- Text Size +
Ashley sat there with a ‘deer in headlights’ expression on her face, “Ashley, get out of the bed right now!” AJ spat. Ashley hurriedly got out of bed and Kevin got up with her.
“Let’s get this the fcuk over with”, Kevin sighed.
“Alex, Dee and I have told you numerous times that no matter how hard you try we will date who we want.”
“Did you two..?”
“No! We just met! I know you think Dee and I are prostitutes but we’re not dumb!” Ashley spat.
“WELL THIS IS JUST FCUKIN GREAT!” He yelled.
“Alex, my head is pounding! Can we not yell!?” Ashley asked slightly agitated.
“Sorry. Why do you two feel the need to go against everything I say to you?”
“It’s not that Alex, we just get annoyed sometimes. You smother us to put it plainly.”
“I smother you?” He asked. Both girls nodded in unison.
“How about you? We talked about this and you seemed fine with it.” Ashley crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot.
“You both just stay away from my cousins! You hurt them and I swear it’ll be the last thing you do!” AJ warned.
Kevin walked towards AJ, towering over him and crossed his arms over his chest, “Oh really?”
“Seriously Kev, don’t try to use that height thing to intimidate me.”
Howie walked thru the already open door of his room, noticing how thick the tension was, “What’s going on?”
“Oh, nothing at all! AJ has just lost his mind”, Nick quipped sarcastically.
“You little punk!” AJ stalked towards him and grabbed his shirt with one hand while using the other to make a fist.
“ALEX, NO!” Dee yelled, attempting to pull AJ away.
“EVERYONE JUST CALM THE FCUK DOWN!” Howie yelled. Ashley put her hand to her head and frowned. Kevin put his arm around her and pulled her close to him. Silence filled the room as everyone looked at Howie. They never heard him raise his voice before and they were in awe.
“Now, three people have been nearly killed. What does a stupid little argument have anything to do with the emergency at hand”, his voice was much calmer now.
AJ couldn’t deny the fact that he was right. He could deal with the girls later but right now the most important thing was getting out of this resort. Within minutes everyone, minus Paris, was in Kev, Howie, and AJ’s hotel room.
“Like I told AJ before, these ghosts obviously attack girls first.”
“Yeah, wait..where’s Paris?” Ashley asked.
“Yeah Nick, she’s your girlfriend and you didn’t notice she was gone?” Brian smirked.
“She went shopping”, Nick rolled his eyes.
“How do we get out of here?” Dee asked.
Everyone fell silent again, they thought really hard, “I have an idea”, Nick smiled.
“What?” Ashley said sarcastically.
“A plane!”
“Great, idea. Oh, just one thing..IT’S FCUKIN RAINING!” Ashley yelled then frowned as she felt a shooting pain in her head.
“Ash, calm the hell down!” AJ ordered.
They fell silent once again, thinking hard for a plan of action, “How about we get back to the US!” Nick laughed, Dee giggled as well.
“NICK! SHUT UP!!” AJ growled.
“Alex, calm the hell down”, she said, mocking his voice almost perfectly.
“Let’s get serious now”, Kevin ordered while sitting at the edge of the bed where no more that 10-15 minutes ago he and Ashley slept. She sat beside him and rested her head on his shoulder. They actually thought things thru but nobody could come up with anything.
“Anybody have anything –“, Dee was interrupted by the flickering lights. Ashley squealed and latched her arms around Kevin in a tight grip. Soon, everything went black.
“Guys?” Ashley’s voice shook.
“The lights went out. Let’s try and get a flashlight”, AJ said.
Everyone stood up cautiously as they couldn’t see anything. Ashley grabbed Kevin’s arm even tighter. Dee latched onto Nick, “The lights went out”, Nick stated.
“Seriously Nickolas, shut up!” Leighanne yelled.
“Everyone be quiet!” AJ hissed.
“Ouch! Dee, you stepped on my foot!” Ashley whispered.
“Sorry”, she replied.
He turned the corner, all the while smiling when he heard the voices of his hotel goers. Once spotting them he quickened his space and reached his arm out, gripping the closest hand.
“Kevin! Something grabbed me!” Ashley whispered nervously and hugging Kevin.
“I’m sorry, did I frighten you again?” The all to familiar voice asked.
“Denny, for the love of God. Stop sneaking up on us!” AJ spat.
“I’m terribly sorry, I just thought you’d want these”, he said, passing Ashley and AJ two flashlights. “You all should remain in your rooms..it’s much safer.” Denny smiled, revealing his yellow teeth.
“Thanks”, AJ said suspiciously.
“I’m..umm..going to the basement to check the fuses now.” Everyone nodded to Denny and continued walking.
“This hotel is a lot scarier when the lights are off”, Ashley whispered gripping Kevin’s hand even tighter.
“Yeah, it makes me think of this one movie I saw”, Dee started.
“Here we go again..” Ashley snickered.
The group finally made it down to the lobby and sat on the couches, “Someone call Paris and tell her to get her heiress ass back here!” Brian said with a laugh.
“I left a message on her voicemail..” Nick said to nobody in particular.
“Oh, so do you care about her a little?” AJ laughed.
“Shut up!” Nick and Dee said in unison.
Suddenly they heard laughter, an eerie laugh. Everyone froze in their spots, feeling like the laughter engulfed them.
“Alex, please tell me that you’re re-living those Larger than Life days?” Ashley’s voice shook.
“That wasn’t me..”