- Text Size +
AJ, Kevin, and Howie returned to their room and Kevin lowered Ashley gently on to his bed. Once he did so he paced back and forth. All three men looked down at her. Ashley had begun trembling again and now she was making whimpering sounds.
"We have to take her to the hospital wing", Howie said.
"No, if we leave her there we can't stay every single minute. That Denny guy could walk right in when we're not there and..", he started.
"What the fcuk, what about Denny?" AJ said with the anger rising in his voice.
"He's kind of perverted..", Kevin replied. He knew that Ashley hasn't told anyone about her awkward encounters with the elderly man. Kevin motioned for them to sit on the bed where Ashley was laying, making sure he was closest to her and told them about Denny.
"He comes out of no where and always stops to talk to Ashley", Kevin finished as he moved a strand of her long brown hair from her face. Just as he did so, someone opened the door and came in.
"Hey guys me and Leigh were..What happened to her!?" Brian asked worriedly. Again, Kevin gave an abbreviate version of what had happened to them at the gym and sighed.
He ran a hand through his brown hair and took a deep breathe, "I wish she would just wake up", he said with his voice shaking. She was in so much pain. Ashley was still making the sounds of whimpering and it killed Kevin.
"She will." AJ reassured but still holding in his anger at the fact that Dee wasn't there by her side and the fact that they were both falling for his friends. He was never able to keep a tight reign on them but as they grew older the task grew more difficult.
"We should go get someone from the hospital", Leigh said.
"No! I'm not putting her there where Denny could just walk right in and do whatever the fcuk he wants!" Kevin growled, before AJ had a chance to respond.
"I'll tell you all about it", Howie said, responding to the confused looks on Brian and Leigh's faces while gesturing them out of the room.
"How the fcuk do we plan on getting out of here?" AJ said.
"I don't know", Kevin looked back over at Ashley and placed his hands on her shoulders in an attempt to calm her trembling. After failing to do so, he brushed his fingers over her quivering lips.
"She's in such pain", he said softly.
AJ turned to him and frowned, "We have to get her downstairs. They'll know what to do..", he started.
Before Kevin had the chance to answer he heard a small faint voice behind him, "No", she gasped, "Don't leave me.." The voice shook.
They both whipped their heads to the direction of Ashley, "Ashley!". Kevin smiled and pulled her into a hug. AJ walked and sat on the opposite side of the bed. Ashley went to sit up but grimaced when a shooting pain traveled thru her back and head. AJ pushed her gently back down.
"I'm so cold..", she shivered.
"C'mere", Kevin leaned against the headboard of the bed and pulled Ashley against himself.
"Kevin..", AJ warned. Kevin shot him a glare.
"Please don't fight", she pleaded and snuggled up against Kevin. Her body still shivered.
"Do you feel okay?" AJ asked, running his hand through her hair.
"My head and back are killing me. I don't think I could stand..even if..I ... tried", Ashley gasped for air on those last few word.
"Sh, don't talk. Just rest.", AJ said softly.
"Dee?" She asked.
"I'll go find her", AJ stood up and kissed her lightly on the cheek before leaving the room. He clenched his fists tightly, becoming slightly agitated with Dee for leaving.
Ashley cuddled even closer to Kevin as tears rolled down her cheeks slowly.
"Are you okay?" He asked, holding her even tighter and kissing her forehead.
"I'm scared", she raised both of her wrists revealing the bruised fingerprints that appeared around both.
"This isn't from you, whatever..held..my..wrists", she couldn't finish her sentence but Kevin knew what she was going to say anyways.
"You think its from..", Kevin started.
"I don't know. I'm just..terrified", she whispered as another tear rolled down her cheek.
Kevin carressed her cheek with his fingertips and Ashley turned her head to place a soft kiss on them.
Ashley raised her head slowly and Kevin leaned down, pushing his lips onto her's for the second time since they had met. She layed completely flat on her back and Kevin raised himself over her then continued to kiss her even more passionately. As the kiss grew, so did the passion. For awhile they both forgot about the danger they and all their friends were in.
Ashley stopped and pushed him away, "Not here, not right now." Kevin raised himself above her and looked down, directly into her brown eyes.
"Sorry", he smiled sweetly.
"No, I want to but not here. Not under these circumstances", she whispered.
"I understand", he rested his head against the pillow next to her.
Ashley turned slowly onto her side, ignoring the pain in her back and smiled, "Kevin, can you promise me something?"
"What", he asked, placing his hand on her cheek and rubbing away the stray tears that fell with his thumb.
"Promise to not let anything happen to me." She said.
He pulled her close and she nuzzled her face into his chest, "I promise."
For a moment, Kevin held her in his arms. Feeling a sense of overwhelming yet satisfying joy flood into him. The passion they shared was undeniably true. Within the matter of minutes they both fell asleep, again the exhaustion became too much to handle and it had caught up with them.
From outside the door he stood, listening to everything going on in the room. Finally the talking had subsided, he opened the door just a bit and poked his head through, "True love can only help so much when fate takes control...", but the couple in bed didn't hear a single sound.