- Text Size +
Nick smiled as he stepped out of the hospital wing and into the lobby. Today would be another sunny… There was a crash. Nick whipped his head to face the window. Rain poured down it in streaks, blotting out the view and the sky altogether. He frowned. Wasn't Mexico supposed to be all about fun in the sun? About watching girls in swimsuits? Nick clenched his fist and sighed, how he detested the rain.
"Isn't it monsoon season?" Deanna questioned, appearing behind him.
Nick chuckled, "You know Mexico doesn't have a monsoon season."
Deanna blinked, "But everyone said it was raining…"
Nick put his head in his hand and started laughing uncontrollably. He managed to quiet himself as tears formed in the corners of his eyes.
Deanna put her hand out, "Are you okay?" Her hand shook a little in her worry.
"Funny…" Nick chuckled.
"What?"
"You were so…" Nick burst into laughter again. "…Serious… I couldn't…" Nick grabbed his sides as his laughter continued, "It was… ow…" He continued to laugh.
"Did you hurt your hand!?" Deanna shrieked.
Nick continued to chuckle a little, "I got a cramp in my side."
Deanna giggled with him. Nick then smiled and grabbed her arms tightly. Deanna blinked. His blue eyes stared through her once more. When he was serious… He was… Domineering… She gasped at the sexy manner of his forcefulness. Part of her wanted to let him take her into his arms and never let go. But…
"Hey…" he started.
Deanna looked up at him and put her hands on top of his, "What?"
Nick leaned down and kissed her cheek. Deanna blushed. His lips were so soft and inviting. If only… If only Paris didn't exist… Then they could be together…
Nick chuckled a little, "Don't be so modest…" He pulled her closer to him and held her tightly within his arms; she couldn't escape before he finished talking, "I don't know if that ghost was real or not… But I meant what I said yesterday…"
"That we…"
"It's our secret…" Nick whispered, brushing her lips gently.
Deanna blinked, "A secret?"
Nick let out a low laugh, but stifled it by brushing his lips against her once more. "Can't keep a secret, can you?"
Deanna bit her lip, "No, I can… But…"
Nick put a finger to her lips and released her from his embrace. "Someone's coming…"
AJ, Howie, Kevin ran over to Nick and Deanna. Kevin held Ashley in his arms tightly. She struggled to breathe as her body shook.
"ASHIE!" Deanna shrieked.
Nick stepped back in alarm, "What's going on?"
Kevin's eyes narrowed as the panic in his voice grew. He struggled with the words a little as his voice reached a feverous pitch, "Quick! Was there anything else on the internet!?"
Nick pondered for a moment, "Apparently aliens also crash landed in Delaware…"
"That's not what I meant!" Kevin snapped, he was already losing patience with Nick.
Nick shuddered a bit.
Kevin put his hand to his head. "Look, I'm sorry, we're all just a little bit tense right now…" Kevin took a breath, but even that didn’t calm his voice and shaking nerves, "About this resort! Was there anything else about this resort?!"
Nick pondered again and put his hand to his chin. After a few minutes, he finally answered, "It's only a fifteen minute drive to the ocean…"
AJ grabbed Nick's shoulders, "This is an emergency! Stop being an idiot!"
AJ continued to shake Nick violently as Kevin continued to yell at Nick. "There was blood on the walls and the power went out!"
Nick shoved AJ and spat, "God, are you trying to make me barf?" Nick composed himself for a minute, then shook his head in disbelief. "You saw blood on the walls too?"
"Too?" Howie questioned, "What does that mean?" He turned to Kevin, “You saw blood on the walls?”
Kevin stood in silence clutching Ashley to his chest. This was taking too long... Was it all a joke to Nick? Didn't he care that someone might be dying right before his eyes, within Kevin's arms. He pulled Ashley close and tried to calm her shaking. It seemed his embrace comforted her painc stricken body. Her shaking slowed, then stopped as Nick pondered Howie's question. At least... At least she wasn't in so much pain, but.. But she was still unconcious! Nick's voice interrupted Kevin's thoughts...
