- Text Size +
Ashley, AJ, Howie and Kevin headed up the stairs to their rooms. The commotion of the night finally hit them and they dragged their feet, exhausted. Once they reached the far end of the hall where their rooms were they came to a stop. AJ turned to Dee and Ash's room.
"Night Kev, Night Howie", he said.
"AJ, no", Ashley grabbed his arm and look up at him with pleading eyes, "I don't want to sleep in here tonight. Let's go to your room. Please."
"Fine, I'll go clean up the mess in there. Wait outside, right here", he ordered.
"No! Are you crazy. Whoever is doing this to us knows we're in that room. We'd be stupid to go back in there. Just leave it." Ashley hissed.
"She's right, AJ." Kevin added.
"Alright, come on", AJ grabbed Ashley's arm and led her into their room,"I'm gonna go change. I'll be right back." AJ said, turning into the bathroom.
Ashley wrapped her arms tightly around herself and sighed. Without thinking she fell onto Kevin's bed and curled up in a ball.
"Ash, do you really wanna test AJ right now?" Howie warned.
"We talked earlier", she yawned, "I'm a big girl, I don't need him telling me what to do." She closed her eyes and fell asleep instantly.
Kevin looked over at Howie and shrugged with a smirk, "He'll get over it", he said. Kevin removed his t-shirt and got under the blankets next to Ashley. Instantly she cuddled against him and he wrapped his arm around her, closing his eyes.
AJ walked out of the bathroom and looked towards Kevin's bed, clenching his fists. He nudge Kevin and glared at him.
"AJ, what the..?? Ashley fell asleep here, I wasn't going to move her after the night we all had. I'm fcukin tired as well, I don't need to deal with your sh!t right now! Get over the fact that we like eachother right now!" He hissed as softly as possible, not wanting to wake Ashley up.
"You try anything and I..", AJ started but Kevin interrupted him.
"Good night AJ", in a firm tone which matched the look in his eyes.
.::.::.::.
Ashley was relieved that she had waken up before AJ. She was definately in no mood for a lecture. All she wanted to do was go see Dee. It was already 8AM. She looked over at Kevin and smiled, remembering the feeling that she had when he held her. She felt invincible almost like nothing could harm her as long as we was there. Ashley smiled again and lightly kissed Kevin's cheek. She rolled out of bed and began waking the three men up.
"Wake up!" She said in a sing song voice.
She looked out the window and heard the thunder and monsooning rain coming down hard, "Well, here's the storm", she mumbled.
Once everyone was done getting dressed and ready , they met up in the lobby again. Everyone looked exhausted and disheveled. Nobody got enough sleep that night but with all the problems from the night before it was impossible to do so.
"Anyone sleep good?" AJ asked, while walking towards the hospital wing. The group just yawned and shook their head. Ashley had her arm linked with Kevin's as they walked into the room where Nick and Dee were sleeping. As they walked in Paris's face fell when she saw them sleeping, their fingers interlocked together. She nudged Nick awake causing both to open their eyes.
"Hey guys!" Nick said.
"Hi!" Ashley ran to Dee's side and gave her a tight hug, "I have so much to tell you", she whispered in her ear.
"How's your hand, Nick?" Kevin asked.
"Okay, it still hurts but I'll live", he laughed.
"Well, now that I know you'll live let me ask you this. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HOLDING HER HAND?"
"She was scared!" Nick defended.
"Don't give me that sh!t, that's all you've been saying since we talked last night!"
"It's true", Dee chimed in. Paris rolled her eyes and walked out of the hospital room.
"Is she always this pleasant in the morning?" Ashley said sarcastically.
.::.::.::.
"I slept in AJ, Kev, and Howie's room and I was going to sleep in AJ's bed but I slept with Kevin.." Ashley whispered softly, not wanting Nick to hear. Even though he was oblivious to everything considering the heated discussion he and Paris were having.
Dee's eyes widened, "With AJ in the SAME room!?"
"No, stupid! I just slept in bed with him. We didn't do anything!"
"Oh, I was gonna say..", she started but was interrupted by the hospital door opening. It was the old, leather faced man again.
"Hello, how are you two feeling?" He said.
