- Text Size +
Back in Anie and Rachel’s hotel room. The sun is beginning to set; the beach sparkled like diamond like it did yesterday. Some faint lights of the sun pressed against the window, entering the room through the curtains.

Anie’s planning out the evening beside her. She didn’t tell her what she heard from the guys, mostly afraid. Not just afraid of her being jealous, also…well let’s just say that she usually keeps stuff to herself. All she looked at Nick as is a…not even a friend, some famous selfish guy that she doesn’t really know of. They just met! They barely know eachother, is something wrong with his brain or something, what did he mean by ‘serious’?

Forget it, he’s not taking it seriously. She went with that conclusion. But what about Kevin? He doesn’t like me at all. Maybe I should just-

“RR you okay? You look a bit…dazed,” Anie was scrubbing something down her purple notebook. “I’m fine.” She answered. Still dazing.

From next door there came a faint tune of guitar sound. Anie jumped right up from the couch, “I think it’s Nick playing the guitar!” she looked extremely excited, “want to go next door and listen?” “No! Honestly Anie, what’s so good about him? He’s just a jerk.” Rachel answered carelessly. The room cooled down a bit so Rachel buttoned up her jacket. Anie’s ears went red, “Nick? He’s no jerk! He-” “Alright, alright,” Rachel was a bit annoyed, “fine if you really want to go, go yourself. I’m staying.” She didn’t mean to be rude like that, she just wished that she could tell her everything, how she wished they never met the boys, how much she wanted to spend the vacation with her best friend, according to plan. Nick liking her, Kevin hating her…things are messed up, becoming so complicated.

Anie was angry, she could tell. She sat back down on the couch, didn’t say anything else. They didn’t do anything else that night. They didn’t even talk to each other. Rachel went to bed early again. She felt quite bored and empty inside without Anie talking to her, but she didn’t want to be the one to apologize. It wasn’t her fault.


The next morning Anie wasn’t in her bed when she woke up. Wondering where is she, Rachel got up, took a shower and got dressed. Maybe Anie’s with her parents in their room, Rachel didn’t bother looking for her.

Next door AJ pounded on the wall and shouted, “Hey girls, got any plans today? We’re going out-” “Got the whole day planned, sorry.” Rachel interrupted. Then there came Nick’s voice, “Come on! Come with us! It’s always the five of us, so boring.” “Are you going?” Rachel asked loudly. “Yeah ‘course I am!” Nick answered hopefully. “Then I’m not going.” She said, in a quite cold tone.

Nick didn’t answer. But after 10 seconds he slammed open Rachel’s door and bursted inside. “Don’t you knock?” Rachel squealed at him. “Knock, knock. Whatever.” He sat next to her on her bed. “Listen I gotta talk to you,” he said, staring at her with his blue eyes. “Well maybe I don’t want to listen?” Rachel said coldly. “Get out, and stop bothering me. Why can’t you just leave me alone and let me enjoy my vacation? I might never come here again in my life, I don’t want to spoil it.”

“I don’t mean to spoil your vacation!” Nick said innocently. “I just want to, you know,” he shrugged, “get to know you.”

Maybe it was Nick’s innocent tune and his sparkly blue eyes doing some magic but Rachel doesn’t feel like being mean to him anymore. He didn’t do anything wrong after all, plus he was so nice to her last morning when she got that bloody nose. “What’s your plan? I don’t think Anie’s coming but I’m going.”


“Hey look! Roller coaster!” Nick pointed, “Who wants go for a ride?” They’ve been walking for half an hour just because Nick wanted that stupid roller coaster ride. “I thought you had plans?” Rachel said to him. “Yeah but I forgot what was it.”

Beside them AJ was whining. “I’m wearing boots, Nick, BOOTS! I hate you Nick, you can make me walk but hell no I’m not going.” There was a bench on the sidewalk, he sat down and refused to get up again. “Then I’m out, too.” Kevin said and sat down beside AJ, who took off his boots and started massaging his feet.

“COME ON GUYS! Where’s the spirit? We’re on a vacation!” Nick said, neck going slightly red. “He’s right guys, it’s-” Brian got interrupted by Kevin, “Yeah, you’re always with him aren’t you, no matter what he does.” Kevin said coolly. Somehow Rachel knew what he was talking about by that, it wasn’t about the whole ride thing. Brian stared at him but didn’t say anything else. “Come on Nick. We’re going with you.” Howie looked a bit sleepish but he walked along with them. Rachel wanted to tell them that she doesn’t want to go either but it wasn’t the right time. Also she didn’t want to stay with Kevin on the bench.

They walked toward the ride. It was in this park but it was huge. A bit similar to Disney land. They could see roller coasters, haunted house, and all sorts of rides. She remembered seeing this place on the newspaper but she couldn’t remember the name of this place. She felt herself shivering when they looked up at the roller coaster from the ticket-selling place. “I can’t. Nick I can’t get on there!” She whined. “I’ll stay down here wait for you guys.”

Nick, Brian and Howie all turned to stare at her which made her gulp. “What?” “Stop kidding already, everyone can ride a roller coaster, it’s fun. Except maybe you might pass out if you’re 80 but hey your not so just come.” He grabber her by the wrist but she tried hard to pull it back. “Uhh…I’ll go get the tickets.” Brian said, watching the both of them struggling. “Wait! I’ll go too!” Howie went after him.

“I can’t so don’t make me!” Rachel’s really scared now. She’s never been onto a roller coaster in her life. “Yes you can, you can do anything if you mean it,” Nick said, still pulling her hard. “Me and Brian ride roller coasters until we puked. Just come on!”

After 5 minutes Rachel was sitting next to Nick on the roller coaster, her mouth slightly open. She can’t believe that she’s actually doing this but there she is, sitting on it, heart pounding against her chest. “Alright are you ready for this rock ‘n roll roller coaster ride?” Beside her Nick was putting on his seat belt, rocking around excitedly. “No.” putting on her seat belt too with a shaking hand, Rachel replied with a high-pitched voice. “Don’t you wimp out, we’re already on it now.” He said. “You’re like Aaron. First scared, then end up liking it.” “But I don’t AHHHHHH! NOOOO-”