- Text Size +
Yet another month had gone by Carmen’s album was almost done…just two more songs would make up the 10 more songs on her new solo album. Carmen was excited to be getting ready to go on tour with the guys.


“So guys how are we going to do this tour?” Nick asked. .


“I don’t exactly know…I don’t know what we are going to open with on the Millennium tour we opened with Larger Than Life we could open I guess with Everyone? I mean it’s about the fans and then go right into Larger Than Life after that?” Kevin suggested. The rest of the guys nodded their heads,” What do you think Carmen?” .


“I really don’t know? I guess it’s a good idea? I really don’t know the music…sadly to say. As long as I have known Nick I just never really paid attention because I just knew him as Angel’s brother not the famous Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys. But it’s not up to me really” Carmen said. .


“Big help there Carmen. I guess it’s Everyone that just makes sense to me that’s all” .


“You’re right but what about you Carmen? Do you know what you are opening with? And your costumes? All that good stuff?” AJ asked. .


“Yes I do…no one knows…it’s really a surprise…nobody knows but me…all my wardrobe has been picked out and I know what I am going to do. You’ll just have to wait for opening night won’t you?” Carmen giggled. .


“You won’t even tell me?” Kevin smiled. .


“Nope not even you, Nick, Brian, Howie or AJ…I repeat NO ONE!” Carmen exclaimed. Carmen turned to Nick who was giving her an odd look “Why are you looking at me funny Nick? Did I do something funny, weird, what?” .


“Can I talk to you in private?” .


“Yea, sure I guess” Carmen and Nick walked into the other room,” What’s wrong Nick?” .


“I know about you and Kev” .


“You do?” .


“Yes, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later C…it was only a matter of time. I saw the way you were always sitting on him, hanging on him…please it was only a matter of time before all the feeling evolved…I promise I am not going to tell AJ and the guys…I don’t think they have caught on…but I have known you forever it seems like and believe me I have picked up on it. But be careful when the media and especially the media, the fans, probably won’t care but when the media finds out that you are only 18 they will just have a hey day. Just try and keep a low profile if you ever do go out with Kev in public all right?” Nick explained to Carmen. .


“Nick I know…we talked about this last month when we first started dating. I have gone out with him in public many times. No one really knows who the hell I am my songs aren’t even on the radio yet Nick. And if they start to ask questions then they start to ask questions…it comes with the territory of dating a super rock star or whatever you call it…I do know what I am getting myself into Nicky” .


“But when you ARE played on the radio is what I am worried about. He’s 29 and you are 18…11 years apart.” .


“So what 11 years apart?” .


“Media makes a big deal about these kinds of things” .


“Well I don’t think they should it’s not like I am going to marry the guy or anything so why so they make a big deal out of it?” .


“Because they are the media and they can” .


“Fine, whatever I will be careful” .


“Anyway, here are some of our albums…I know you don’t have any and I thought you should at least get familiar with it before the tour starts up in like 2 months” .


“Thanks Nick…tell Kevin I had to go home and write one more song for the album and I will be satisfied tell Kev for me please?” .


“All right I will I’ll more than likely see you tomorrow we have to talk about the tour still and you are kind of well important” Nick laughed. .


“Yea, yea I know I am already figured out I just get to sit around and listen to you guys” .


“True well I will let you go and do whatever you were going to ho and do see you tomorrow?” .


“Bye Nick” .


“I think she is mad at me,” Nick said to himself as he walked back into the other room,” Sorry guys Carmen had to go…she says she was going to go and write one more song for the album and then she would be satisfied we’ll see her tomorrow though,” he said. Nick noticed the glare coming from Kevin. .


“What did you do?” Kevin mouthed, .


“Nothing…Nick said back.



*****
Carmen got into her car and looked down at the collection of Backstreet Boys CD’s she had in her hand. .


“What to listen to first? Ah maybe this one” Carmen popped on the CD in and looked at the back of the case,” As Long As You Love Me? All I Have To Give? Quit Playing Games? I am kind of curious about this As Long As You Love Me…maybe I will listen to it first” Carmen turned it to number 3 on the CD. .



Although loneliness has already been a friend of mine
I’m leaving my life in your hands
People say I’m crazy and that I am blind
Risking it all in a glace
And how you got me blind is still a mystery
I can’t get you out of my head
I don’t care what is written in your history
As long as you’re here with me


I don’t care who you are
Where you’re from
What you did
As long as you love me
Who you are
Where you’re from
Don’t care what you did
As long as you love me


Every little thing that you have said and done
Feels like it’s deep within me
Doesn’t really matter if you’re on the run
It seems like we’re meant to be


I don’t care who you are
Where you’re from
What you did
As long as you love me
Who you are
Where you’re from
Don’t care what you did
As long as you love me


I’ve tried to hide it so that no one knows
But I guess it shows
When you look into my eyes
What you did and where
You’re coming from
(I don’t care)
As long as you love me, baby


I don’t care who you are
Where you’re from
What you did
As long as you love me
Who you are
Where you’re from
Don’t care what you did
As long as you love me



“hmm I like that song…that could get stuck in my head…I wonder how many other good songs are on this CD?” Carmen said out loud to herself


Song Credit "As Long As You Love Me" By: The Backstreet Boys Album: Backstreet Boys