- Text Size +
“Hey… Nick? You awake?” it was 7 in the morning, Rachel pounded lightly on the wall where Nick’s bed is supposed to be. No answer, she knocked again, harder this time. “What the hell?” someone yelled. “Uhh…you’re not Brian, are you?” Rachel hissed to the wall. “Nah, its chaos. Why did you wake me up? I had this dream and-” “Forget about the dream…Anie! She’s gone and I haven’t seen her for a whole day!” she said, forgetting to press down her voice. “Who, your friend?” Nick yawned. “Yeah. Where could she be? She doesn’t know anyone here!” “That’s weird…” Nick said, sounding more serious. “Yeah…I haven’t even told her parents yet, it’s only been one day…I’ll tell them later, maybe.” She said. “Nick, I’m worried.” “Don’t worry, she’s gonna be fine. It’s only one day after all. Now get some sleep, it’s…holy shit…only 7!” “I’ll try.” She shrugged. “Alright.” She heard Nick blowing her a kiss next door.

Time passed by quicker than Rachel expected. 9’o clock in the morning, she got up, got dressed and walked down slowly to Anie’s parents’ room downstairs. She took the stairs, hoping to take more time.

“Is Anie back yet?” was the first thing they asked when she entered their room. Rachel stepped in and shook her head. “Haven’t seen her since yesterday…” “I’m worried, Dave…where could that kid be?” Mrs. Valle frowned and asked her husband. “Uhh…Mrs. Valle?” Rachel asked softly, “Me and Anie had…sort of a fight the day before that…do you think she’s-” “Nah, I’m sure it’s not because of that…I mean, all friends fights…so what do we do now?” he said. Mrs. Valle stared at him for a while, then said coldly, “Why do I have a feeling that you don’t care about our daughter at all?” Mr. Valle stared back at her strangely. “What? I care about her, of course I do! I’m just not a worry-sick like you, I know she’s grown-up and can take care of herself already-” “Who are you calling a worry-sick?” Mrs. Valle asked loudly. “You! I try my best to-” Rachel felt rather bad and embarrassed starting a fight between Anie’s parents and now standing there watching. She backed up slowly and took the elevator back into her room.

She tried calling Anie again. No luck.

She sat in her room, not knowing what to do. Should she call the cops? But she shouldn’t do it yet until her parents agrees…So she sat there, flipping through Anie’s notebook, thinking hard. “September 22, Surfing at Lucaya Beach, September 23, shopping, September 24…” Anie wrote on her notebook in neat and cursive handwritings. If she’s in trouble…and the last thing we did together before her missing was fighting…Rachel felt even worse.

There was someone shouting something next door, then someone knocked on her door. “Come in,” she said. No surprise, it was Nick, but followed by AJ. “Hi.” She said to them. “What’s up.” AJ said and sat down on a chair, putting his feet up on the table. Nick sat on the couch.

“So, did you tell her parents?” Nick asked. “Yeah…they haven’t decided what to do, yet.” Rachel sighed. “Wait, what was her name again, Anie, right?” AJ suddenly asked. “Uh-huh.” “Well, you gotta do something. Call the cops.” He suggested. “Yeah…I will.”

Outside someone was calling AJ’s name, he stood up, bursted out of the room and ran down the hall in his boots.

Nick came to sit beside her on the bed, “Come on, it’s ok, we’ll find her. Stop being a worry-sick already.” “Who are you calling a worry-sick?” Rachel stared. “My toe. You! Who else? It’s only one night! She can take care of herself.” Rachel laughed slightly. It’s funny how all guys’ brains work the same way. “But what if she’s in trouble?” she said. “And what can you do about it right now? Nothing, right?” Nick said, “So instead of worrying why don’t you just sit back and hang. I’ll see ya later.” He disappeared into the hall.

Rachel wanted to tell him how much better he made her feel. She picked up her cell phone and dialed Mrs. Valle’s number once more.



“And hair color?” “Blonde.” “You guys got any pictures of her that can help us searching?” “Oh I have one, here…”

The cops were here, standing at the doorway of Anie’s parent’s room. Rachel’s there with them too. “Her cell phone number? Does she have one?” the officer asked. He wrote some more after Rachel told him Anie’s number. “Any other informations?” “No, I think that’s it.” Mrs. Valle answered and sniffed. Beside her Mr. Valle was biting his lips hard. “Ok, we’ll contact you guys as soon as we see any signs of her.” The officer said. “Yes, thank you so much…” Mrs. Valle answered and walked back into the room. “Where could she be…oh An…”

They almost spent the whole afternoon talking to the officer. Now it’s 5’o clock, the sun is setting again. Rachel was back in her own room. She thought this was going to be a perfect vacation, she thought it was going to be fun…all the excitement of being in the Bahamas has died away since Anie was missing. She was depressing thinking that they are going to spend the whole month looking for Anie. What if they can’t find her? It’s gonna be worse.

She peeked out of her window. A blonde guy was sitting on a bench by the beach, playing his guitar. It was Nick. She rushed toward the elevator, Nick was right, why doesn't she sit back and hang when there's nothing she can do about it?

It was cool outside, slightly colder than yesterday. She walked toward the bench Nick was sitting on. He was playing a slow and catchy melody, humming along with the music. She sat next to him as quiet as possible, not wanting to intterupt him. He hesitated, then continued on playing the song.

"Hey, what's up." he said, after it was over. Rachel clapped her hands, "Wow, that was awesome...you should add lyrics to it." "That's what I'm trying to do here, but everything's kinda fucked up lately so...can't really think of any..." he said, scratching his head. "What's going on?" Rachel asked curiously. "Kevin's pissing me off again." He simply said. Rachel knew what this is all about-it's about her. Great, now Nick and Kevin are having a fight because of her. She didn't dare to ask about it. She didn't want to tell him that she overheard them talking. "That's because, you know, he cares about you guys." she said in a careless way. The sky grew red like fire, the two people that were swimming took their stuff and went back into the hotel. Nick started playing another slow song. Then the melody suddenly changed, and he started singing along the music, "There was a farmer who had a dog, and Bingo was his name..." Rachel laughed and started singing along.

Why is he suddenly being...so cute? He's a cool guy, Rachel was suprised she never noticed it in the past few days. She turned to look at him-he had pretty blue eyes with long eyelashes, blonde and messy hair- Rachel can tell he's not taking careof his hair like Brian does, but somehow she find the messy hair cute on him. "B, I, N, G- What are you staring at?" he suddenly cracked up and slapped her lightly in the arm. "I'm not staring!" She chuckled. He stared back at her. Then he turned to look at the beach- The sun's beginning to dissapear behind the horizon. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Rachel turned to watch, too. "Yeah. Like you." Nick answered.

Rachel can't help herself from smiling widely.



A/N: yeah, pretty busy these days so can't update too often, hope you liked this chapter, leave a review or die! jk