Nick crossed his arms, "I really couldn't see… Thought it might just be my imagination… I thought they were bleeding, but…"
"Why didn't you say something?" AJ asked crossly.
"Because you all called me crazy anyway…" Nick glared at him.
"Nick, are you sure there's nothing else?!" Kevin questioned sternly as well as in alarm.
Nick threw up his hands. "I don't know, okay?! Everything I have already told you is all I know! Why won't you just get off my back already!?"
"Then… what are we gonna do?" Howie asked, his voice panic-stricken.
Nick scowled and started walking away, "Screw you guys! I'm going to get dressed. Who cares what you do!"
Deanna stood there dumbfounded for a minute. Ashley was in pain, but… Nick was in pain too… She put her hands near her chest and turned to AJ quickly. "Ummm… When she wakes up, will you tell Ashie that I seem to have lost her shoe outside?"
AJ shook his head in confusion, "What!? This is an emergency and all you care about is a stupid shoe!?!" He turned to face Deanna but she was already running quickly in Nick's direction.
"I'm going to change too!" Deanna called.
"Don't go in your room!!" Howie tried to stop her.
“Forget about your room, don’t go anywhere! Your sister—”
"It's okay! See you!" Deanna called.
AJ grumbled and punched the wall. "That little prostitute!! What's she thinking!?"
"Prostitute?" Howie questioned.
AJ growled, "How can she just run after him like that?"
Kevin shook his head, “I think you’re getting angry at her for the wrong reasons, but she should stay here. Ashley needs her! That’s so selfish!”
AJ let out a low growl.
Kevin managed to calm his voice for a moment, then looked around, "Anyway, it's not safe here. Let's go back up to our room and discuss a plan of action…"
Howie nodded in agreement, "That's probably best."
AJ grumbled and followed behind them, hands in his pockets the whole way. His anger set a gloomy mood on the hotel. But, perhaps, that mood was not so farfetched from reality…

Nick reached out to touch the doorknob. He pulled his hand back and bit his lip. The constant pouring of rain down the windowpanes made this place even darker. The flashes of lightning and the rolling thunder jolted his heart. He put his head down. Somewhere… In this hallway, he could feel it. There was someone else there… Nick shook it off and proceeded to open his door, when he felt warmth surrounding him. He turned around quickly to find Deanna's had nestled between his shoulder blades and her arms wrapped tightly around his chest. He let out a sigh of relief and leaned his head back, putting one hand over hers. He cupped her fingers and glanced at her with his eyes, "You almost gave me a heart attack."
Deanna rubbed her face against his back and squeezed him tightly with her arms. "If I were a ghost, I'd just kill myself."
Nick began laughing again, "Too late for that."
Deanna giggled a little.
"You really don't have a clue, do you?" Nick grinned.
Deanna smiled and closed her eyes, "I only understand what's really important."
Nick laughed as he wrapped his fingers around her thighs and lifted her. She was light as a feather. The angel in this stinking hell of darkness. Deanna held onto Nick tighter, pressing her chest against his back and squeezing his own. Nick removed one hand from her thigh and opened the door to his room. "Paris!" he called.
Deanna heart began to beat wildly. Only the booming thunder covered its quickening pounding.
"Relax," Nick smiled, "If she were here, I'd just put you down." He stopped in front of the dresser where a note was scribbled on a piece of paper. He held it in his hands, "Gone shopping, huh? In this weather," he shook his head, "That woman really is clueless." He crumpled the paper in his fist and tossed in into the nearby garbage. He lowered Deanna to the floor.