"Fine, just tired. When can we leave?" Dee asked.
"Not for awhile, the storm will keep going for the rest of the day and possibly into the night", he said, trying to conceal a smirk.
"Well, I better tell the others", Ashley said. Walking hastily to the door and as she opened it and made her way out she felt a tight grip on her hand. Once again it was Denny.
"You can't deny them. The ghosts will have you and your friends, there's no point in running." His tone was a raspy whisper causing Ashley to shudder and the hairs on her arms to raise.
"Let me go..", Ashley heard footsteps behind her and was met with Kevin. Denny pushed her arm causing her to stumble back.
"Denny, you keep showing up out of nowhere and scaring people. Get over it, this hotel's legend is fake", he said sternly. Denny shook his head and as he walked away he mumbled, "You'll be sorry. You all will."
Ashley wrapped her arms tightly around him and shivered, "You're freezing", he said.
"Yeah, I don't know why..", she started, recognizing this feeling.
"I'm gonna go to the hotel's gym. There's nothing better to do and the rain doesn't look like it will be stopping anytime soon."
"Kevin, wait. Something about Denny is strange, I get this wierd feeling when I'm around him", she admitted.
"Yeah, he's a perv", Kevin said.
"No, I mean he's strange. He says all this stuff about the dead. Like, how they'll disturb us. Or something like that..anyways, what about what happened to Nick and Dee? Huh?"
"They were seeing what they wanted to see, it was nothing."
"No! It doesn't make sense, Dee wouldn't lie about that. She's a scaredy cat..well so am I..but anything to do with something like that she would never lie about."
"You're letting your fear get to you", he hugged her tightly.
"KEVIN", frustration overwhelmed her, "That message on the mirror? That was my name! Kevin, whoever wrote that wrote it in REAL blood. I thought it was a joke but it's not. That blood was real!"
"So what're you saying? You actually believe all that crap Nick was saying?"
"I'm not saying I believe it but what I am saying is we should not write Nick's internet stories off..just yet. We never let him finish so let's just hear him out", the exasperation was clear in her tone of voice.
"We'll talk to Nick later. I'm going to the gym, do you want to come with me?"
"Will you help me get the rest of them to talk to Nick?" Kevin nodded, and they walked towards the gym.
Kevin was on one end lifting weights while Ashley was on the other end running on the treadmill. Every once in awhile they would look at eachother and smile. Ashley began to relax considering nothing wierd or scary has happened since her last encounter with Denny. She thought this a little too soon, though. As she ran, she increased her speed just a little to go into a fast jog. As her time progressed she saw the treadmill going faster without her pressing any buttons. Ashley went to press the off the button but something held her wrists against the upper bars of the treadmill. An unexplainable, invisible force held her wrists down tightly. She couldn't break free at all and she begen to panic when she felt herself loosing her balance.
"KEVIN!" She screamed. Kevin whipped his head around and dropped the weights, sprinting as fast as he could across the gym. He tried to pry Ashley's arms off of the bars but it was impossible.
"Let go!" He yelled. The lights began to flicker until they went out completely. It made no sense, the lights were out but the treadmill was still going.
"I can't!" The treadmill was now going as fast as the speed of light and Ashley felt like her heart was beating against her ribs. She swallowed the dry, bitter taste of fear until she lost her balance completely and fell. She slid off the treadmill and her back slammed against the wall. Kevin ran to her side and held her in his arms. Ashley vision went blurry and then went black. The walls around Kevin and her seemed to be closing in and thru the darkness he saw a liquid dripping down the walls. A little splashed against his arm and it was warm.
"AJ!! BRIAN!! HOWIE!!" He shouted but he felt like he was gagging on each word. He reluctantly left Ashley to find help and within seconds he returned to the gym with AJ and Howie. Only now, the gym was brightly lit and there was no trace of the liquid he could've sworn was dripping down the walls. Was he imagining it? No. All three men saw the small brunette curled up at the edge of the treadmill, convulsing violently. They tried to calm her and it worked but she had passed out. Little drops of blood trickled from the back of her head. They picked her up easily and with such care, all silently agreeing that there was definately something not normal about this place. Nick was their last hope for more information. Was he right?