- Text Size +
Another month as gone by again. The guys’ rehearsals are going good. Kevin and Carmen finally have a day just to spend together. Kevin went to Carmen’s house to pick her up for the day.


“Hey Carmen you waiting for me outside?”


“Mom and I had a little fight before you got here the usual he’s too old for you blah blah blah…as if I didn’t get that enough from Nick”


“What do you mean from Nick? Does he know about us?”


“Yea he’s known for like a month it was that day when I went to go and write those songs Nick gave me one of those ‘ he’s too old for you lectures’ and I didn’t feel like listening to anymore of it. But I think he has the picture though”


“I am glad he didn’t say anything” just then the Kevin’s cell phone rang” Great its Howie…Hello? D just calm down all right? We’ll talk about it… me and Carmen will be over there in about 5 minutes”


“What was that all about?”


“Backstreet meeting they know…and D isn’t exactly happy about it you know how he is…well our day alone has gone to complete waste”


“Yea well I guess we better go to Howie’s house.”



~~~


Kevin and Carmen arrived at Howie’s house not more than 5 minutes later Carmen and Kevin walked up to Howie’s door. Howie opened the door even before Kevin could knock.


“All the guys are here they are in the living room.”


“Nice to see you too Howie” Kevin and Carmen walked into Howie’s living room and sure enough Brian, AJ, and Nick were sitting on the couch.


“Now that we are all here I thought we should discuss Carmen and Kevin”


“D what are you talking about?”


“This…” Howie brought out a magazine with Kevin and Carmen holding hands “ Do you two mind explaining this?”


“What is there to explain Howie? We’re going out…we have been for like 2 months now…Nick knew that’s what Carmen told me anyway. I didn’t even know he knew…don’t make such a big deal about this Howie. We don’t make a big deal when you are your girlfriends are plastered all over every possible magazine now do we so why is this such a big issue?” Kevin said.


“Because she is 18 years old Kevin and you are 30 well almost 30! Eleven years difference you know once the media finds out about this we’ll never hear the end of it”


“Howie, I think you are taking this way out of proportion! It’s not like she’s 17…I mean I could see how that could be an issue but she’s 18 years old Howie. She’s an adult…I repeat an adult! There shouldn’t be any issue what so ever. Does anyone mind backing me up?” Kevin asked.


“I guess I have to agree with Kevin D. It’s kind of stupid. Leighanne is 6 years older than me…would you have made a Backstreet meeting if Leighanne were 11 years older than me? I wouldn’t think you would. So why would this be any different? I think Kev can date whom ever he wants. We can’t just sit here and baby-sit Kev he’s 29 years old D! Let the guy live jeez you are acting like Kev and Carmen are getting married. You aren’t right?” Brian grinned Kevin shook his head no,” Oh good but they are only dating Howie. You ever react way to much and I am sure Nick and AJ agree” Brian said.


“D man I agree with Rok…over reacting they are dating not getting married just chill he’s 29 years old”


“Sorry man I agree with Rok and Kev you are out numbered.”


“I just don’t understand… he’s 11 years older than her I just don’t want the media getting in our faces especially Carmen’s all the questions.”


“Howie, I can deal with the questions…and even if I wasn’t dating Kevin I could still be on the media’s shit list for questions…it’s not just because I am dating Kevin. It would be if I was dating just some normal guy from school like my ex boyfriend Joey as much as he would enjoy it but even if it was him I think they would like that as well. They haunt any and ever celebrity…so please don’t make this a big deal. It’s really not Howie…I know you don’t want to get questions but being in I guess this ‘business’ aren’t you going to get them anyway? And haven’t you been getting them since you all have been doing this?” Carmen explained to Howie hoping he would at lease understand.


“I guess you DO have a point there I SHOULD be used to it for 7 years and yea I guess I can get overprotective I guess I just don’t want anything to happen”


“Nothing is going to happen Carmen and I promise now if this little ‘meeting’ is over Carmen and I are going to go out and have a nice day together if you don’t mind”


“Sure go and have fun” Carmen and Kevin got up from the couch and headed out the door.


‘Guys, I really hope Kev knows what he is getting into” Howie said.


“D, stop worrying…you aren’t his mother or so I hoped” Brian laughed.


“Rok, shut up I am being serious”


“Look, I have known Kev forever he is a big boy he knows what he is getting himself into. And if he makes a mistake then he makes a mistake. Everyone makes a mistake” Brian responded.