Deanna lowered her head, "I know, I really shouldn't be in here… I just wanted…"
Nick picked her up suddenly and thrust her onto the bed. She hit it with a bounce lay with her arms outstretched staring up at Nick. He was so strong… He was like the Norse god Thor who could lift his heavy hammer with one hand. Her breathing quickened as she stared up at him removing his collard shirt and tossing it to the ground, it was discarded trash. Was this a symbol of his feelings for Paris? The yellow shirt was the beautiful blonde woman…
Nick sat on top of Deanna and pulled her head toward his own. He caressed her lips. She tired to pull her head away, but he held it in place with his strong hand. Deanna gripped Nick's shoulder and managed to draw her head away. She turned to one side, pulling her eyes away and her heart. AJ was right, she was stupid… He had a girlfriend… Even if he had changed his feelings… What was to stop him from doing the same thing to her… Still… He was like good champagne. When she was with him, she felt warmth… She could be herself, however bubbly and idiotic she wanted… But when it was over… It only hurt worse… Nick was undeterred by her response; he began caressing her neck with his lips. Deanna released her hand from his shoulder and lay in submission. Her head still turned away, her heart still grasping for something different… No, better than his secret…
Nick pulled away and leaned over her, "What's with the spurn?" He chuckled quietly, "This isn't your first time is it?"
She continued to look away from him, "If you can laugh so casually, then you can answer your own question…"
"Ouch." Nick chuckled.
She rose her hand, "It's not a joke!"
Nick shot his hand toward hers, it was like a bullet. He gripped his fingers around her wrist, "Don't turn out to be like her."
Deanna blinked and turned toward him. His eyes pulled her in once more, those orbs of blue beauty.
Nick growled in disgust, "I'm tried of those women, they think they can run about and do whatever they want. If you give them a gift, its' never good enough. They only want more and take and take and take. Where's the love?"
Deanna curled her fingers down and relaxed her hand and Nick still held it tightly.
"I thought you weren't like that. You may be a hopeless ditz, even a bit stupid, but I wanted that!" Nick pulled her closer, "I wanted someone who wouldn't call me an idiot! Who listened to everything I said! Someone who cared about me!"
"Nick… it's only been one day… I can't tell you I care about you already…" Deanna bit her lip, "Of course I'm attracted to you… And I mean, I like what I see so far, but…" She swallowed, those longing blue eye continued to pull her in, she just wanted to lose herself within them. "Aren't you getting ahead of yourself…?"
"I'm attracted to you too!" Nick exclaimed, "I want you!"
Deanna closed her eyes and turned her head sadly, "Is that all you want?"
"Of course not!" Nick stammered, "But… I want you to know I'm devoted to you…"
"Then don't make me be your secret anymore…" Deanna choked, "If you love me, just come right out and say it!"
Nick turned his head.
Deanna lowered her eyes, "I thought so…" She wrestled her hand free from Nick's grip and tried to push him away. He was an unmovable rock, she was trapped. "Get off me, I'm going to my room," she told him crossly.
Nick's hand shook as he grabbed her head once more wrapped the other around her back. He pulled her closer into his warm embrace and held her tightly. He pushed his lips against hers. Deanna's eyes narrowed as she tried to push him away. He refused to let her go. His arms were unbreakable chains.
Nick pulled his lips away, but held her tighter as he did. "Don't be my secret anymore then…" He kissed her again. "When Paris comes back…" Nick kissed her again as he lay her back on the bed, "I'll tell her everything…"
Deanna blinked, "Really?"
Nick nodded and kissed her again, each time he leaned in, the brief moments lasted longer. "I'll tell AJ too…"
Deanna lay one hand on the back of Nick's head and clenched his shoulder with the other one and he pulled her back toward his lips. "Then we can be together?"
"Forever…" Nick caressed her lips.
"You'll never let me go?"
"Never…"
"Nick…" She tightened her grip on him.
"I love you…"
Deanna let out a short breath from her lips as Nick pulled her closer. He connected them to each other. They became each other. Where did one end and the other begin? What was hers, was his… He could taste her, she was like Heaven and he only wanted more. He pulled away from her for a brief moment and swallowed.
"We'll live and die together… Intertwined…"
Deanna shut her eyes and pulled him back down, "Don't say that here…"
Nick laughed as his lips stopped before her face, "Nothing can kill me… I'm invincible…" He caressed her lips once more, pulling her back into him. They found warmth and peace inside the darkness and the clamor of the storm outside.