachel grabbed her pillow and sneaked out her door. Anie’s door was wide open next to hers, inside Anie’s got pink pajamas on and she’s sitting on her bed with her back to Rachel.

“So the both of us better start the shopping’s. Like, right now.” Anie sounded excited.

“I can’t WAIT!” Rachell screamed and threw her pillow at Anie. “HEY!” Anie yelled back and threw it back at her. Rachel hung up her phone and went to hug Anie. “Thanks a lot, girl.”




*A/N* yeah the first chapter's kinda short and sucky but hey don't blame me nothing happens...read on, it gets better