- Text Size +
"You guys really need to stop slamming the door like that," Rachel complained. "and knock." she added.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" Brian took a towel and started drying his wet hair. It was a pretty foolish question to ask in Rachel's opinion- Nick and her were leaning toward each other on the sofa when he came in.

"No, it was nothing." she replied.

"Oh good. 'Cause chaos' probably get mad at me if I did." Brian joked. "We're going down to the bar later in the afternoon, coming?"

Rachel all of a sudden felt dizzy. "I don't know, I don't feel good..."

Nick put his forehead against hers, "Uh-oh, you're a bit hot...must've had a cold yesterday, we shouldn't have stayed in the rain for so long."

"But-" Nick eyed her telling her to say no more.

"If you're not going then I'm staying with you." he said.

"Aww really I'll have to go with Howie then." Brian took his cell phone and walked outside, "see you guys tomorrow."

"You don't have to stay if you don't want to-" Rachel started.

"No, no no, I don't want to go anyways, someone has to take care of you...here," He put a blanket over her, "I'll go get some water."



The sun was beginning to set, Nick and Rachel were leaning against each other on the sofa, both fast asleep, Nick was snoring lightly.

That was when it happened.

Rachel got waken up by a loud 'BANG' followed by glass shattering, then she felt something passed her head by inches. She sat staight up, wide awake, heart pounding fast against her chest.

"What the-" Nick shouted. To their right, the window was shattered, outside in the veranda there stood a man in black, with a gun in his hand. Rachel recognized him at once, it was the taxi driver, wearing a smirk on his face.

At first she didn't really know what was going on. Was that...a gunshot? She felt herself going cold at once, beside her Nick grabbed her right hand. There was no time for running- the gun was pointed directly at their heads. Nick raised his other hand right up in the air, "Okay...calm down, what do you want?"

"You two didn't tell anyone about...it, hopefully." there came that oddly familiar voice they heard in the rain. He stepped closer, and Rachel could feel her right hand shaking now, or maybe it's Nick, it doesn't really matter. She gave a quick glance to the door. No chance, it was too far away.

"No we didn't." she managed to say in a shaky voice.

"Good. Good." the driver said, stepping even closer- they are inches apart now.

"What do you want?" Nick repeated.

The driver gave out a laugh that made Rachel shilver. "You two." the gun made a clicky sounds as he pointed it against Nick's forehead. Nick went cross-eyed looking at it, backing away.

"No...no, don't..." fear was filling her up she could barely think- the only thing she kept on repeating in her brain was 'he can't die. Nick can't die.' she was sqeezing Nick's hand so hard she could barely feel her own hand-

BANG! The door got kicked open and Brian rushed inside, "What's going on-" he looked around the room and froze on his spot. The driver backed away suddenly, pointing the gun at Brian. "This is none of youre business. Don't make me-"

"Of course this is my business, those are my friends! This is our room-" Brian interupted.

"Shut up! Stay there, if you dare to move or shout he's dead," the driver looked a bit tense. He pointed the gun back at Nick. Brian froze on his spot again, looking scared and a bit confused. "I'm not moving..."

Run Brian, he's going to shoot anyways, Rachel wanted to yell but she didn't dare to. She took a deep breath. Feeling tears filling up her eyes, she rushed over to stand before Nick.

"What the heck are you doing!" Nick pulled her to the side but she tried hard to pull back and remain on her spot, "Don't touch me-" she squealed as both of them struggled. She couldn't- he was too strong-

There was a laugh behind her and another click of the gun, then-

Rachel heard someone rushing across the room. "BRIAN, DON'T-"

There was another deafing bang, Rachel had her eyes tightly closed- am I dead? She felt something brushed on her back and fell to the ground with a thud. She turned around and, to her terror, it was Brian. He was clutching on his left shoulder, blood everywhere, all over his shirt and floor. Her mouth fell right open and she looked at the driver, who looked taken back as well.

"Idiot." he scoffed.

Tear rushed out her eyes. "Brian-" she dropped to her knees, "Are you okay? Wake up- answer me-" she shook him.

He didn't answer, and he was not okay. The gunshot was only inches away from his heart- Rachel clutched her head. She felt sick in the stomach and so dizzy she almost fell sideways onto the ground. She's having a fever.

"NOBODY MOVE!" the door suddenly got kicked right open once more and a couple of cops entered the room. "Thank god." Rachel heard herself muttering. She tried to wipe away her tears and turned around to look at Nick. He was stoned- mouth wide open, hands still in the air, couldn't move a muscle.

She couldn't believe it but the driver turned around and ran for it. "HEY YOU- STOP-" Two cops chased out into the veranda. There was another gunshot, then one of the cops yelled "GO! TAKE THE STAIRS!" and both of them rushed out the room. Nick rushed into the hall like mad right after them.

"Nick-wait-" Rachel sighed. She was so cold she could feel her teeth chattering. Once again she looked back at Brian- she couldn't help herself from sobbing and throwing her hands over her mouth. She's never seen so much blood in her life, she couldn't stand seeing so much of it, especially when they are dripping down from someone you loved. She was seeing Brian as her very own brother right at this moment. She took off her jacket and put it around him, trying not to touch the injured shoulder. Brian did not move.

She sat there, feeling dizzier by the moment. More gunshots came from outside, and she suddenly realized- what the hell is she doing here? Anie- she might be right down there- and Nick, is he okay? She got up and was at the door when she looked back at Brian. She rushed back and lifted him up, supporting his weight with her shoulder and stomped out the room with great difficulty.

Her T-shirt was covered in blood when she finally got down stairs- there were some people rushing and screaming in the hall, outside the cops were all pointing their guns right at the driver, who was leaning against his black car and had his gun pointing to Anie's throat. "DON'T COME ANY CLOSER..." he cried.