- Text Size +
The next day Carmen got a call from Kevin saying that they needed to talk about what went on at the Backstreet meeting the day before. Carmen went to Kevin’s house. She got out of the car and rang the doorbell. Soon later Kevin opened the door.


“You said we needed to talk”


“Yea we do come in” Carmen walked into the house. She followed him into the living room,” Don’t worry I am NOT calling ‘us’ off I know those words ‘we need to talk’ kind of get you but I don’t know how to say this really”


“What are you talking about Kevin? You aren’t making ANY sense.”


“You know yesterday when Howie was I guess you could say being ‘me’ for the day with all the lectures and what not I don’t know it just kind of scared me…really it did. I don’t know why but I went home yesterday and just thought and thought about what Brian had to say and how Howie was saying that I was ‘too’ old for you or whatever and well I just think..”


“You just think what?” she interrupted Kevin.


“Come with me upstairs I guess what I am trying to sat is all in a song I wrote last night just for this occasion…I guess” Kevin and Carmen walked into the ‘instrument’ room Kevin went and sat down on the piano bench and Carmen sat down next to him,” This is called You Are”



Baby when I look at you
You know it breaks my heart in two
How beautiful you are
I’ve seen you in a million dreams
Now you’re finally here with me
We will never be apart
I wanna hold you forever
That’s all I’ll ever need


You are my love
You are my life
My heart and soul
The truest friend I’ve ever known
You are my world
All of my dreams
My fantasy, my reality
I love everything you are


Every time I close my eyes
It hits me so deep inside
How real this feeling is
I’m intoxicated by your touch
It’s a sweet, sweet rush
I’m in love with your kiss
You’re the one I trust the most
You changed me


You are my love
You are my life
My heart and soul
The truest friend I’ve ever known
You are my world
All of my dreams
My fantasy, my reality
I love everything you are


Everything I love everything you are


“That was so sweet and beautiful Kev…I love you so much” Carmen said as she kissed Kevin.


“I am glad you like it, but I wrote it for this…I was going to sing it to you after I gave you this” Kevin pulled out a ring from his pocket, “I know we have only been dating for two months, but I feel like you are everything I have ever wanted or needed in my life and I guess the only thing to ask you is will you marry me?” Carmen didn’t know what to think,” I know this is something big Carmen and if you don’t want to believe me I will understand completely”


“I never said anything. It is a big step but I am willing to risk it for you Kev. Maybe we shouldn’t get married right away maybe wait a year or two…you know?” Carmen said.


“That sounds good to me…should we call the guys?”


“Why not? Better now than later I guess.”



~~~~
All the guys came to Kevin’s house.


“Okay Kev what in the heck was so important”


“It’s important because well yesterday I got to thinking about what Howie was saying that Carmen was ‘too’ old for me…and it just scared me so I went and got her that” Everyone’s mouth dropped.


“Kev you can’t be serious? You asked her ‘the question’? How stupid is that?” Howie said.


“Chill out D its not like we a re going to get married right away we have both decided to wait a year or two. We thought it would be better…and no one has to know. If media asks we’re still dating,” Kevin replied.


“Well, the only thing I can say is congrats Kev. I guess we are all to blame we did make you decide this in away with that meeting yesterday” Brian said hugging Kevin.


“Thanks Bri, I know you would understand. And I just hope the rest of you do as well”


“And I just want to say I know this came to a shock for you guys, but I or we think this is the right thing…and it was my idea to wait a year or two to get married I am just 18 and in two years I will be 20. And Howie you obviously don’t approve” Carmen said to the guys.


“I never said I didn’t approve I just think it’s too soon…two months?”


“D…trust me when you find ‘the’ person you will know sooner than you think just believe me,” Howie took a second to think it over.


“Okay fine, I guess you are right on some levels…as much as I don’t want to say this but I guess its only fair…congratulations”


“Thank you Howie trust me we are very happy you understand.”



Song Credit "You Are" By: Jimmy Wayne Album: Jimmy Wayne