- Text Size +
Carmen walked into the studio the next day 15 minutes late.


“Carmen you’re late…. that’s a first,” Brian joked.


“Sorry I got caught up in my writing it happens…I ended up writing two songs last night and then like three more this morning and I would like to put them all on the album if I could if that’s all right with you guys?” Carmen questioned.


“Yea, sure more the merrier I guess am I right?”


“Yea, and I know we were going to talk about the tour today as well at least that’s what Nicky told me anyway so after we get these songs recorded we can talk about it?”


“Yea sure sounds good to me so what do you got?”


“Well I have this song called I’m With You, Cold Day In July, Wide Open Spaces, Somebody’s Somebody, Who I Am, and One Of These Days”


“And you want all of this?”


“Yes…if possible I just would like to put as many of the songs on there that I wrote as possible just because I am a ‘new’ artist they can see what I can do instead of have everyone write songs for me” she explained.


“I see what you are saying but I believe you have wrote a good chunk of the album and that’s always a good thing as well”


“Yes, it’s a very good thing…now I know we can add the music and stuff later so why don’t we just sing them and do all the other stuff later?”


“Okay that a plan you know the deal” Carmen walked into the booth and out the headphones on.



I’m standing on the bridge
I’m waiting in the dark
I thought that you would be here by now
There’s nothing but the rain
No footsteps on the ground
I’m listening but there’s no sound
Isn’t anyone trying to find me?
Won’t somebody come take me home?


It’s a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won’t you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don’t know who you are
But I
I’m with you


I’m looking for a place
I’m searching for a face
Is there anybody here I know?
Cause nothings going right
And everything’s a mess
And no one likes to be alone
Isn’t anyone trying to find me?
Won’t somebody come take me home?


It’s a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won’t you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don’t know who you are
But I
I’m with you


Why is everything so confusing?
Maybe I’m just out of my mind


It’s a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won’t you take me by the hand?
Take me somewhere new
I don’t know who you are
But I
I’m with you


“That was good Carmen the words were wonderful why don’t we try the wide open spaces now okay?” AJ said.


“Okay”



Who doesn’t know what I’m talking about?
Who’s never left home?
Who’s never stuck out?
To find a dream and life of their own
A place in the clouds a foundation of stone


Many proceed and many will follow
A young girls dreams no longer hollow
It takes the shape of a place out west
But what it holds for her
She hasn’t yet guessed


She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistake
She needs new faces
She knows the highest stakes


She traveled this road as a child
Wide-eyed and grinning she never tired
But now she won’t be coming back
With the rest
If these are life lessons she’ll take this test


She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistake
She needs new faces
She knows the highest stakes


As her folks drive away
Dad yells ‘check the oil’
Mom stares out the window says
‘I’m a leaving my girl’
She says it didn’t seem
Like I left long ago
When she stood there
And let her own folks know


She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistake
She needs new faces
She knows the highest stakes


“Yet another wonderful song Carmen…okay lets come back in here and talk about the tour,” Carmen came out of the sound booth and sat down by Kevin and gave him a smile,” Okay about the tour it’s like two months away what are we going to do for costumes and things?” Kevin asked.


“I don’t know? Anything but those Larger Than Life things for the Millennium Tour” Nick grinned.


“I agree”


“I have an idea? What about leather? Pants I am meaning anyway the whole black and thing and then maybe blue shirts?” Carmen suggested.


“Now that’s my kind of style” AJ chuckled.


“I don’t know leather?”


“It’s something different Kev lighten up there buddy you’re pushing 30!” AJ exclaimed.


“Shut up J…all right I guess we can do that it sounds good to me! And I wanted to do something else maybe like a behind the scene type of thing? For the Millennium tour we flew on those boards at the beginning so why not in the middle? We take them down into our dressing rooms and show them what it’s really like?” The guys looked at one another and didn’t know what to think of the idea.


“Okay I guess what about the stage?”


“I came up for an idea for that…I really liked that circular thing for the Millennium tour…just because we got to see our fans and we were interacting with them. But I was also thinking just a normal stage as well but with act walks or something so we can still interact with the fans.” Nick replied.


“Good idea why don’t we do both?” Howie said,” Like when we are doing the whole behind the scenes? Change clothes and then end up on another stage?”


“But how will we get back to the main stage D? Go through the fans? Are you crazy?” AJ said.


“A bridge” Carmen said.


“What did you say?”


“A bridge…y’all are talking about like interacting with your fans so why not a bridge to go over the fans…like that whole flying thing you were talking about why not walk over them instead?” They all looked at one another again.


“You know what that ain’t a bad idea”


“I have an even better idea for the song to sing as well,” Brian replied, “Time you know look where we are and what we’ve been through time sharing our dreams every little bit of life with you time it goes on an on every day time is what it is come what may…it’s perfect!” Brian exclaimed.


“Good thinking…we’ll worry about what song we’re going to do later, but it all sounds good to me…we just have to get together within the next two months and remember we start rehearsals on Monday well we know most but for the new songs like Everyone, Get Another Boyfriend, Yes I Will, things like that, but I think we a re don’t here though. And Carmen we’ll get those songs recorded tomorrow,” Kevin said.


“All right am I going to rehearsals too? I mean I don’t think I am doing any dancing wait never mind I answered my own question”


“Okay I will see you tomorrow”



Song Credits To " I'm With You" By: Avril Lavgine Album: Let Go & "Wide Open Spaces" By: Dixie Chicks Album: Wide Open Spaces