- Text Size +
"What?" Nick came running to where Rachel was kneeling down and completely stoned, followed by the rest of the guys, Kevin limping carrying Brian.

"The- there- there's........" Rachel pointed to the light under the table with a shaking hand.

Nick crawled under the table to see what it was.

"HOLY CRAP." his jaw fell right open, "Is that a...."

"Bomb! We only have fifteen more minutes! We're gonna die..." Rachel started crying. She couldn't help it, she was so scared. Behind them Kevin gasped and dropped Brian onto the ground once more, AJ looked completely shocked, standing there not moving a muscle. Howie simply passed out, felling down with a thud.

Silence. Either they couldn't think of anything to say, or they just couldn't say anything.

Quickly Rachel crawled out from under the table and went to check under the other ones just to make sure-

She was right.

"There's one under all of them!" she shouted hopelessly to the guys. Their brains finally seemed to have taken in all this, and all of a sudden they started going crazy, shouting, cursing, thinking of a way to get out.

Rachel felt so hopeless. Her fever was getting worse by the moment. This must be the worst vacation ever. Anie got kidnapped, me and the guys got killed, the hotel got blown up by a bunch of maniacs. I'm never going to see my family and Anie again. I'm never going to get a chance to know Nick better again. Thinking about all this made her heart go cold, but she wasn't scared- she was so scared she couldn't even feel it anymore.

The only good thing happened to me on this vacation was that...

I got to meet a really amazing guy. She glanced over at Nick, who was running around the room shouting "Damn it, there's no signal!" to his cellphone. Kevin sat in a corner with his back to us, but Rachel could tell he was crying. He still have a wife at home waiting for him, she suddenly remembered, and couldn't help it to feel really bad for him. AJ was standing beside Brian and Howie, cursing under his breath. She glanced back at the countdown on the bomb. 13 more minutes. She supported herself to stand up- maybe it's time to say goodbye to them.

"HEY GUYS! LOOK!" Nick suddenly shouted joyfully, pointing at the car in the front of the room.

"Yes Nick I know it's a nice car, but we really don't have time to-"

"Nick?" Rachel interrupted. "Are you thinking of...." she said slowly.

"Yeah!" He said, "The key's there too. We can just drive the car and fly to the other building right next to this one. They have a huge pool at the roof. We'll land in there."

All of them rushed to the big window and looked outside. There it was, the building with the pool where Nick and Rachel had a date at. It was slightly lower than the level they were at. Pretty close to them too, but not close enough. "Sounds like a good idea but it's too far away...the car's not going to reach it!" she told Nick as she waved back at all the cops down below on the streets.

"Wait...I have an idea..." AJ said slowly. "How about we drive when the bombs blow up and the wind and explosion and everything's gonna push our car there?"

Rachel's heart beat faster and faster.

"Wait...how do we know when it blows up while we're in the car? Kevin, is your watch still working?" Nick asked.

Kevin quickly checked his watch. "Battery's dead...damn it..."

"UGH!" Nick's face was turning pink. "What do we do? We have no more time!"

Rachel thought for a moment. She was trying hard to make up her mind.

"How about..." she hesitated, "You guys get the car ready, I'll sit there under the table and count until 20 seconds, then AJ you keep on counting out loud while I come and get into the car, then Nick you can start driving about 3 seconds before the bombs blow up...I know AJ can't be exact, but we really need to risk it."

"Sounds like a plan." Nick's eyes were sparking once more, "We can either risk it, or sit here and wait 'till we die. Who's in?"

"Me!" AJ, Kevin, and Rachel said together.

Rachel's hands were sweating like crazy...they don't know what she's going to do. But there's no choice, it's the only way to make sure...her eyes got teary. She sniffed hard, tried to hide the tears.

Nick drove the car a distance before the big glass window, the distance enough for them to get to the window in three seconds. AJ and Kevin were panting hard trying to get Brian and Howie intot he car.

Rachel's heart was pounding so hard she thought it was going to explode.

AJ got into the seat in the front right beside Nick. Kevin sat in the backseat with Brian beside him and Howie on the floor next to his feet.

"We have seven more minutes." Rachel looked under one of the tables. Her voice was shaking a little.

"Wait..." Nick rushed out of the car and came to where Rachel was.

"What?" she stood up, and looked into his sparkling blue eyes.

For one last time.

"I just want to say..." Nick looked a little nervous, "I liked you since I saw you on the plane, I really did...the moment I saw you I knew you were different...and well, you're a really amazing girl and in case we die or something..." he cleared his throat, "I love you." he said it loud and clear. Rachel felt her heart breaking, tears rushed out of her eyes like river. "Me too..." she said, held Nick's hands tight and kissed him on the lips.

Rachel pushed him away after what seemed like two minutes...a whole hour...or a week...or forever...

"Go, go say bye to the guys..." she gave him one last embrace.

Nick looked into her eyes for one last time and went back into the car. Rachel crawed back under the table with her back to the guys so they couldn't see her cry.

"You guys has been like real brothers to me...I love you guys..." she heard the guys saying to eachother.

"Three minutes..." Rachel cleared her throat and shouted.

Please, let the boys live...God bless them, they're really amazing and talented people...and God bless Nick...hope he'll get a beautiful wife... Rachel closed her eyes and prayed. God bless mom and dad...and Anie...she was a true friend...

She opened her eyes. "Two minutes!"

She glanced over at their car. Nick was concentrating really hard and sweating like crazy, so was AJ, and Kevin looked really scared and worried.

"One minute!" she shouted. She thought her heart was going to explode but right now she couldn't feel her heart at all anymore. "59...58...57..." she counted down with a shaking but calmed voice. "42...41...40..."

Thinking the boys are going to be save for sure made her smile. "30...29...28..."

She counted louder and louder. She's not scared anymore..."23...22...21...20..."

"19, 18, 17..." AJ started counting loudly and slightly faster over there in the car.

But Rachel sat there still under the table, kept on counting looking at the countdown clock. "16...15..."

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!"