- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's been soooo long since I've updated! I don't even think anybody even remembers this story lol. I went on a vacation and took a looong break from writing. Well now I'm back and I wanna finish this so here's another chapter =]
They heard a loud "bang" from down below, people screaming, the ground shooke slightly.

"What the hell was that?" Rachel's heart beat faster and faster. Oh no, they've done it...she exchanged a look with Nick, who had his mouth slightly open. "They've done it!"

"Done what?" AJ asked loudly, "You two know something don't you?"

"That's a pretty long story...well..." Rachel began nervously. "they're blowing this place up."

"WHAT?" AJ, Kevin and Howie screamed together.

Nick kicked the elevator door, "This thing is never gonna come! That's it, we gotta get outta here, take the stairs." he pointed to the staircases down the hall.



As the four of them raced down the stairs Rachel felt so sick and scared she though she was gonna throw up again. Shutting her mouth tightly, she grabbed Nick's hand and held it tightly to support herself. His hand was ice cold and sweaty just like hers.

Do I really like this guy? She asked herself.

Another loud BANG not far below them made them jump. The ground shooke again, harder than last time, Rachel sank to the ground. She couldn't support herself...everything was so dizzy and blurry...even Nick...her heart pounded against her chest like it was going to burst through and fall right out. The air was heating up. AJ let out a weird scream.

"Rachel! You alright?" Nick sounded really scared, he pulled her up and carried her with his strong arms. "UP! We gotta go up!" He shouted to all the other guys.

"I'm ok really...just put me down..." Rachel was a little out of breath.

Nick ignored her. He just held her tighter and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"We gotta run faster! This place is really heating up!" Kevin's voice was shaking.

"What the hell is going on?" Howie panted.

"I don't know...but it's something bad." AJ answered.

"I'm so scared." Howie said.



After what seemed like forever, they were almost at the very top of the building. Everyone's so tired they're walking instead of running, sometimes sit down on the stairs to rest. Sweat was dripping down Nick's hair.

"Put me down now! I'm fine, I told you." Rachel struggled out of Nick's arms.

"Alright, people, we're finally at the roof." Kevin panted hard. As soon as they got there he put Brian down and sat down beside him, half of his shirt was covered in blood as well.

"Now what?" AJ asked.

Nick's cell phone rang. "Hello?"

"NICK!!! Where are you and the other guys? Everyone okay?" Someone yelled from the other end.

"We're at the roof!"

"I was so worried! It was too close, god damn it...wait there, we're sending a helicopter over!"

Nick hung up, "Guys! It's all ok! We're getting outta here!"

"WOOOOHOOOOO!"

"YEAH! Man do you know how scared I was? Man..."

Rachel couldnt help herself to laugh along. We're gonna be alright...we're save...it's all ok...I can see Anie again...and mom and dad...

"I told you it's gonna be alright!" Nick said, giving her his smirk.


After what seemed like forever, over their heads came the sound of a helicopter.

"WE'RE OVER HERE!" AJ jumped up and down and waved like crazy.

"OVER HERE!" Kevin shouted along.

The helicopter flied close to them, and closer...

Nick grabbed Rachel's hand and held it tight...

And closer....

BAAAAAAANG!

"AHHHH!"

To their left at the other end of the roof there was another loud explosion, setting the roof on fire.

"GO DOWN! GO BACK! GO BACK DOWN...."

AJ carried Brian and then ran back to the staircase like mad. "Go down! More!"

Rachel thought she almost had a heart attack, she was shaking a lot, panting like crazy, her ears were ringing loudly...it was the most scary thing she saw in her life. She was squeezing Nick's hand so hard her fingers were numb...she thought she was gonna faint...

They stopped after they were 3 floors below the roof. Rachel sat down on the ground, panting hard.

"Oh my god! We were so close! DAMN IT!" AJ yelled, and cursed under his breath.

"I'm scared! I don't want to die yet!" Howie suddenly bursted into tears. "I haven't even said goodbye to-"

"Howie stop it! We're not gonna die, you hear me?" Nick said. But his eyes were filling up with tears as well. "Aw...man..." He walked over and gave the sobbing Howie an embrace. Kevin and AJ joined them. "I love you guys so much!" Howie cried. After a while, they finally broke apart. Nick bent over to give Brian a kiss on the cheek. Same with all the other guys.

Rachel felt tears dripping down her chin.

Nick pulled out his cellphone and called the police officer again. "What the heck do we do now? We're on floor 86 i think...."

"I don't know, I'm sorry! We're trying to put out the fire...but it just doesnt seem to work! I'll call you back...you guys stay put..." the voice was shaking.


Rachel looked around the room they were in. It was really big, full of tables for dining. In the front there was a expensive-looking car, probably the prize for the winner for the winner of some sort of game?

Under the table Rachel saw something red...a red light. Out of curiousity she kneeled down, and looked under the table.

What she saw made her scream out loud.