- Text Size +
"A date in the Bahamas...it's like my dream coming true," Nick said beside her.

"I said, this is not a date." Rachel said loudly. "I just hope we don't get caught by Kevin.

"Yeah, yeah, okay...hey you've never been here before have you?" Nick asked.

There were on the very top of the hotel right next to theirs, it was a bit smaller and more crowded. She shook her head and looked around- there was no roof, this place sure is weird, yesterday it was raining hard and now the sun was shining over their heads. Most of the place was taken up by a huge pool, and there are cafes and shops on the sides. There was a big water fountain beside them, decorated by angels. She pulled out a penny from her pocket and gave it to Nick, "Make a wish."

"I told you, this is my dream, hapenning right now. I'm good." Nick laughed slightly and gave it back to her. "You make one."

Rachel closed her eyes. I just hope we're all gonna live, she thought and tossed the penny into the fountain. It made a tiny splash in the water.



"Just...water." Rachel said boredly to the waitress. Nick was sitting across from her on a tiny table in the cafe. Yawning without covering her mouth, she turned back to Nick. Last night she didn't really get any sleep, she was worrying all night not just about Anie, also everyone else in the hotel. This is horrible.

Nick doesn't look so hot either. He looks pretty sleepy too, his blue eyes are no longer sparkling, yet he's still wearing that same old smirk-like smile.

"I don't know how do you manage that but I don't think I'm going to be able to smile for a while." Rachel said gloomily.

"You're forgetting it again- what have I told you?" Nick shook his head, "Sit back and hang, there's really nothing we can do." he said. "Everything's going to work out, don't you worry."

"Stop comforting me already- look at yourself. Got any sleep last night?" Rachel asked.

"Not really." Nick leaned back on his chair.

"Here are your drinks." the waitress came back with Rachel's water and Nick's ice coffee.

"Yeah, thanks..." Rachel said and reached for her water.

"Hey, aren't you that guy from Backstreet Boys? Nick Carter?" the waitress suddenly asked Nick, who merely nodded. The waitress got pretty excited, "Oh really, my daughter loves you guys!"

"Tell her I said thanks," Nick took a sip of his coffee.

"And who is this? Your new girlfriend-"

"No, no, just friends," Rachel interrupted quickly, and accidently spilled her glassful of water right in Nick's lap.

"OW!" Nick shouted and jumped up from his seat. Rachel threw her hands over her mouth, "Sorry- I didn't mean it- here," she grabbed handful of napkins and started wiping the water off his lap, fluttered. The room was quitet, some people were laughing, including the waitress.

"Uhh...Rach?" Nick said awkwardly. Finally Rachel realized what she was doing. She jerked back her hands, feeling her face going red at once.

"I thought you said you guys were just friends..." the waitress laughed.

"I'll just go and...clean this up..." Nick walked toward the bathroom, leaving Rachel sitting on her seat, face red as tomatoe. More people were laughing by now, some were pointing. She swear if there's a hole on the ground she'd go hide right in there. Then,

Bang.

Nick kept on looking back and ended up walking right into the wall. Some more people bursted out laughing, even Rachel's started chuckling. "You idiot, Nick..."

She waited there for a couple of minutes, but Nick still haven't come out. Finally she lost her patience and walked toward the bathroom.

"Nick? Are you okay?" she whispered and knocked on the door lightly. "Hello?"

The door suddenly slammed open and hit Rachel in the face. "OH!" she cried and clutched her nose. Her eyes started watering, blood streamed down her nose. "Oh crap-" Nick said, "I'm sorry-"

That did it. Everyone in the cafe set off laughing, someone was taking pictures. "We gotta get out of here..." Nick pulled out a napkin out of his pocked and pushed it against Rachel's nose. He took her hand and both of them ran out of the cafe in embarrasment.

"Are you ok?" Nick asked as they ran toward the elevator. Rachel didn't answer, more blood were streaming out of her nose, down her hands. Then they bumped into someone- AJ. He was carrying a bunch of shopping bags.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Nick asked loudly. AJ stared at them both, his mouth wide open. From Nick with water all over his lap, to Rachel with blood all over her hands and face.

"...what'cha beat her up for, Nick?" he finally managed to say.

"Forget it, you got napkins?" Nick asked.

AJ reached into one of the shopping bags and pulled out a tissue box. "Here..."

AJ was still staring at them both when they hurried into the elevator.

"Why do you always get a bloody nose when we're together?" Nick chuckled. Rachel gave a muffled laugh and raised her arms in the air while Nick held the napkin.


Back in Nick and Brian's hotel room. Both of them were cleaned up, sitting on the sofa watching TV. "That was the worst date ever." Rachel said, massaging her nose.

"Look at the bright side, I made you laugh." Nick said, "That water was cold, man...thank god it wasn't hot water, or else I might have-"

Rachel set off laughing. "Don't worry, I wouldn't mind...haha...."

Nick started laughing uncontrollably too. "Can I kiss you?"

"Yea-" Rachel hesitated. Nick has no idea how bad she want to taste his kiss again, but she can't. Kevin's head suddenly popped into her head. "No."

"If you're worrying about Kevin, don't. He'll get over it." Nick said.

"Fine."