- Text Size +
Not more than a week had gone by and Carmen was now 18 years old, and free to do whatever she wanted to do with her life Carmen heard her phone ring.


“Hello?”


“Hey C…its Kevin…I …I was wondering if we could talk…it was about the party I couldn’t stop thinking about after it was over…is it all right if I come over? Or if we could just go somewhere its really entirely up to you” Kevin said. Carmen sat there and could only imagine what Kevin had to say. The thought of him and her already started to clutter her mind.


“Yea, sure my mom isn’t home so I guess you could come over”


“Sounds good I’ll be there in about 30 minutes”


“Okay see you then”



~~~


Kevin arrived at Carmen’s house just a short time later. She never had thought in a million years anything like this would ever happen. Carmen walked to the door and opened it and saw Kevin standing there with a dozen red roses.


“Carmen we need to talk” Kevin said stepping into the house and handing her the roses.


“I know you said it was something about the party”


“Yes, yes it is do you remember when we were up in the instrument room and we almost kissed?”


“Yes…”


“I just don’t know if it will work Carmen…I am 12 years older than you I mean I just don’t know I would I guess feel so old being with something who is A LOT younger than me” Kevin explained.


“Kevin I don’t see how age could matter I don’t care that you are 12 years older than me hell…even if you were 15 I think there would still be somewhat of a chance. I feel the ‘connection’ between us ever since you brought me into the studio in the first place.”


“I see what you are getting at but what about the other guys? The media the fans? What about them?”


“Fuck them Kevin. The guys…will…will just have to live with it all right? And the media and the fans? Let’s just not say anything until something gets serious and then we will take it from there that’s all I can think of” Carmen walked closer to Kevin.


“Are you just sure that this will work? What if we just kind of hide it from everyone? Including the guys. Do they really have to know?”


“We could but Howie and Nicky are already onto us…it wont take long for the others”


“I guess you are right”


“So does this mean we can now officially I guess ‘see’ each other?” Carmen giggled.


“Yes…yes I think so”