- Text Size +
There they were, down at the beach. Bright sun, cool wind, Rachel’s never seen such a nice weather before. Not in California anyways.

Anie was sitting next to her putting on lotions, with her face tomato red again. In front of them Nick and AJ took out a football and started tossing it around. Nick won’t stop running and jumping so he got sands all over Rachel’s shirt, and she took it off for good.

“….What are you staring at?” she asked when she caught Nick’s eyes. “Nothing. Want to join?” Nick asked them brightly. “No thanks.” Rachel said in a bored voice. “Come on, look at the nice weather, don’t just sit there!” Nick said again. Rachel yawned. “Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

Nick smirked and Rachel new something bad was coming. “What if…I DON’T WANT TO?” he cried loudly and carried her up across the waist. “NOOO! NICK WHAT ARE YOU DOING...let me down!” Rachel screamed, but Nick ignored her, he laughed and ran toward the water. “No. Nick, don’t, I can’t swim!!”

SPLASH.

Rachel grabbed him on the neck so the both of them ended up in the water. That was some big splash, for Nick was so heavy. Rachel choked on the water and let go of him. “That’s it,” Rachel said, thinking furiously for a comeback. “that’s it, this is what you get for messing with me.” She inhaled. “OH MY GOD LOOK!!! IT’S NICK CARTER IN THE WATER!!!” She screamed on the top of her voice, toward the land. She turned around to see Nick’s face when a couple of fan girls came for him screaming like mad-priceless. Of course, Nick took off and ran for it, leaving Rachel there in the water laughing her head off.


After a while Nick came back to her looking exhausted with a few scratches over his body. “That was actually cool,” he said after he caught his breath. “thanks for reminding…I need a diet. Now take that.” He flicked water at her. She flicked back, back on the land some people were watching, Kevin didn’t look happy. He stood there watching them, arms crossed.

Brian and AJ joined with a pink beachball. “Don’t ask,” Brian told them. He was slightly thinner than Nick. He goofed around a bit trying to swim with the ball on the top of his head, then Nick got bored and said he want to go surfing. “We got no time today Mister, remember that party?” AJ said. He’s more muscular. “But it’s boring! It’s not even a party, we got no friends there, and you have to say stuff and-” Rachel have no idea what they’re talking about, so she swimed(she tried) back onto the land. She grabbed a towel, wrapped it around herself and sat next to Anie. She didn’t look right. “You OK, An?” she asked. “Looks like he likes you,” she blurted out with a sour face.

“Wha-” Rachel was surprised. She know what’s going on-Anie’s jealous! “It’s nothing Anie! I don’t-I don’t like him, he’s a jerk! I really didn’t mean to-” Rachel tried to explain, but Anie didn’t want to listen. “You get to-this is so unfa-” she got interrupted by Brian, who just came back, “Hey there, I saw you on the plane too!” he said brightly, drying his body and putting on his T-shirt. “What’s your name?”
Anie blushed a bit, but not as much as last time. “I’m Anie.” She smiled and flicked her blond curly hair nervously.

There, she’s happy again-actually she was a bit hyper now. “He’s gorgeous isn’t he?” he said to her dreamily, looking at Brian. “Yeah he is,” Rachel answered without thinking, “too bad he’s taken…he’s real sweet, whoever married him must be lucky.” Anie grinned.

This is Anie. Her mood change in the speed of light. Weird.

Beside them, Howie was fast asleep. Rachel didn’t know anyone that can fall asleep in this weather on a beach before. Kevin was staring at Rachel, but the moment she caught his eyes he jerked away to stare at Nick. Brian was sitting beside them taking pictures in his T-shirt and shorts. “Smile!” he told her and Anie, and took the picture. Then they went over to take a picture with him together. He smelled nice, Rachel noticed. Brian’s such a sweetheart, Rachel found herself thinking.

Nick and AJ are still out there in the water playing with the beachball. “Guys, it’s time to go!” Brian stood up and shouted to them.


They guys headed back to the hotel after saying goodbye. Nick gave her a wink before he left. He got ignored again.

Her and Anie started packing up. Rachel doesn’t mean to eavesdrop, but she just happened to hear every single word the guys said on their way back. Maybe they were a bit close. Maybe they talked too loud.

“Dude…that Rach girl or whatever you call her, who is she, your new gal? How come I’ve never seen her before?” Howie asked, still sleepish. “We met her on the plane, you were sleeping again.” Brian answered, knocking water out of his ears. “She’s cute, if you ask me.” “And what happened today morning?” Howie asked again, “I asked you but you didn’t answer…dude, I thought you did her or something, but it doesn’t look like it.” Nick answered back, he sounds annoyed. “No, it’s serious this time!” “That’s not fair! Kevin dumped juice on your girlfriend! Last time I did that you dumped back…” AJ cried. They got into the hotel so Rachel can’t hear anything more. She ran toward the entrance of the hotel, opened the door and peeked in. They were turning left walking to the elevator. “That’s what you said when you met Paris.” Kevin said, rather coldly. “And how did it turn out? She’s just a pretty face, doesn’t worth a-” “Shut up.” They got into the elevator; Nick and Kevin are starting to shout to each other. Then the door closed.

Fine, she eavesdropped, but…Rachel gone a bit speechless.