- Text Size +
They arrived shortly after that. Rachel and Anie got their stuff and walked out of the plane quickly into the airport. There was a big sign over their heads that says “Welcome to the Grand Bahama”. Rachel quickly put on her hood again. “Come on, we need to clean that mess up.” Anie grabbed her into the girl’s bathroom. Keep your hood on, we’ll do your hair when we get to the hotel…change that shirt…wow I feel sorry for you…”

Yeah. Basically the first expression the Backstreet Boys gave Rachel was bad. Nick winking and trying to kiss her, Kevin spilling juice on her, AJ laughing…she felt sick thinking about it. She just wished never to see them again.

After five minutes Rachel changed into another black T-shirt with the green jacket outside and the hood on. They waited at the door for Anie’s parents. “So how did the ride go, girls?” they asked. “Oh it was fine.” Rachel lied. Totally. They walked out the airport; it’s really sunny out there. Lots of people walking on the street, she could see the sea to her right. She felt quite stupid with a hood in this hot day. “Pirates used to bury their treasures there,” Anie said. “There were lots of pirates in 1700, they were so damn famous.” Rachel’s surprised she knew all that. “I thought you were bad at Social Studies?” “I’ve been doing some researches on the internet.” Anie said brightly. I know basically everything now. I can be your tourist.” Rachel laughed. “That’s awesome. So I bet you’ve already planned out everything, right?” “We can go swimming, of course, bicycling, sailing, shopping, for sure, they’ve got all that funky stuff in the mall, and fishing… that would be so much fun.” “Wow, this is gonna be the best vacation ever.” Behind them, Anie’s parents called a taxi, it was painted green and yellow. They got in, Anie’s dad sat in the front seat and Rachel, Anie and her mom got squished in the backseat with the luggages.

“First time in the Bahamas, huh?” the driver smiled at them and asked friendly. He looked like an American just like them; he didn’t have any accent either. “Yeah we are. How did you tell?” Rachel asked curiously. “Look at your clothes.” He chuckled, “I bet you guys are from America just like me! Where are you guys headed?” “Pelican Bay Hotel.” Beside him Anie’s dad replied. “That’s a fine place.” The driver said and took off.

Anie talked to the driver the whole ride. Of course, she knew everything around already so when the driver tells them about where to go and what to do she usually interrupts him. Rachel pushed her arm. It was really annoying.

She got tired looking out the windows- it looked a lot like Hawaii. She scanned her luggage beside her, everything was fine, it was still fully stuffed and locked. She reached her hand into her right pocket for her cell phone, but there was something else in it-a little piece of paper. “What’s this?” she muttered to herself and pulled it out. It’s got a pretty crappy handwriting on it that says “Call me” and a phone number.

Nick.

Rachel’s really annoyed now. She can’t believe that he thought she was going to call back. She opened the window but she stopped the moment she was about to throw it outside. Well I do own him an apologize, she thought miserablely. I never said sorry, for throwing up on him. It was my bad.

The taxi finally stopped in the front door of a fine looking building. It looked new and pretty tall, and it’s got decorations over it. On its opposite was a beautiful beach, and the sun was setting in that direction making the water sparkle with red and gold. They got off the car and said good-bye to the driver, the sun is setting and Rachel looked at her watch. 6:30 PM. They started walking toward the hotel, but none of them noticed that the taxi did not leave-the driver pulled back and parked it right outside the door.


Rachel woke up at 6’o clock in the morning the next day. Last night she and Anie were both exhausted so they went to bed, like, really really early. She looked beside her, Anie was still fast asleep so she decided to give Nick a call. He might be still asleep but who cares, this might be her only chance to call him without Anie noticing. She sneaked out of her bed in her pajamas quietly and went to get her jacket. She grabbed it and put it on then sneaked out into the hall. No one was out there. She heard snores coming out of the room next to theirs. Good.

She took out her cell phone and the paper both out of the pocket. She exhaled, and dialed number.

What surprised her was that she heard a phone ringing from the room right next to theirs.