- Text Size +
A/N: finally another update. I'm seperating the conversations into paragraphs, cuz it gets confusing sometimes. Thanks for the reviews, keep em comin





Nick looked a bit suprised. Rachel just smiled and looked, actually make that squinted, into his eyes. The rain was getting harder and harder, that everything Rachel can see through the rain was blurred.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Nick shouted over the thunder. "I MEAN-"

Nick seemed to realize that she was serious, because Rachel simply closed her eyes and stood there waited. She felt Nick leaning closer and closer that she could feel his breath, and then giving her a short kiss on the lips.

"That's it?" Rachel asked suprisingly.

"That was for the one on the plane, remember," Nick reminded her, "but this one right now isn't..." he added, and pressed his lips against hers for the second time.

No way Nick, I only agreed one, was what Rachel wanted to say, but the moment his lips touched hers she thought she was going to melt. She could still hear the sound of the rain and thunder, but she felt like as if there's only her and him. Gently, Nick pulled her closer with his arms, then-

"I SAID, SHUT UP!"

"Huh?" Rachel jerked around from him. Through the rain, she could see a black car parked about half a mile from them at a dry area under a tall building. Two black and tall figures were coming out of the car, Rachel could tell there's another person inside there.

"Aww come on, it's just a car." Nick said, pulling her arm. "Let's go back to the hotel."

"It's not just a car, Nick..." Rachel squinted and stepped closer the the car- then she reconized that red sweater, "Anie! It's Anie in that car, Nick! I know it is- what's she doing with those bastards-"

"Shh! Wait!" Nick pulled her back with all his might. "Listen..."

Rachel could barely hold down the excitement, but she still stood there still, listening to their conversation. It was hard listening through the rain, she could barely make out what they were talking about.

"I told you to be quiet and you won't listen. Sorry, but I have to use tape. So how's your plan going? Great?" The first figure said. Rachel's heart beat faster- those people are not friendly. Anie's in trouble. And somehow that voice sounded familiar to her.

"Everything's fine. What's today? The 21th? Only a few days until it happens." The second fugure laughed. His voice was so deep it gave Rachel the creeps. In the car Anie was still struggling- looks like she's tied up. Beside her Nick was gripping on her arm harder and harder.

The first figure laughed too. "I can't wait to see it...after so many years, finally...Pelician Bay Hotel. What a lame name. Imagine it beling blowed up into millions of pieces...it's going to be the best day of my life."

"What?" Rachel couldn't help herself from saying out loud. Her brain didn't seem to take the stuff he just said, because the words seemed hard to understand. Blow...up...pieces...?

To her and Nick's horror, the first figure suddenly turned around. "Jack! There's someone over there! HEY-" "Go chase after them you idiot!" the other one shouted.

Nick stepped back. "Oh- shit...RUN!" he bellowed. Rachel didn't need him to tell her that. The both of them set off running hand in hand in the opposite direction. Rachel didn't even dare looking back, she ran as fast as she could. It was pretty hard running throught the rain because they could barely see anything, also the ground is slippery so she kept on slipping and tripping on the ground. Nick ran a lot faster than her, finally he put his other arm across her waist and carried her up. "Hey-" Rachel shut up before she finished. Rain was hitting her hard on the face. She could merely see the hotel not far away from them. "Yeah, Nick, get in there-"

The guy chasing behind them was behind. "LISTEN YOU TWO," he cried, "IF YOU DARE TO TELL THE OTHERS A SINGLE WORD ABOUT THIS YOU'RE DEAD BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN-"

Nick dropped Rachel down on the ground and closed the door behind him, the both of them were shaking from coldness and fear. Rachel clutched her head, her brain wasn't working very well. "...Nick?" she finally managed to say, "What was that?"



"Oh my god, look at you two, where have you guys been?" Brian asked. He and AJ were playing cards when Nick and Rachel came back soaking wet, shaking.

"Nowhere," Rachel answered.

"Yeah, just out for a walk." Nick continued.

"Well you guys better hurry up and change, I think we have to pay for all that mess already." he pointed at the muddy carpet.

"Yeah, yeah, just later..." Nick answered, "come on, we need to talk..." he pulled Rachel out of the room.

They entered Rachel's room next door and sat down on the bed. "Anie! I told you I was right Nick, she's in trouble!"

"Oh god...remember what they said? That blowing up the hotel part?" Nick sounds scared. "You don't think they were serious do you?"

Rachel bit her lips, "Actually I do Nick. Why do you think they took Anie for? She must've heard them talking about it..." she said, trying to calm herself down. Nick has no idea how scared she is right now...forget about the stupid journal...Anie might die! "We have to tell the others!"

"We can't." Nick gripped on her shoulder, "If we do then we'll dead! Besides, do you think they are gonna believe us? No! It even sounds ridiculous to me, if i haven't heard them talking myself."

"But, but I...what about everybody else...I mean, we can run, but they don't even know...and we can't just leave Anie with them! What do we do?" She felt her eyes watering. There was a silence. Nick frowned.

"I don't know. I just...can't believe this." he shook his head, "Trust me, we'll come up with something, okay?"

Rachel paused. "Nick I'm scared." she said.

"Don't." Nick put his arm around her shoulder.

The door bursted right open and the both of them froze in their spots. Kevin looked a bit fluttered, "Where- where have you two-"

"It's none of your business." Nick said bitterly, letting go of her.

Kevin frowned and crossed his arms, "I told you-"

"Can you leave now?" Nick interrupted.

For a moment there, Rachel thought Kevin was about to come up and punch Nick right in the face. She was so relieved that he didn't, because she knew if he did Nick would hit back. This is not a pretty good time for that, honestly. Rachel bit her lips, she almost forgot. Kevin didn't like her.

Kevin slammed the door behind him furiously. Rachel nudged Nick on the arm. "Is it because of me? It's alright, Tell Kevin that I'm sorry, maybe we should-"

"He's got a problem with his head. It's ok, don't you worry about him." Nick said, "Hey...can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Be my date! Come on, I asked you that ages ago, remember." Nick reminded. "I just want to get to go out with you before...it happens. There might be an accident, who knows."